3pm......are you kidding me???? | The Boneyard

3pm......are you kidding me????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dear UConn,

You realize that your fans have to, you know, WORK in order to afford money to buy tickets????

Truly, WTF.

UConn Men's Basketball vs. Houston

Event Times

Reaction Score
How about the 2:30 game this Friday? However, having learned I'm getting off early, it is fine with me (this time).

I took this Friday off. I got over that, it's fine - I can get some holiday stuff done in the morning then head out to the game. But now they're going to dutch door us with this Wednesday start time? Do they want people to show up to these games?

Reaction Score
Doesn't everybody get 12/23 off, since 12/24 IS Xmas eve and it IS a Saturday, so you get the previous day off??? ;)

Reaction Score
1/2 day but I'm off...

does ANYONE get Dec 28th off? I can *almost* (but not really) see the case for a Dec 23rd afternoon start time. But the 28th? No way - getting increasingly sick of the entire UConn athletic department.

Reaction Score
does ANYONE get Dec 28th off? I can *almost* (but not really) see the case for a Dec 23rd afternoon start time. But the 28th? No way - getting increasingly sick of the entire UConn athletic department.
TV sets the game time. Not UCONN. Money talks. Still better than playing at 9pm.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I usually dont complain about stuff like this but its fricking ridiculous. Neither of those days have any "special" reason for afternoon starts. They arent holidays. I will be missing both games.

Reaction Score
I love you UConn athletics. First you give us a (putting it very kindly) mediocre schedule. Then, you fire-sale ticket prices and flood the market. Next, you move two of the better games to the most ridiculous start times I’ve ever seen. I can hardly wait to see what you cook up next.

Reaction Score
How dare they schedule a 2:30 game so these kids can catch a flight and make it home for Christmas eve? These kids barely get 3 days to spend with their families over the holiday so an early game so they can leave Friday night is ok with me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How dare they schedule a 2:30 game so these kids can catch a flight and make it home for Christmas eve? These kids barely get 3 days to spend with their families over the holiday so an early game so they can leave Friday night is ok with me.

If that was it I dont think anyone would bitch too much. You want to explain newt weeks mid week mid afternoon game with a XMAS flight? Feel free to try.

Reaction Score

and the 3pm Wednesday 12/28 start time is good because..................

Reaction Score
TV sets the game time. Not UCONN. Money talks. Still better than playing at 9pm.

we get one of those on Thursday Feb 16th vs Memphis.

Reaction Score

I have 12/23 - 1/8 off. I am good to go.

Reaction Score
Dear UConn,

You realize that your fans have to, you know, WORK in order to afford money to buy tickets????

Truly, WTF.

UConn Men's Basketball vs. Houston

Event Times

I bought tickets for this game when they first went on sale back in October.
Back then, the game time was listed as TBA but I fully expected it to be a 7 or 9pm game...since it is on a Wednesday.

When I saw that they updated the time to 3pm, I about lost my mind lol.
There's no way I can make that as, like you said, we have to WORK.

I called the ticketing department, explained the situation, and thankfully they switched my tickets to another game.

Ridiculous though.
I know they usually do have 1 afternoon home game on a weekday each season, and assumed that this Fridays 2:30pm game vs Auburn was it.
I have never seen a "TBA weekday game time" change to an afternoon game.

Either way, glad the UConn ticketing office was able to help out!

Reaction Score
Doesn't everybody get 12/23 off, since 12/24 IS Xmas eve and it IS a Saturday, so you get the previous day off??? ;)

Are you a child or just self-employed? Christmas isn't a thing where offices close for a week... Usually you get xmas day and one other day off, with the holiday being Sunday, I think Monday being the official holiday is pretty universal

Reaction Score
Are you a child or just self-employed? Christmas isn't a thing where offices close for a week... Usually you get xmas day and one other day off, with the holiday being Sunday, I think Monday being the official holiday is pretty universal
Not a child or self-employed and have off from 12/23-1/2. Every company is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom