A bout with the scalpel; catch-up thots on teams, players, etc. | The Boneyard

A bout with the scalpel; catch-up thots on teams, players, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SCALPEL: Thought I could fend off the scalpels with these rock-hard abs, but no such luck. You know how these Yalies can be when they get you under anesthesia. Anyhow, back on my feet, and at this age that has to be encouraging to you other old timers of either gender. (Op wasn't supposed to be a particularly big deal, though "major surgery," so I didn't call on the Yarders for prayers like I had for my wife last year. Was tempted.)

TEAMS: Thought Rutgers was shamefully dirty, even by Rutgers standards. In general, the deterioration of the women's game seems to be accelerating, with regards to sportsmanship, playing as a team, and the like. Thought Dayton was a pleasure to watch; but still am not a fan of close halves or games for Our Girls; gimme the blowouts as long as we play well. Saves wear the tear on the ticker. Still think there are a lot of good teams on the women's side of basketball, many of which have young rosters which will be even better next year. We'll be even better too.

PLAYERS: Louisville kids looked very good at McDonalds. Our kids put up some numbers, but didn't think they were as impressive as I've seen them look on past tapes. Maybry (sp), ND recruit, looked quite confident and good against our recruits. Our four starting upper classmen often looking terrific in the NCAA's though not all at once; if any three play very well at the same time, we could win the NC, but less than that might not suffice without more from Nurse and/or the bench. Mystified that Williams doesn't get more PT.

MISC: Where are you folks who predict the game scores? Hope you'll show up soon for the next two.
Happy Easter and Passover and stay well.

Reaction Score
Glad you're back on your feet and that everything went well, I'm sure the rock-hard abs helped. Even though the close call in the first half was a bit stress-inducing, weren't those Dayton kids something? Loved the way they played.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Glad to see you back at it, winlots. Continued good health to you.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hope the recover proceeds well!
Thought the two games last week were just bad match-ups for Williams and Stokes so wasn't that surprised.
The HS (and every other) All Star game is almost unwatchable for me. Uconn recruits unselfish players, the opposite of the type of players one sees shine in most all star games. Not worried. (Also think KLS needs a rest - HS ball seasons are not supposed to be that long, but when you add in all the levels of 'championships on the HS level in some states CA especially it seems to go on for ever and she was being beat up every game.

Reaction Score
SCALPEL: Thought I could fend off the scalpels with these rock-hard abs, but no such luck. You know how these Yalies can be when they get you under anesthesia. Anyhow, back on my feet, and at this age that has to be encouraging to you other old timers of either gender. (Op wasn't supposed to be a particularly big deal, though "major surgery," so I didn't call on the Yarders for prayers like I had for my wife last year. Was tempted.)

TEAMS: Thought Rutgers was shamefully dirty, even by Rutgers standards. In general, the deterioration of the women's game seems to be accelerating, with regards to sportsmanship, playing as a team, and the like. Thought Dayton was a pleasure to watch; but still am not a fan of close halves or games for Our Girls; gimme the blowouts as long as we play well. Saves wear the tear on the ticker. Still think there are a lot of good teams on the women's side of basketball, many of which have young rosters which will be even better next year. We'll be even better too.

PLAYERS: Louisville kids looked very good at McDonalds. Our kids put up some numbers, but didn't think they were as impressive as I've seen them look on past tapes. Maybry (sp), ND recruit, looked quite confident and good against our recruits. Our four starting upper classmen often looking terrific in the NCAA's though not all at once; if any three play very well at the same time, we could win the NC, but less than that might not suffice without more from Nurse and/or the bench. Mystified that Williams doesn't get more PT.

MISC: Where are you folks who predict the game scores? Hope you'll show up soon for the next two.
Happy Easter and Passover and stay well.
Thanks. That gives me courage winlots. They're taking out a cyst and fusing L4/L5 for me on May 11th. Thought I'd better get it done before I get even older.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Glad to hear you're back on your feet. Just in time too. :D

Reaction Score
Glad you're back on your feet and that everything went well, I'm sure the rock-hard abs helped. Even though the close call in the first half was a bit stress-inducing, weren't those Dayton kids something? Loved the way they played.

TOM C: Thank you. Got a kick out of your abs comment - they must still be there somewhere. Glad you enjoyed Dayton's approach. Stay well.

Reaction Score
Glad to see you back at it, winlots. Continued good health to you.

NAN: And thank you. Classy of you, as we've butted heads a time or two over the years. (Though I do recall sending you a message of support back when one of your own family members was having difficulty; and I've remained explicit in my admiration for what you've built here. I won't be posting as often now as in the past, as the priorities for my time have been re-ordered a bit. Will certainly stay connected and will post on occasion.) Stay well.

Reaction Score
Hope the recover proceeds well!
Thought the two games last week were just bad match-ups for Williams and Stokes so wasn't that surprised.
The HS (and every other) All Star game is almost unwatchable for me. Uconn recruits unselfish players, the opposite of the type of players one sees shine in most all star games. Not worried. (Also think KLS needs a rest - HS ball seasons are not supposed to be that long, but when you add in all the levels of 'championships on the HS level in some states CA especially it seems to go on for ever and she was being beat up every game.

UcM: Appreciate your good wishes and am doing well -- ran the chain saw awhile this afternoon, in fact. And just now opened a jar lid for the love of my life. As is usually the case, I agree with almost all you had to say in your post -- All Star games, KSL, rest, etc. I do remain perplexed about Williams; to me she seems to be an extremely productive player per minute played, though I don't have the hard data. I'm very much Geno-like in terms of the quest for perfection in many aspects of life, and the only fault I've found with her is that she has a tendency to coast up and down the floor at times rather than hustling. . The other mistakes she makes seem no different that those that many players make, including ours, yet she seems to get that short leash unlike some others. Stay well.

Reaction Score
Thanks. That gives me courage winlots. They're taking out a cyst and fusing L4/L5 for me on May 11th. Thought I'd better get it done before I get even older.

SON: hey, best wished to you for your surgery iin May. I was very pleased to read that my thread gave you a boost. That was a major hope for me in posting again, as I know we have a lot of old-timers on here who go thru things like this. Appreciated. And "getting even older" is the preferred alternative, remember. So use the time before mid-May to maximize your health, and you'll sail thru this. Keep us posted, and stay well.

Reaction Score
Glad to hear you're back on your feet. Just in time too. :D

MEYER: Thank you. Good to hear from you. When you mention someone's feet, why does my mind go to the feet of those poor gals you've tricked into joining you on the dance floor? And remember, there will be a smaller pool from which you can draw now that I'm and around, what with the rock hard abs and all. Keep smilin' and stay well.

Reaction Score
[/QUOTE

Ooops....Thanks, ElZ . Good to hear from you and as soon as season is over (couple hours) and then taxes, I intend to catch up on some emails and will be in touch. Hope you are doing well yourself and send my best to you and yours. Will look on other threads to see if I can get your thinking about tonight.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
My feeling about tonight is that unless Stewie and Morgan BOTH get Gilloolied, we win by at least 15. The line is 16, I hear, and if I were bettng I woule take UConn and give the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom