3pm......are you kidding me???? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3pm......are you kidding me????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you a child or just self-employed? Christmas isn't a thing where offices close for a week... Usually you get xmas day and one other day off, with the holiday being Sunday, I think Monday being the official holiday is pretty universal

I work in Supply Chain for long time CT aerospace manufacturer. We have always gotten the week of xmas/new years off as holidays with extra days thrown in depending on when the holidays fall. So this year we are off starting 12/23 and return 1/3/17.

Plus....my original comment with the little winky emoji was not serious, as I realize not everyone is so lucky.

Reaction Score
agree with the sentiment, but i saw this thread title and thought hamidou diallo was gonna commit at 3pm.

freaked me out for a second!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Wednesday 2:30 game is ridiculous but as has been said, dictated by TV. I guess they figure a lot of people may be out of work/school so why not have an afternoon game.
There has always been an afternoon pre Christmas game and is done, I hope, with the intention of allowing the student athletes a chance to get home for a brief holiday visit
It is what it is

Reaction Score
The Wednesday 2:30 game is ridiculous but as has been said, dictated by TV. I guess they figure a lot of people may be out of work/school so why not have an afternoon game.
There has always been an afternoon pre Christmas game and is done, I hope, with the intention of allowing the student athletes a chance to get home for a brief holiday visit
It is what it is
but TWO weekday afternoon games in less than a week? They're asking an awful lot of the fanbase if you ask me......

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that anyone is surprised.

Have you not looked at the schedule yet?

There's a ton of crap starting times and that is because we've been relegated from the good time slots.

You think UConn doesn't want to play on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 7 pm? They do.

But they can't, so we get 2:30 on a Friday, 6 pm on a Sunday, etc., etc.

Address your complaints to Bristol.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Dear UConn,

You realize that your fans have to, you know, WORK in order to afford money to buy tickets????

Truly, WTF.

UConn Men's Basketball vs. Houston

Event Times

That's my birthday. I won't be working.

It's a big one, by the way: Twenty-one.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well I just spent the afternoon (I am a semi-retired consultant) first watching North Florida and then the Giant v Detroit. Great afternoon stuck out here on Olde Cape Cod! Looks however like I may be doing the same double header again as my wife has scheduled me in for some family holiday fun during both the Giants v Eagles and the Auburn game.

Reaction Score
Wow, that is shocking to me. I haven't been like a hospital employee for a decade or anything. Worked in weird circulation auditing field for a while, then a cell tower real estate company, and now an insurance company, and its been pretty standard for the company to not flat out close for a week+ and give you free time off.

Reaction Score
It depends. If you're in places like hospitals, then obviously they don't close. Anything service. But I can tell you that many places on Wall Street, outside of trading, are ghost towns. Vanguard in Philly is a ghost town. Hartford and insurance I imagine is similar. All schools.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wow, that is shocking to me. I haven't been like a hospital employee for a decade or anything. Worked in weird circulation auditing field for a while, then a cell tower real estate company, and now an insurance company, and its been pretty standard for the company to not flat out close for a week+ and give you free time off.

I can't speak for anyone else, but there's a difference between "free" time off and using vacation. For me it's a combination of holiday hours given (10 days off per year paid), saved time off from holiday hours I didn't burn (work longer work days during Labor Day, 4th of July, etc) and a few hours vacation time.

Reaction Score
12/23 actually is a holiday for me in Japan (Emperor's Birthday) but with the time difference the game is at 4:30AM on the 24th... It'll be an early morning...

Reaction Score
does ANYONE get Dec 28th off? I can *almost* (but not really) see the case for a Dec 23rd afternoon start time. But the 28th? No way - getting increasingly sick of the entire UConn athletic department.
They take whatever times tv gives them.

Reaction Score
Can't complain, at least we are playing on one of ESPN's primary channels.

Reaction Score
Might have something to do with Hartford being broke and doesn't want to pay 50 million cop & firefighter OT hours to do nothing

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I understand how these start times annoy some people - but every decent bar in the city was jammed by 1:00 and it was actually a good and lively crowd.

The January Sunday tips up against the NFL playoffs are a lot worse than the holiday afternoon start times.

Reaction Score
well the students and the athletes have off, i think thats what matters beyond the $$$

Reaction Score
For those who weren't there, the game was pretty well attended. Didn't hear the official count, but one of the better attended over the last couple of years.
It'll be interesting to see how things go with the Wednesday 3pm thing.

Reaction Score
In terms of tickets sold, it was probably around 13,000 yesterday, though attendance might be closer to 11,500. A lot of people had yesterday off; however that won't be the case next Thursday. While the start time wasn't grest yesterday, it was semi-justified. Next Wednesday? No justification there.

Reaction Score
In terms of tickets sold, it was probably around 13,000 yesterday, though attendance might be closer to 11,500. A lot of people had yesterday off; however that won't be the case next Thursday. While the start time wasn't grest yesterday, it was semi-justified. Next Wednesday? No justification there.
I don't know what next Thursday will be like. We might be surprised. There will be a lot of kids there since the schools are out. I personally think UCONN misses out attendance wise by not having more daytime games on Saturday and Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom