6-10 C Brandon Huffman | The Boneyard

6-10 C Brandon Huffman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who found this kid? He seems relatively unknown. I can barely find any info on him. It's obviously a highlight real but there looks to be potential.

Reaction Score
As far as I can tell he is unranked. Seems like a bit of a reach but they must see something.

Reaction Score
As far as I can tell he is unranked. Seems like a bit of a reach but they must see something.

ballislife has an interview with him. He's a military brat who lived in Alaska for several years before moving to NC for high school. Sounds like he hasn't been playing seriously for that long. That background suggests some sleeper potential and he apparently had a good Pangos camp.

By the way 80s, you've been doing some great work lately. Much appreciated.

Reaction Score
ballislife has an interview with him. He's a military brat who lived in Alaska for several years before moving to NC for high school. Sounds like he hasn't been playing seriously for that long. That background suggests some sleeper potential and he apparently had a good Pangos camp.

By the way 80s, you've been doing some great work lately. Much appreciated.
Thank you. Just sharing what I see around that I think some people might be interested in. Your information about his background would explain why he is a relative unknown but we are on him. There is a recent Pangos mixtape of him kicking around but it had a 2 minute advertisement at the beginning of it so I didn't post it. Let me see if I can find a cleaner one to toss up here. If not I'll put up the other one anyway.

caw

Reaction Score
Who found this kid? He seems relatively unknown. I can barely find any info on him. It's obviously a highlight real but there looks to be potential.

Isn't Dream Vision the AAU Vance played on?

Reaction Score
Isn't Dream Vision the AAU Vance played on?
I think he was Prolific Prep unless he could've have been on multiple teams which it seems many of these kids have been.

caw

Reaction Score
I think he was Prolific Prep unless he could've have been on multiple teams which it seems many of these kids have been.

Pretty sure Prolific Prep was his high school. Dream Vision the AAU, same AAU as the Morman SG/SF who visited UConn (name escapes me).

Reaction Score
The second video (Pangos Camp) is much more impressive than the first video. Looks like there's a lot of potential with him, he attacks the rim, seems like he has a ridiculous wingspan.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
From DraftExpress:

Strengths
-6' 9” with a developed, proportionate 230-pound frame that still has room to fill out. Above average length. Big hands.
-Not overly fluid but is mobile for his size. Can get up and down the floor. Able to play above the rim in space.
-High motor on both ends. Runs the floor hard.
-Uses his physical tools and effort level to have an impact on the glass and the defensive end. Likes physicality. Pursues rebounds aggressively. Protects the rim a bit. Can bang in the post.

Weaknesses
-A tad undersized for a center prospect.
-Can play above the rim in space but isn't an overly explosive leaper from a standstill. Not all that comfortable guarding the perimeter at this stage.
-Fairly limited offensively. Not a threat from the perimeter and isn't very polished on the block. Footwork is a bit rigid, doesn't have all that much natural touch.
-Feel for the game isn't great. Basketball instincts and IQ have room to improve on both ends of the floor

Outlook: The Anchorage, Alaska native didn't get a ton of run at Eurocamp but DraftExpress has scouted him at various camps in the past and the uncommitted 2017 big man is worth keeping an eye on thanks to his high motor and physicality. Although Huffman has his limitations, he'll most certainly be fielding high major offers and should be able to carve out a nice niche at the college level as a high energy big man.

According to VerbalCommits we're definitely the biggest program to offer him thus far.

Reaction Score
From DraftExpress:Sounds perfect for us. Will stay at least three years. Improve each year. Solid, steady, player.

Strengths
-6' 9” with a developed, proportionate 230-pound frame that still has room to fill out. Above average length. Big hands.
-Not overly fluid but is mobile for his size. Can get up and down the floor. Able to play above the rim in space.
-High motor on both ends. Runs the floor hard.
-Uses his physical tools and effort level to have an impact on the glass and the defensive end. Likes physicality. Pursues rebounds aggressively. Protects the rim a bit. Can bang in the post.

Weaknesses
-A tad undersized for a center prospect.
-Can play above the rim in space but isn't an overly explosive leaper from a standstill. Not all that comfortable guarding the perimeter at this stage.
-Fairly limited offensively. Not a threat from the perimeter and isn't very polished on the block. Footwork is a bit rigid, doesn't have all that much natural touch.
-Feel for the game isn't great. Basketball instincts and IQ have room to improve on both ends of the floor

Outlook: The Anchorage, Alaska native didn't get a ton of run at Eurocamp but DraftExpress has scouted him at various camps in the past and the uncommitted 2017 big man is worth keeping an eye on thanks to his high motor and physicality. Although Huffman has his limitations, he'll most certainly be fielding high major offers and should be able to carve out a nice niche at the college level as a high energy big man.

According to VerbalCommits we're definitely the biggest program to offer him thus far.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He's a lot like Diarra. Taller but probably about equivalent in standing reach. Rim runner with little to no offensive repertoire. Hustle guy. Every team needs one, but do we need/want 2?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He seems to want to take one two handed dribble before going up with it, whether off a pass or an O board. I would say that's a bad trait, except Wes Unseld used to do the same thing, and he turned out OK. Then again, the only guard I can remember taking the ball away frm Wes when he did that was Oscar.
For a HS junior, he's got a well developed body. Could add a few #, but he's definitely not rail thin.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Having a pretty big framed 6-10 guy with a motor who loves crashing the boards; sounds pretty good to me. Good motor = motivated. Just the kind of young man
that KO can work with. Multi year player like Diarra. I think these kind of players are exactly what we need to compliment the finesse offensive players. I would love
to land him and have the staff develop him defensively as well.

C

Chief00

Having a pretty big framed 6-10 guy with a motor who loves crashing the boards; sounds pretty good to me. Good motor = motivated. Just the kind of young man
that KO can work with. Multi year player like Diarra. I think these kind of players are exactly what we need to compliment the finesse offensive players. I would love
to land him and have the staff develop him defensively as well.

I like physical guys , who love to rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom