6-8 SF Kris Wilkes | The Boneyard

6-8 SF Kris Wilkes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Wilkes looks like a very smooth player with a really nice soft touch on his shots from all over. Albeit with a big size advantage in these videos, he can finish near the hoop using the glass with his soft touch. He shows some nice passes and a pretty good court vision. Seems to have a good handle and gets by his man. One overall impression is that he can get his shot off without help, including a lot of last second adjustments in his body position to get the shot off cleanly. He does not seem to have a huge vertical but seems quick and agile for his size. A very nice looking prospect.....any idea if we have a real shot?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what our chances are. If you look around the internet Indiana is linked to him a lot for whatever that is worth. The fact that Ollie offered him during the U-18 thing though makes it more interesting. Maybe they are hitting it off.

Reaction Score
I'd have to guess that if UConn is offering a player this late in the recruiting cycle that the player has expressed sincere interest in UConn. Overall I'd say in most cases offers aren't extended unless the player tells UConn he has interest in the program.

Reaction Score
Update on Wilkes. No mention of UConn but this interview may have been done before we offered.

Reaction Score
Next
Why? This kid is phenomenal. We should be going all out for him. Since he's briefly been coached by Ollie, I would be surprised if we don't get a visit here. He hasn't scheduled his visit for IU or Michigan either. He's far from decided on anything.

Reaction Score
Why? This kid is phenomenal. We should be going all out for him. Since he's briefly been coached by Ollie, I would be surprised if we don't get a visit here. He hasn't scheduled his visit for IU or Michigan either. He's far from decided on anything.

LOL I agree, love his game. Feathery touch for sure looks like the ball hits soft on the rim all the time. Tough too, finishes in traffic.

Just think we're a bit late, I know nothing about it jut reading the tea leaves as some say. :oops: Take him in a second.

Reaction Score
LOL I agree, love his game. Feathery touch for sure looks like the ball hits soft on the rim all the time. Tough too, finishes in traffic.

Just think we're a bit late, I know nothing about it jut reading the tea leaves as some say. :oops: Take him in a second.

Mau, doesn't want to get his hopes up only to be deflated. The story of my life on the yard basketball site.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

This kid has great touch on his shot. I would love to see him as a Husky....he looks like a "special" talent, maybe not the uber athlete (although quite athletic), but with some real skill and feel for shooting the ball.

C

Chief00

Back in the day - I use to hate dudes who threw out one leg when the shot. Plenty of shin bruises.

Reaction Score
UConn‏@B_WRecruiting
UConn Retweeted Kyle Neddenriep

UConn has made Kris Wilkes top 11 schools. AAU teammates with Paul Scruggs.

UConn added,

Kyle Neddenriep @KyleNeddenriep
Kris Wilkes top 11 schools: Indiana, Xavier, Butler, UCLA, Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan, North Carolina, Washington, Arizona, UConn.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-31_15-38-59.gif
    upload_2016-7-31_15-38-59.gif
    52 bytes · Views: 18

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score

"If Wilkes and Scruggs do decide to be a package deal, here are the most likely destinations, in my opinion.
  1. Xavier
  2. Indiana
  3. Illinois
  4. UCONN
  5. Ohio State"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics