5:30 Monday afternoon in Seattle | The Boneyard

5:30 Monday afternoon in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Somehow people in Seattle can jam a stadium at 5:30 on a Monday afternoon. I guess noon on a Saturday can be overcome.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I understand your point? Are you suggesting that the NFL is a bigger draw than UConn football? I would agree.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The point is people complain about noon on Saturdays and can't leave the parking lot to attend the game on time. Clearly it can be done even at 530 on a Monday afternoon.

I'm not even proposing skipping kids soccer or your foilage trip through the Berkshires. Just if you can make it to the parking lot - maybe be in attendance when the game starts.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is why we lost to western michigan

Reaction Score
whaler11...I agree with that the time is fine. But as of these days, the NFL is more popular around here than the southeast. If they put an NFL team in Hartford, you bet it would be packed every game, no matter the time. We ALMOST had the Patriots.

Reaction Score
Not really. We were just a bargaining chip for Kraft.
From what I gathered, loyalty was the only reason the Patriots stayed in Foxborough. The deal the state of CT presented was superior.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
whaler11...I agree with that the time is fine. But as of these days, the NFL is more popular around here than the southeast. If they put an NFL team in Hartford, you bet it would be packed every game, no matter the time. We ALMOST had the Patriots.

I'm not comparing the NFL to UConn.

I'm comparing the ability of people to be in the stadium at 5:30 on a Monday... When half our crowd is still in the parking lot at 12:15 on a Saturday.

I can guarantee that a mediocre NFL team in Hartford would look like Jacksonville, Tampa or San Diego. Probably worse.

Reaction Score

I'm comparing the ability of people to be in the stadium at 5:30 on a Monday... When half our crowd is still in the parking lot at 12:15 on a Saturday.

I can guarantee that a mediocre NFL team in Hartford would look like Jacksonville, Tampa or San Diego. Probably worse.
It all comes down to enthusiasm to be at the event. I was being told there's even people who attend SEC games' tailgates and watch on a widescreen during the game in the parking lot. Check your inbox when you can.

I don't know how well we'd draw compared to those cities. With the present team and Super Bowl wins, we'd sell out. I know that much.

Reaction Score
And the point of making this complaint to this board is...?

Do you think people who attend games and visit this message board are more or less likely to be in their seats than those who go to the games and do not visit this message board?

Reaction Score
There's people who go to games and read this message board but are not members.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It all comes down to enthusiasm to be at the event. I was being told there's even people who attend SEC games' tailgates and watch on a widescreen during the game in the parking lot. Check your inbox when you can.

I don't know how well we'd draw compared to those cities. With the present team and Super Bowl wins, we'd sell out. I know that much.

People in New England will attend games when the team is pretty much a dynasty? Quite a feather in their caps.

Reaction Score
People in New England will attend games when the team is pretty much a dynasty? Quite a feather in their caps.
Yes. We used to have season tickets for the Patriots in 1990. Check out their attendance numbers that year. Pats' worst season ever.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Do you think people who attend games and visit this message board are more or less likely to be in their seats than those who go to the games and do not visit this message board?

There are plenty of people on this board who complain about noon kickoffs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes. We used to have season tickets for the Patriots in 1990. Check out their attendance numbers that year. Pats' worst season ever.

I went to the finale with the Giants. If not for Giants fans they wouldn't have half filled the place.

This market can't put 35k in a stadium for NC State with low ticket prices. The idea it could have supported an NFL team that wasn't excellent is absurd. Double the capacity and multiply the ticket price by 3? You could throw grenades in the stands and not hit anyone.

Reaction Score
I went to the finale with the Giants. If not for Giants fans they wouldn't have half filled the place.

This market can't put 35k in a stadium for NC State with low ticket prices. The idea it could have supported an NFL team that wasn't excellent is absurd. Double the capacity and multiply the ticket price by 3? You could throw grenades in the stands and not hit anyone.
We were supposed to go to that game but our father gave the tickets to his friend!

It'll take time for our football culture to grow. Let's just be glad they didn't build a larger stadium. Winning culture = fans. In other words, people are generally bandwagoners.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

To your more general point I know that the people here are generally good fans and show up on Saturdays. I was just looking for a place to vent as I just don't understand why the people of Connecticut don't embrace the football program.

It's frustrating to me that attendance is declining and even though we've graduated 9 years of students in the Rentschler era the young alumni don't turn out.

It's frustrating that I work in Hartford and on Mondays my coworkers talk about the Notre Dame game every week.

It's unbelievable to me that I work with 5 people who have season basketball tickets who have never set foot inside the football stadium.

So yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir - but seeing a stadium full at 5:30 on a Monday leads to pointless angry frustrated venting.

Reaction Score
In the 1920s, Yale drew 50K+, while NFL teams drew around 5K-10K+ and around 20K in the 30s. A lot of games drew even less than 5K in the 1920s.

Reaction Score

I suspect if the Green Bay Packers were the opponent, we'd have no problem getting 40,000 in their seats for kickoff.

Reaction Score
It's frustrating that I work in Hartford and on Mondays my coworkers talk about the Notre Dame game every week.

It's unbelievable to me that I work with 5 people who have season basketball tickets who have never set foot inside the football stadium.
Bandwagoners.

Reaction Score
Jesus Harold Christ is this officiating brutal. Seahawks given a gift on a phantom interference call on 1st and 30.

Reaction Score
This game just ended on one of the all time comical calls. Just brutal.

I'll be shocked if the regular officials aren't back very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom