2021 QB Recruit - Daron Bryden of Enfield CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 QB Recruit - Daron Bryden of Enfield CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Saw a picture the other day on Twitter. He has gotten a good amount taller. Hopefully this isn't a Marinovich situation where Darin burns out - playing at least at the FCS level seems realistic.

Reaction Score
Saw a picture the other day on Twitter. He has gotten a good amount taller. Hopefully this isn't a Marinovich situation where Darin burns out - playing at least at the FCS level seems realistic.
Orlovsky was raised by his father for the big moment. Except the scene was not as developed as it is now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Orlovsky was raised by his father for the big moment. Except the scene was not as developed as it is now.

Sort of a pineapple to avacado comparison.

C

chiller99.5

This is really silly and I will tell you exactly why. Ive coached football for 20 years from Pop Warner to NC state championship programs . I ve see kids many times go from peewee running back size to oline size between middle school and high school.It actually became funny in a way because we taught all the kids the basics rather than just a win at all costs type program and the little running backs from pee wee became the lineman in high school. To keep the scores down we would let the lineman run the ball and they still remembered perfect handoff procedure and ball protection..Sorry this got a little self indulgent..

Reaction Score
Great. In 6 years, we're going to hear Pal complain that he isn't getting a chance to start.
I would have wanted a fire hydrant to start ahead of Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Pretty small for a QB....think this kid is destined for FCS or a position change. I think the parents should also let him be a kid for a bit...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
A commitment to a local High School.

Does he not live in Bloomfield currently and his family will move to the Bloomfield school district, if anyone knows??

I am proud to announce my daughter will be attending Pomperaug High School today!

Reaction Score
What the ?

Who "commits" to a public high school? Either he lives in Bloomfield and is going to Bloomfield HS, or they're recruiting him, and using someone else's address as a place of residence.

Everyone knew Bloomfield cheated when Cochran was there, but making it this obvious is stupid.

If they live in Bloomfield now, they rent, because nobody with the last name Bryden owns property in Bloomfield.

Reaction Score
What the ?

Who "commits" to a public high school? Either he lives in Bloomfield and is going to Bloomfield HS, or they're recruiting him, and using someone else's address as a place of residence.

Everyone knew Bloomfield cheated when Cochran was there, but making it this obvious is stupid.

If they live in Bloomfield now, they rent, because nobody with the last name Bryden owns property in Bloomfield.

This is ridiculous in the sense that he thinks people care so much that he has to announce where he is going to high school. He is in a world clearly where people have told him that he is so important and so good that he should announce his decisions on social media because everyone is clearly on the edge of their seat waiting to know. I'm rather surprised he didn't have a pick a hat signing day for this. But to your points there are some answers here for why he is choosing. 1) His dad is known to be over the top and may be choosing to move the family to Bloomfield over the summer. 2) He may live on the town line and be one of the kids who gets to choose. or 3) You can send your kid to any public school you choose if you pay the taxpayers fee. (I believe its generally around 10-15 grand a year). or 4) He actually lives in Bloomfield is totally lost in his own ego and is really announcing that he is attending the HS in the town that he lives in, which in this case lord help the kid when he eventually gets a fresh dose of reality. I do doubt though that this is some kind of scandal waiting to happen with a kid that is at a fake address. I think they might have warned him by now not to bring any attention to it.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous in the sense that he thinks people care so much that he has to announce where he is going to high school. He is in a world clearly where people have told him that he is so important and so good that he should announce his decisions on social media because everyone is clearly on the edge of their seat waiting to know. I'm rather surprised he didn't have a pick a hat signing day for this. But to your points there are some answers here for why he is choosing. 1) His dad is known to be over the top and may be choosing to move the family to Bloomfield over the summer. 2) He may live on the town line and be one of the kids who gets to choose. or 3) You can send your kid to any public school you choose if you pay the taxpayers fee. (I believe its generally around 10-15 grand a year). or 4) He actually lives in Bloomfield is totally lost in his own ego and is really announcing that he is attending the HS in the town that he lives in, which in this case lord help the kid when he eventually gets a fresh dose of reality. I do doubt though that this is some kind of scandal waiting to happen with a kid that is at a fake address. I think they might have warned him by now not to bring any attention to it.
#'s 2 and 4 don't apply, I know where they live, but won't share it here. It is public information if you know where to look. #1 is unlikely and maybe unnecessary. #3 I think is an urban myth, i was unable to find any evidence of that law/regulation but if you have it, please share.

they must have used the Open Choice program:

SDE: Open Choice Program Questions and Answers

I actually don't think his dad is that over the top. He loves the sport and wasn't allowed to play. that's terrible for anyone. Unless someone here knows him/them personally, we don't know the extent to which this kid is doing what he loves vs. being pushed by his dad.

Announcing a commitment to a public HS? I agree. absolutely ridiculous.

Reaction Score
#'s 2 and 4 don't apply, I know where they live, but won't share it here. It is public information if you know where to look. #1 is unlikely and maybe unnecessary. #3 I think is an urban myth, i was unable to find any evidence of that law/regulation but if you have it, please share.

they must have used the Open Choice program:

SDE: Open Choice Program Questions and Answers

I actually don't think his dad is that over the top. He loves the sport and wasn't allowed to play. that's terrible for anyone. Unless someone here knows him/them personally, we don't know the extent to which this kid is doing what he loves vs. being pushed by his dad.

Announcing a commitment to a public HS? I agree. absolutely ridiculous.
I do know that there was a kid awho grew up around the block from me in Port Chester that went to Greenwich HS and played football there for 4 years. When Albonizio was coach at GHS it wasn't uncommon for Port Chester kids to go to Greenwich HS and pay tuition....and oh yeah play football too.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
that kid from Southington that hes friends with and his dad coaches looks like a lot better of a player. not to mention this kid is gonna be running for his life all season, Bloomfield is notorious for having tremendous skill position players but extremely weak line play. i'll be keeping an eye on the hawks this season to see how this pans out.

also as a side note, I don't remember who said no one with that name lives in bloomfield, be more close minded for me will ya? as with most cities/ towns that border major cities there are nice sections and not so nice sections with a mixed population, income, education, ethnicity etc. so next time you have a thought and wanna post it here, let it go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
also as a side note, I don't remember who said no one with that name lives in bloomfield, be more close minded for me will ya? as with most cities/ towns that border major cities there are nice sections and not so nice sections with a mixed population, income, education, ethnicity etc. so next time you have a thought and wanna post it here, let it go.

Could your reading comprehension be any worse?

Next time you want to take someone to task for being close minded, make sure you actually understand what it is they wrote first.

post/avatar

Reaction Score
I do know that there was a kid awho grew up around the block from me in Port Chester that went to Greenwich HS and played football there for 4 years. When Albonizio was coach at GHS it wasn't uncommon for Port Chester kids to go to Greenwich HS and pay tuition....and oh yeah play football too.

Residency Verification - Greenwich Public Schools

• 1. If I live in another town /city, can my child(ren) attend Greenwich Schools?
Answer: Only children who reside in Greenwich can attend Greenwich Schools

• 2. Does Greenwich accept Tuition Students?
Answer: Yes, but only for full time employees of the Town of Greenwich, if there is available room at the requested school.

Reaction Score
Residency Verification - Greenwich Public Schools

• 1. If I live in another town /city, can my child(ren) attend Greenwich Schools?
Answer: Only children who reside in Greenwich can attend Greenwich Schools

• 2. Does Greenwich accept Tuition Students?
Answer: Yes, but only for full time employees of the Town of Greenwich, if there is available room at the requested school.

School districts police residency requirements much more carefully today than they used to. It's possible FDNY's neighbors simply lied about where they were living. That used to be a not infrequent occurrence.

Reaction Score
School districts police residency requirements much more carefully today than they used to. It's possible FDNY's neighbors simply lied about where they were living. That used to be a not infrequent occurrence.
I agree 100%.

I'm not saying there weren't kids from Port Chester on those teams, I don't doubt him at all. It's the "tuition" part that I doubt. Maybe those kids had/have parents that worked for the town, but it's not something that just anyone can do if they want to.

Or, like you said, maybe they just lied about their residency; which is much more likely IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree 100%.

I'm not saying there weren't kids from Port Chester on those teams, I don't doubt him at all. It's the "tuition" part that I doubt. Maybe those kids had/have parents that worked for the town, but it's not something that just anyone can do if they want to.

Or, like you said, maybe they just lied about their residency; which is much more likely IMO.
I doubt he lied about his residency...he drove a car to school that had NY plates...how he was able to go there I have no idea...I do know that Coach Al lives near Port Chester HS (he was the HC at Port Chester before going to Greenwich...and came in 2nd for the PC job after he left Greenwich, only because his plan was to coach a few years and hand it over to the guy who actually ended up with the job) and used to frequent PC youth football. How he got kids to go to Greenwich HS I have no clue....I have been told that there was always a tuition trail.

Reaction Score
I doubt he lied about his residency...he drove a car to school that had NY plates...how he was able to go there I have no idea...I do know that Coach Al lives near Port Chester HS (he was the HC at Port Chester before going to Greenwich...and came in 2nd for the PC job after he left Greenwich, only because his plan was to coach a few years and hand it over to the guy who actually ended up with the job) and used to frequent PC youth football. How he got kids to go to Greenwich HS I have no clue....I have been told that there was always a tuition trail.
Greenwich hasn't been that good since the Port Chester kids stopped going there. This 100% happened under Albonizio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom