A Bold Prediction (out of conference) | The Boneyard

A Bold Prediction (out of conference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is not UCONN related, but I'm predicting that PITT (yes PITT) will finish in the top 5 in the ACC this year. After being picked to finish last in the conference last year, they finished in 7th place and even won an NCAA game. They lost a lot of talent (their leading scorer and point guard and best defensive player), but I think will be even better this season for one reason: Suzie McConnel-Serio. I think she's one of the most talented coaches out there who has been hampered by lesser talent (and her refusal to leave the Pittsburgh area). But I really believe she can turn PITT into a consistent contender in the ACC given enough talent, and she's recruited pretty well for the last two years. Her team is young but IMHO will surprise again this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Pitt finishes in the top 5 this year... then their coach will definitely be the ACC coach of the year.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't think that is totally completely far-fetched. I don't know enough to know how likely it is. Notre Dame and Duke, Louisville (I assume) and Florida State look to be the cream of the crop.

I assume that, to varying degrees, Tech, Miami, Syracuse, Pitt and Virginia will continue to generally be the middle tier. I don't know that Wake Forest, Virginia Tech or Clemson are expected to move far from the bottom.

BC (I just don't know) and North Carolina are wild cards that I don't have a prediction for.

So, with the right breaks, sure, Pitt could be 4th, 5th or 6th in the ACC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't think that is totally completely far-fetched. I don't know enough to know how likely it is. Notre Dame and Duke, Louisville (I assume) and Florida State look to be the cream of the crop.

I assume that, to varying degrees, Tech, Miami, Syracuse, Pitt and Virginia will continue to generally be the middle tier. I don't know that Wake Forest, Virginia Tech or Clemson are expected to move far from the bottom.

BC (I just don't know) and North Carolina are wild cards that I don't have a prediction for.

So, with the right breaks, sure, Pitt could be 4th, 5th or 6th in the ACC.

I would put Syracuse as #5 in the ACC.... Miami probably would be #6... after that... who knows.

Reaction Score
If Pitt finishes in the top 5 this year... then their coach will definitely be the ACC coach of the year.
I can't tell whether you're agreeing or disagreeing. PITT was in seventh place last year: NC was one of the six teams above them, and will find it very difficult to replicate that standing this year. I also think they will finish ahead of Syracuse in the standings, and I don't see any of the other teams behind them in last year's standings poised to make a jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom