MHver3 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

MHver3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What about FOX? They have the PAC 12 and the Big 12. Some Big East might round them out nicely.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This has clearly morphed into the new ACC thread. Can we rename it "pointless ramblings"?

Reaction Score
Who the hell flips through channels to see what college football games are on? That's why you have a guide.

How hard is it to go guide/search/sports/football? All the games come up, and you choose which ones you want to see.

Hell, most of the time the most interesting game (to me) isn't even on ESPN...

The biggest things (IMO) are 1) to make sure we're cross promoted on NBC and the Regional Comcast Sports Networks, and 2) to make sure NBC Sports has an online presence similar to ESPN3/Watch ESPN/whatever they're calling it this week. That's the future - not where you are on the cable system.

And winning will help.

Reaction Score
Who the hell flips through channels to see what college football games are on? .

I do, and I'm sure most others do as well.

Flipping you get to see the current score/situation. And if they've switched to another game.
I want to watch whatever game is most interesting at that time. I doubt I'm alone in that preference.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I do, and I'm sure most others do as well.

Flipping you get to see the current score/situation. And if they've switched to another game.
I want to watch whatever game is most interesting at that time. I doubt I'm alone in that preference.

You're not alone. I do it too...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
hes tweeting stuff again.

8.5 mil tier 1 from espn almost done and the nbe gets a in to the bcs bowls
nbe with nbc can't get a in to the bcs bowls(big deal)
not all tiers. so in uconns case, we would still be making a lot tier 3 wise. we would be making close to acc $$ overall but our tier 1 would be weak compared to acc teams.

Reaction Score
hes tweeting stuff again.

8.5 mil tier 1 from espn almost done and the nbe gets a in to the bcs bowls
nbe with nbc can't get a in to the bcs bowls(big deal)
not all tiers. so in uconns case, we would still be making a lot tier 3 wise. we would be making close to acc $$ overall but our tier 1 would be weak compared to acc teams.

Where did you see the #'s?

4m MHver3@MHver3
NBC will pay more yet cannot give them a BCS slot. The deal wouldn't include all tiers.

6m MHver3@MHver3
All sports members would receive about half what the ACC makes. I may take back all the good things I said about Aresco...

7m MHver3@MHver3
Hold your horses on B12 expansion! Or maybe...espn close to a deal with the Big East that will pay them laughably yet give them BCS access

5h MHver3@MHver3
With the promised revenue increase from espn it's also what makes their offer seem even sweeter. But do we take USF or hold out for FSU?

5h MHver3@MHver3
Adding NYC/NJ, KY/OH, FL markets increases B12 market penetration by over 100%. It's why expansion is so imperative.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i didn't, just took a guess based off half of the acc #

the question is who is #14 then, u know espn would have that team in mind if we had a deal with them.

Reaction Score
Where did you see the #'s?

4m MHver3@MHver3
NBC will pay more yet cannot give them a BCS slot. The deal wouldn't include all tiers.

6m MHver3@MHver3
All sports members would receive about half what the ACC makes. I may take back all the good things I said about Aresco...

7m MHver3@MHver3
Hold your horses on B12 expansion! Or maybe...espn close to a deal with the Big East that will pay them laughably yet give them BCS access

5h MHver3@MHver3
With the promised revenue increase from espn it's also what makes their offer seem even sweeter. But do we take USF or hold out for FSU?

5h MHver3@MHver3
Adding NYC/NJ, KY/OH, FL markets increases B12 market penetration by over 100%. It's why expansion is so imperative.
most of those tweets have since been deleted. BCS access? There is no more BCS!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
most of those tweets have since been deleted. BCS access? There is no more BCS!

i still see them

and by bcs access i think hes talking about getting the nbe a deal in one of the bowl games for its 1st place team vs just getting in being the best of the rest. thats a big deal if so.

Reaction Score
i still see them

and by bcs access i think hes talking about getting the nbe a deal in one of the bowl games for its 1st place team vs just getting in being the best of the rest. thats a big deal if so.
the top three in the quoted text aren't showing up on my screen. even when i click on the link in the quoted text it says cannot find page.

Reaction Score
ESPN kidnapped him... (or Mom yelled down that milk and cookies were on the table).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
If BE turns down this deal the B12 will most likely reclaim their namesake.

Expand Collapse

1m MHver3@MHver3
@Ruknighttime espn will not require a GOR

View conversation Hide conversation

2mMHver3@MHver3
@Ruknighttime 8 for all sports. 4 for bball or FB only

6mMHver3@MHver3
Still no definitive word on when we will renew the BYB. Negotiations ongoing. ACC at 8 conference games helps a lot. 2014 or 2015.

Expand Collapse

9mMHver3@MHver3
Wouldn't have been a bad deal really.

Expand Collapse

9mMHver3@MHver3
NBC reportedly was willing to pay close to 18 million per team had the BE retained Pitt, Cuse, WVU, TCU and added 2 more to get to 12 in FB.

Expand Collapse

31mMHver3@MHver3
@ChristopherGr28 indeed

1hMHver3@MHver3
...to retain rights for every game they broadcast for the duration of the contract, exclusive negotiating rights for conference network.

Expand Collapse

1hMHver3@MHver3
From the BigEast Espn wants: all men's bball rights(tournament too), 1st pick of 15 FB games and conf championship, and...

Expand Collapse

16hMHver3@MHver3
@ctkevb because espn controls the bowls. The seventh bowl you've all heard about is the "appease the BigEast bowl"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
If BE turns down this deal the B12 will most likely reclaim their namesake.

Does this mean the B-12 returns to twelve schools (taking one or two BE schools) or is the 'namesake' something different entirely?

6mMHver3@MHver3
Still no definitive word on when we will renew the BYB. Negotiations ongoing. ACC at 8 conference games helps a lot. 2014 or 2015.

What exactly is BYB?

Reaction Score
So, just to point out the obvious. But a random Internet dude (who I know has been questioned repeatedly in the past) now has access to inner negotiations between the Big East and ESPN? And ESPN, which has no seat at the table with the "power 5" conferences, can assure the Big East a Major Bowl? Or that the alleged $8.5 million for only Tier 1 rights seems incredibly high in light of these figures:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/705/

Does not pass the smell test.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If BYB is Backyard Brawl (keep in mind that he used the term we), all credibility goes out the window (unless you believe that WVU has had inside information all along).

Reaction Score
Oh and you guys are following the one who believed Nick Saban was to be the next ball coach of WVU in Dec 2010.

Reaction Score
i still see them

Agree that's what it means and also agree that it wold in fact be a big deal.

Reaction Score
My conclusion from all this twitter chatter is that ESPN is holding the guillotene over the BE by hinting that the BE has to accept the ESPN deal or the B-12 will take action and grab Louisville and Rutgers/Cincy/USF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom