91 its expected | The Boneyard

91 its expected

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Its really hard to believe that here we are going to break another record and our own record which seemed almost impossible. Whats really crazy is we're doing it with a group who at the beginning of the season we had no idea what to expect from them. This is proof that Genos system works with interchangeable parts. You can plug in almost anybody on the team and they run their plays almost faultless. Yes you need leaders, you need good players but most of all you need a coaching staff that can teach and players who will do what their told. Players with an open mind. One the about the mind. Its either open or closed and a closed mind no matter how good the player will not work in Genos system.

So today SMU will see something they have never seen at a womens game in Dallas. The media and press who will be covering this milestone and record breaking performance. It will be huge. The attention to UConn and their every play, the interviews, ESPN who isnt broadcasting the game Im sure will be present for post game interviews.

I know of a few UConn fans who made the trip. I have to wonder how many former players will be there...Mojeff who is playing professionally in Texas? No surprises today. UConn wins their 91st game and counting. Gotta wonder what else this team can do to surprise us. They do the unexpected exceptionally well .

Reaction Score
Oh Tony, be careful. Do not mess with the mojo. Nothing is written, nothing is promised!!!!:)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Its really hard to believe that here we are going to break another record and our own record which seemed almost impossible. Whats really crazy is we're doing it with a group who at the beginning of the season we had no idea what to expect from them. This is proof that Genos system works with interchangeable parts. You can plug in almost anybody on the team and they run their plays almost faultless. Yes you need leaders, you need good players but most of all you need a coaching staff that can teach and players who will do what their told. Players with an open mind. One the about the mind. Its either open or closed and a closed mind no matter how good the player will not work in Genos system.

So today SMU will see something they have never seen at a womens game in Dallas. The media and press who will be covering this milestone and record breaking performance. It will be huge. The attention to UConn and their every play, the interviews, ESPN who isnt broadcasting the game Im sure will be present for post game interviews.

I know of a few UConn fans who made the trip. I have to wonder how many former players will be there...Mojeff who is playing professionally in Texas? No surprises today. UConn wins their 91st game and counting. Gotta wonder what else this team can do to surprise us. They do the unexpected exceptionally well .

You're right Tonyc, This game will be as anti-climatic has it can get. No drama here. It'll be business as usual. The only question about this game will be the margin of victory. There was some concern leading up their game against USF, because of the Bull's record up to that point, and their history of playing UConn tough with a no fear approach.

After the first 10 minutes, those fears were quickly dashed, as UConn came out of the blocks and lapped them before the seats were warm. It appeared the Bulls had been misinformed about the night's activities. What started out to be a basketball game turned into a track meet that they were not prepared to participate in. USF looked like anything but a top 25 team, as UConn made them look like a Division 3 team with their dominant play on both ends of the court. When you can hold a team to 6 points in a quarter, and beat them by 65 points, and hand them their worst defeat in program history, there's nothing else to say. UConn made a statement that night, and served notice to the rest of the teams in the conference.

This game will be fun to watch if you're a UConn fan, or if you want to watch history being made. The last hurdle remaining on the schedule is of course the Gamecocks of South Carolina. It's expected that UConn will be looking to extend the win streak to 100 games that evening on national TV. You can imagine the press coverage that game will receive. Winners are not born, they're made........................ here ~ Geno Auriemma.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You're right Tonyc, This game will be as anti-climatic has it can get. No drama here. It'll be business as usual. The only question about this game will be the margin of victory. There was some concern leading up their game against USF, because of the Bull's record up to that point, and their history of playing UConn tough with a no fear approach.

After the first 10 minutes, those fears were quickly dashed, as UConn came out of the blocks and lapped them before the seats were warm. It appeared the Bulls had been misinformed about the night's activities. What started out to be a basketball game turned into a track meet that they were not prepared to participate in. USF looked like anything but a top 25 team, as UConn made them look like a Division 3 team with their dominant play on both ends of the court. When you can hold a team to 6 points in a quarter, and beat them by 65 points, and hand them their worst defeat in program history, there's nothing else to say. UConn made a statement that night, and served notice to the rest of the teams in the conference.

This game will be fun to watch if you're a UConn fan, or if you want to watch history being made. The last hurdle remaining on the schedule is of course the Gamecocks of South Carolina. It's expected that UConn will be looking to extend the win streak to 100 games that evening on national TV. You can imagine the press coverage that game will receive. Winners are not born, they're made.... here ~ Geno Auriemma.
As far as the Gamecocks go if Wilson isnt back they will lose bigger then if she is there. We saw what happened against Georgia the other nite. I have no fears of another team playing better because of UConns defense or unless Uconn is in big time foul trouble or has key injuries. As we saw against MD with a 19 pt lead followed by key fouls which I question as UConn appeared to be pulling away no team can beat UConn if they stay out of foul trouble and remain healthy. This is a well disciplined machine that wont beat themselves. I think they learned from the MD game to stay out of foul trouble and now with Natalie picking it up over the past few games I really like the fact that we will not be as prone to foul trouble as we were earlier in the season. Molly will see alot of action over the next few games as CD gets healthy. Another plus for UConn. We need Molly to gain experience so she can be counted on down the stretch. This team is coming along right on schedule.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As far as the Gamecocks go if Wilson isnt back they will lose bigger then if she is there. We saw what happened against Georgia the other nite. I have no fears of another team playing better because of UConns defense or unless Uconn is in big time foul trouble or has key injuries. As we saw against MD with a 19 pt lead followed by key fouls which I question as UConn appeared to be pulling away no team can beat UConn if they stay out of foul trouble and remain healthy. This is a well disciplined machine that wont beat themselves. I think they learned from the MD game to stay out of foul trouble and now with Natalie picking it up over the past few games I really like the fact that we will not be as prone to foul trouble as we were earlier in the season. Molly will see alot of action over the next few games as CD gets healthy. Another plus for UConn. We need Molly to gain experience so she can be counted on down the stretch. This team is coming along right on schedule.

Foul trouble - Most of us have forgotten the foul trouble that plagued the team early in the season, particularly the Florida State game when Gabby picked up 3 fouls in the first quarter. Chong and Nurse fouled out late in the game, while Samuelson was tittering on the brink with 4. That issue was obviously addressed, as it has not been a problem since. I recall looking at a box score of a recent game. Gabby played over 30 minutes and did not commit a single personal foul. It would appear that she has learned to play without fouling, as has Collier. I agree with your take that if the team can stay out foul trouble, with other team members now stepping up, everything else should take care of itself. A poster wrote last week, "UConn's defense wins games. The offense determines by how much".

Reaction Score
After we win today (and we will) and even during the game, UConn will pivot from 1. running the gauntlet/gantlet :))) of the fall and 2. tying/breaking the streak, to getting Natalie, Molly, and Kyla as many quality minutes as possible, all the while continuing to give the first team opportunities to employ in games what they learn in practice. That means a psychological refocusing to achieving internal team goals that are somewhat different from focusing on extending the streak itself.

Reaction Score

We're doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom