7,000 sq ft sports bar coming to Storrs Center | The Boneyard

7,000 sq ft sports bar coming to Storrs Center

Reaction Score
I heard the following from a good source when I applied for a job. The 7000 ft. is basically 5000 ft of bar/restaurant plus storage and a private party room. The "Grille 86" name comes from Jordan Reed, a CT native now #86 with the Washington Redskins, who is an investor. It will be a top quality restaurant with a casual atmosphere, 30-40 flat screens carrying all the games, a great menu, and will have nightlife for a younger crowd. It won't necessarily be a "nickel night" place but will have the right deals, entertainment, etc to pack the place on the weekends. With an NFL investor I'm sure some pro athletes will show their faces in the place, as well as any alumni who finally will have a real place to watch the games.

Reaction Score
I heard the following from a good source when I applied for a job. The 7000 ft. is basically 5000 ft of bar/restaurant plus storage and a private party room. The "Grille 86" name comes from Jordan Reed, a CT native now #86 with the Washington Redskins, who is an investor. It will be a top quality restaurant with a casual atmosphere, 30-40 flat screens carrying all the games, a great menu, and will have nightlife for a younger crowd. It won't necessarily be a "nickel night" place but will have the right deals, entertainment, etc to pack the place on the weekends. With an NFL investor I'm sure some pro athletes will show their faces in the place, as well as any alumni who finally will have a real place to watch the games.
That is GREAT news! Any idea if they will have a full bar?

Reaction Score
That is GREAT news! Any idea if they will have a full bar?
Yes I assume so because they are going to be hiring full bar/restaurant staff. It's going to be a sports bar with restaurant seating also.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This would have been amazing back in the mid 80's. Hell, I'd like it in my current town now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's coming along - they've got a couple of job fairs scheduled this week to start staffing.

For future reference, it's called Grille 86, after Jordan Reed's uniform number.

Reaction Score
For future reference, it's called Grille 86, after Jordan Reed's uniform number.
If someone complains about the food, drinks, or service, they'll punch 'em in the smacker. ;)

Reaction Score
Looking for a Grand Opening date for this place. I would assume it would be before the kids go back in mid Jan. Any info out there?

Reaction Score
If you go to the grill 86 facebook page, they have their menu published. Looks really good!

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Grille 86: A new home for sports fans, Will Open in Storrs

"Grille 86, a new American restaurant, will soon open in Storrs Center offering a new location for fresh food and sporting event viewings for the University of Connecticut community and beyond.

The restaurant was originally set to open in the holiday season of 2016 but due to a change in the location’s design the opening has been postponed to a rough estimate of late March, managing partner Marc Alderucci said.

“We don’t want to rush it. We want to get everything done the right way,” Grille 86 operations representative Shelby Krause said.

There will be around 42 flat 55-inch TV screens, each one set to a different channel covering matches ranging from the NFL to the UFC, Alderucci said.

The restaurant will also host special events and deals relating to sports from the professional level to the local community, according to Alderucci.

“A diverse group of people come in from the local community from the kids across the street to the students from UConn, so we have a bit of everything for everyone,” Alderucci said.

The restaurant will feature its investor Jordan Reed, the tight end for the Washington Redskins football team and a Connecticut native, with wall memorabilia, in addition to his presence along with other NFL players for special events, Alderucci said.

The name “Grille 86” came from Reed’s jersey number with the Washington Redskins, 86, Alderucci said.

Grille 86 will also pay homage to UConn’s sports teams with its own wall for Husky memorabilia, Alderucci said."

Reaction Score
I went by this place today on the hope that they might be opening before some of the bball conf tournaments, but the place looks like it has a ways to go. I think they have been targeting a March Grand Opening. Anyone have any info about where they are in the process? I could be wrong but the inside is nowhere close to done.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Storrs Center’s history of delaying openings

New businesses coming to Storrs Center frequently delay their openings and do not open until later than initially planned.

Grille 86, a restaurant that plans to offer new American food and a place for sporting event viewings, is opening this weekend despite having been originally scheduled to open during the 2016 holiday season. The opening was postponed because of a change in the location’s design, managing partner Marc Alderucci said.

“We didn’t want to rush it. We wanted to get everything done the right way,” Grille 86 operations representative Shelby Krause said.

Opening a new business in Storrs Center is a complicated process that requires a great deal of time and effort, CEO and Principal of Leyland Alliance LLC and developer of Storrs Center Howard Kaufman said.

“Each store or restaurant is unique and carefully thought out. Sometimes this just takes longer than expected. Sometimes there are delays because a contractor is unavailable, or because a design detail is changed—or because of something that needs to be corrected,” Kaufman said.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
As someone who works in IT but deals with plenty of construction projects, delays are the norm not the exception. At least in my world.....

Reaction Score
In Storrs Center, how well are the businesses performing? Early tenants still operating? Later arrivals? To anyone with good insight, thanks for sharing.

Reaction Score
Finally made it over to this place. Lots of TVs with open space, and what looks like a party room with a pool table and separate seating.Looks like a great place to watch a game. Really nice people run this restaurant. Hope it does well.Go check it out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom