A Dime Back trolls Realignment Board, wins internet | The Boneyard

A Dime Back trolls Realignment Board, wins internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Suggests Jeff Hathaway as a replacement to Manuel. There were other words and names and points and takes in the article but I can't remember any of them because they actually mentioned Jeff Hathaway's name without any apparent sarcasm. Just read it, so good.

hahahahaha

Reaction Score
Even with this post, there is going to be some serious outrage on this board.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Holy smokes, check the comments section. Chap is writing in complete sentences again!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You are Concerned Citizen, aren't you. :D
I pray that person was kidding, but I seriously doubt they were. I feel better that subsequent posters hammered away at the author for that choice. WOW.

Reaction Score
I hope it's Jeffie! We all miss his mugging for the camera at every stoppage of time at Rentschler. In addition, can he choose coaches!

Reaction Score
It was pretty obvious that Hathaway was mentioned at the for humor sake.

Reaction Score
Bring in the she-man from Texas. I can only imagine the bloodbath that would ensue between Gino and some Pat Summitt clone. God would that be worth the price of admission.

Reaction Score
I pray that person was kidding, but I seriously doubt they were. I feel better that subsequent posters hammered away at the author for that choice. WOW.
"Based on zero inside information, I’ll start the irresponsible rumormongering here."

C'mon. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Bring in the she-man from Texas. I can only imagine the bloodbath that would ensue between Gino and some Pat Summitt clone. God would that be worth the price of admission.

Bruh.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
"Based on zero inside information, I’ll start the irresponsible rumormongering here."
C'mon. :rolleyes:

All that comment means is that he's starting his own list/rumor mill from scratch. Doesn't mean he didn't mean it. At least that's how I interpret that comment.

Reaction Score
Its a joke...I know I committed a thought crime...
Misogyny is hilarious guys. It's always called for and totally OK to degrade someone you've never met, provided it's all in good fun.

(The above comment, much like us suggesting Hathaway for the AD job, is 0% serious. This, of course, means the Boneyard will take it as gospel)

Reaction Score
All that comment means is that he's starting his own list/rumor mill from scratch. Doesn't mean he didn't mean it. At least that's how I interpret that comment.
Author has sarcastic tone. He included Hathaway.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
based on the fact that they are actively telling us it was a joke now makes me think that they were being serious. wonder if they know something we dont?

Reaction Score
Yeah, the jig is up. It was definitely a joke. In fact, it was supposed to be a silly throwaway joke. I'm a little shocked that anyone considered I might be serious.

Reaction Score
based on the fact that they are actively telling us it was a joke now makes me think that they were being serious. wonder if they know something we dont?
We all know Peter has sources. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
As we've seen on the BY repeatedly, it's hard to get sarcasm across in writing unless you know the author. I don't know Peter Bard (or his writing) and outside of the line about the Bright Light of Hempstead, I have no clue if he's serious or just playin. Since it wasn't all that amusing, he wasted a lot of space on a bad joke. He would've been better served to use it as a throwaway line. Something along the lines of "Jeff Hathaway won't be walking through that door, mostly because none of us want him to, so here's my rumor starting list of potential candidates."

Reaction Score
As we've seen on the BY repeatedly, it's hard to get sarcasm across in writing unless you know the author. I don't know Peter Bard (or his writing) and outside of the line about the Bright Light of Hempstead, I have no clue if he's serious or just playin. Since it wasn't all that amusing, he wasted a lot of space on a bad joke. He would've been better served to use it as a throwaway line. Something along the lines of "Jeff Hathaway won't be walking through that door, mostly because none of us want him to, so here's my rumor starting list of potential candidates."
Is this satire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34