2nd ever UCONN (Reverse) Sheep Trivia | The Boneyard

2nd ever UCONN (Reverse) Sheep Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A short game where you try to out-think other forum posters.

Rules:
  • There are two types of questions: Sheep questions (1-16) and Reverse Sheep questions (17-26).
  • For Sheep questions (1-16), you want to answer what you think will be given most often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a Duke player" a good answer might be Christian Laettner and a bad answer would likely be Nick Horvath.
  • For Reverse Sheep questions (14-25), you want to give the answer that you think will be given leastoften by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a basketball conference in the NCAA", a terrible answer would probably be the ACC. A good answer would probably be the Horizon League.
  • In Sheep questions, you get one negative point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. For example, if you and six other people said Laettner, all seven of you would get -7 points. No points are given if you are the only person to say an answer.
  • In Reverse Sheep questions, you get one positive point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. If you and ten other people said the ACC, you would get 11 points.
  • The lowest total score wins. In the above two examples, your current score would be 11 – 7 = 5.
  • I am CONTENT if you want to use GOOGLE, WIKIPEDIA, ETC,. to answer these questions.
  • Click on the URL below the questions and fill out the Google Form with your answers.
  • Don't post your answers in this thread as well, PLEASE!!!
  • Incorrect answers in Reverse Sheep get the number of points for the answer with the most votes + 1, making it worse than giving the worst correct answer.
  • Answers are due by Thursday, May 26th at midnight.
If you guys want an example of how these games usually go, head on over here to a website I used to frequent for an example thread of one of these games. Also, largely where I ripped this game off from.

I'm going to make this first attempt at this game as UConn-centric as possible. Also these are questions concerning the Men's teams and players unless otherwise noted.

Lets try to get in more people this time.

Here are the questions.

SHEEP QUESTIONS (1-16)
1. Name a UCONN player who played in the NBA that wasn't drafted other than KO.

2. Name a city in CT that ends in "bury".

3. Name one of the 5 players drafted in the 2006 NBA Draft.

4. Name a Husky of Honor.

5. Name a UCONN player who has an NBA Championship.

6. Name a school who wears NIKE uniforms.

7. Name a team in the ACC that spent time in the Old Big East.

8. Name a Husky who was a Conference Player of the Year.

9. Name a player who transferred to UCONN during KO's tenure.

10. Name a Hall of Fame Coach that KO has at least a .500 record against.

11. Name a "Blue Blood" that has 1 or fewer championships since we won our 1st.

12. Name a sports movie that Will Ferrell stars in.

13. Name basketball sports movie that doesn't star a UCONN Husky.

14. Name a school since 2000 that has more players drafted than UCONN.

15. Name a double digit seed who won at least 1 game this past NCAA Tournament.

DOUBLE POINT SHEEP QUESTION
16. Name a sports movie in which Vince Vaughn is an actor, but is not the star.

REVERSE SHEEP QUESTIONS (17-26)

17. Name a UCONN player who was drafted in the lottery since 2000?

18. Name one of the teams we beat in the Final Four or Championship in our title years.

19. Name one of the campuses of UCONN other than Storrs.

20. Name a player who was Big East Player of the Year.

21. Name a city in CT that has "New" in its name.

22. Name a member of the New Big East.

23. Name a NCAA Championship team since 2000 that has not won multiple championships.

24. Name a Philadelphia Big 5 School.

25. Name a Husky who was a Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

26. Name a current NBA player who didn't attend college.

Here is the link to submit the answers.
Make sure you type what the answer is in the space provided.
Also the first question is to type your Boneyard Handle.

UCONN (Reverse) Sheep Questions

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Question No. 3 is incorrect -- I think you mean 2006.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Also, there are a number of questions that specifically say "UConn Player" and others that just say "Player". I took those to mean it didn't have to be a UConn player? Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
Also, there are a number of questions that specifically say "UConn Player" and others that just say "Player". I took those to mean it didn't have to be a UConn player? Am I wrong?

Right. Tommy boy.
Also can you pm me your change to question 3..

Reaction Score
Those of you that replied. How did you feel about the questions this time around?

Reaction Score
Those of you that replied. How did you feel about the questions this time around?

Loved it Minicoop - great job thank you. Only googled 2 of them trying like heck not to just to test myself but a couple I couldn't even be sure of my answers. It's fun no matter how you choose to do it - great questions.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thank you much. I gave at least one answer to a question I didn't read all the way through. It's still a great answer.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Thank you much. I gave at least one answer to a question I didn't read all the way through. It's still a great answer.

I did the same thing with one question. Didn't realize till after I answered the question totally wrong.

Reaction Score
I still tried to not Google anything just to test myself, so there's a decent chance I have some pretty bad answers

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Since we can see the answers afterwards, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. We should be docked APR points for your lack of reading ability.

13. Since when is "Caddyshack" a basketball sports movie?
15. UConn was not even a double digit seed in the NCAA tournament.
19. Stanford is not a town that exists in CT.
23. In what world has UCLA and Arizona won an NCAA championship since 2000?

Reaction Score
Since we can see the answers afterwards, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. We should be docked APR points for your lack of reading ability.

I was a victim of memory. No Google for me

Reaction Score
I was a victim of memory. No Google for me

I had 2 googles both off the basketball focus - not a Will Ferrell fan although I knew the racing film I wanted but didn't know the name and besides Dodgeball had no idea what other sports movie Vince Vaugh was in. Other than that I was with you.

Reaction Score
I had 2 googles both off the basketball focus - not a Will Ferrell fan although I knew the racing film I wanted but didn't know the name and besides Dodgeball had no idea what other sports movie Vince Vaugh was in. Other than that I was with you.
Yep I googled the exact same two things, its great to be old!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Weird. There's nothing to be had by "winning" this other than bragging rights and there's no way to prevent bad actors from using search engines if the rules say they are banned.

With that in mind, obtuse questions almost lose their effectiveness, because if no one playing the game knows the answer, Google certainly will get if for everyone.

It's tricky selecting questions but after seeing two rounds of this it almost seems like questions with multiple known answers are better than "tough" questions.

This game is less about knowledge of subject matter and more about trying to predict group think.

Reaction Score

I'm guilty of one of those. I decided to hurry through the quiz just going on my first instincts and not putting much thought into it. Flipping through the rolodex in my brain, I mis-remembered Arizona as winning in 2008, instead of 1998. Years blend together a little as you get older.

Also should have gotten the Vince Vaughn question. Saw Field of Dreams recently on cable and thought he was in it as one of the baseball player ghosts who come back to play with Ray Liotta, but now that I Googled, I probably needed to give it a little more time and I would have gotten it. I remember that role of his.

Reaction Score
Weird. There's nothing to be had by "winning" this other than bragging rights and there's no way to prevent bad actors from using search engines if the rules say they are banned.

With that in mind, obtuse questions almost lose their effectiveness, because if no one playing the game knows the answer, Google certainly will get if for everyone.

It's tricky selecting questions but after seeing two rounds of this it almost seems like questions with multiple known answers are better than "tough" questions.

This game is less about knowledge of subject matter and more about trying to predict group think.
Unlike the first time minicoop said its ok to google.

Reaction Score
Bump for those that maybe missed it. Good luck tomorrow @Minicoop69, this shizzle can be time consuming, at least for me it was.

Edit: I see submissions are due by tomorrow, so good luck whenever then.

Reaction Score
As a quick reminder, deadline is tonight at midnight. I will start gathering information in the morning and then start listing answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom