(4/29) Not that this matters, but what a joke... | The Boneyard

(4/29) Not that this matters, but what a joke...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem as much with ranking those teams higher - it's pretty subjective in the preseason. But to not even have UCONN in the top 25? I guess all you can do is shrug and chuckle at it. I wonder how much the players follow this stuff? I know during the season they have to be aware of rankings and articles/press about them. Of course they have access to all the same stuff as we do, but do they really pay attention? Honestly I am asking - have no idea.

Still, as zen and H25 said, good BB material, and it's more important where we finish than where we start...

Reaction Score
While I agree with OP, I also agree with Husky25. Rankings aren't a big deal to me but often times I feel they can do better. Bigger chip!

Reaction Score
I wonder how much the players follow this stuff? I know during the season they have to be aware of rankings and articles/press about them. Of course they have access to all the same stuff as we do, but do they really pay attention? Honestly I am asking - have no idea.

Still, as zen and H25 said, good BB material, and it's more important where we finish than where we start...

Remember the story about Kemba Walker posting the preseason rankings before the 2010-2011 season? They know.

Reaction Score
Can't believe these guys make a salary doing this. not just uconn, alot of other really good teams not mentioned.

Reaction Score
Lack of respect we're used to. Remember our last championship? We weren't making the tourney let alone going anywhere with 1/4 of the season left. If the 5 position comes together we will be a top ten team, otherwise just a good team.

Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-one-postnba-deadline-rankings-see-cards-rise

So let me get this straight, we beat Syracuse, Harvard, Notre Dame, (Marquette basically) with the same team returning next year, yet they're all ranked ahead of us?

Honestly, what a joke. Stuff like this pisses me off because it's just uneducated predictions. Seems like goodman and parish were smoking some serious stuff this week.

I don't think there's any cause to rank UConn ahead of Syracuse just because UConn beat them. On paper, which is where these things are done, they are better. Harvard loses no one and brings back their two best players who were suspended last season, they should be ranked all year. I don't know **** about ND except they have an unusually good class coming in. What's the problem with all this? As I see it, it tempers the "holy *** we have Brimah and Facey? We're tooooo good" nonsense.

Reaction Score
He did say it does not really matter but pisses him off and that is fair. I hope we are not ranked all year and get to the FF- I'll be happy.

Oh yeah- and CBS can suck it.

Reaction Score
If the 5 position comes together we will be a top ten team, otherwise just a good team.

The way I look at it, unless he makes one of the biggest leaps ever his senior year, if Olander is seeing at most a few minutes a game come tournament time, there won't be a limit to how far we can go. If he is an important big at that point, not so much.

Reaction Score
The only ranking I care about is the final one.... Rank us 350th in the preseason for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom