21st November Logistical issue - uh oh... | The Boneyard

21st November Logistical issue - uh oh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Football vs Houston TBA
Mens BBall vs Furman TBA @ Gampel

This has the potential to either be AWESOME or REALLY SUCK, depending on timings. Thought it needs its own thread, for those who are going to the football game...

Obviously, this will settle itself in a few weeks, but let's map this out.

1) Rutgers@Army is already on CBSSN at noon. This is interesting, as it takes a likely time slot off of board.
2) SNY has already picked up the basketball game. In theory, this could change, but it seems to point to a noon tip (my opinion)
3) Any scenario that pushes football to a night game is baaaaaad that late in the year.

I honestly think best solution is a noon tip / 3:30 kick, though those holding both season tickets may disagree. Obviously, it's out of our hands, but what do you guys think?

Reaction Score
I am hoping for a Noon kickoff and a 7 or 7:30 tip off. Of course that is not what will happen.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm admittedly biased, but since we have TV at the tailgate, I want to put it to its best use. :)

Also - a noon kick/7 tip will be brutal for anyone trying to go to both, especially if they live west.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Football will possibly be playing for their bowl game lives. Basketball will be up by 30 at halftime. I think the basketball mojo gods will forgive everyone if they skip this 1 game to go to the football game.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Well, this took an ugly turn. I'm a football-only ticketholder, but a huge basketball fan too.

I'm just harkening back to the day we played Maryland in Brooklyn and had a competing home game. This isn't competively similar at all, but just noting the logistical issue.

The fact UConn still has this as a TBA for the mens game should be enough to discuss it. Geez...

Reaction Score
I'm also glad everyone's RIF skills are checking in...

What the heck are "RIF" skills?

We can discuss any topic on this board. But what's to discuss here without knowing what times the games are on? My comment wasn't pointed at your OP either. It was a simple observation.

If the games are going simultaneously, or during tailgaiting hours, I'll check the score sporadically from the lot. Otherwise, it's a game against Furman. Not sure this is a big logistical problem for the folks going to the football game.

Good Lord this place is getting sensitive.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
What the heck are "RIF" skills?

We can discuss any topic on this board. But what's to discuss here without knowing what times the games are on? My comment wasn't pointed at your OP either. It was a simple observation.

If the games are going simultaneously, or during tailgaiting hours, I'll check the score sporadically from the lot. Otherwise, it's a game against Furman. Not sure this is a big logistical problem for the folks going to the football game.

Good Lord this place is getting sensitive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_Is_Fundamental

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for a night game in the low 40's w/ gusty winds.
This. Noon tip off v Furman, and a 7pm kickoff v Houston. Hopefully everyone gets to the games and home safely with the cold winds and sleet/wintry mix conditions in store for the Coogs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not a big deal. Nobody goes to Gampel for cupcakes.

Reaction Score
I hope it is a mix of icy cold rain and sleet with wind chill of about 15 when Houston comes to town.

Reaction Score
This was actually an issue a couple years ago when hoops played Maryland in NYC at 5 and football played Louisville at 7 or 8 in East Hartford. The weather was atrocious so it's hard to tell what effect if any there was.

This should only really be an issue with student attendance. Because like others have said.Furman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom