2019 recruit Sam Brunelle... | The Boneyard

2019 recruit Sam Brunelle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
I wish she could get to Storrs 24 hrs earlier to attend First Night......But if Saturday is the day. Then I'll take Saturday and won't complain.

Have a great visit Sam.

GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
the tweet in question

Now that's some excellent news.....she's shown very little interest in any schools via twitter so this is an unexpected surprise.................she has been communicating with somebody who played a bit of basketball a few years ago

1. Samantha Brunelle ‏@babybruney33 1h1 hour agoVirginia, USA
    @RebeccaLobo yes ma'am it's one of my goals and thank you, that would be amazing
    1f3c0.png

2. Samantha Brunelle Retweeted
    Rebecca Lobo ‏@RebeccaLobo 1h1 hour ago
    @babybruney33 I just read that you're coming for my job.
    1f605.png
    Keep working hard -- I look forward to calling one of your games in the future.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Now that's some excellent news.....she's shown very little interest in any schools via twitter so this is an unexpected surprise.......she has been communicating with somebody who played a bit of basketball a few years ago

1. Samantha Brunelle ‏@babybruney33 1h1 hour agoVirginia, USA
    @RebeccaLobo yes ma'am it's one of my goals and thank you, that would be amazing
    1f3c0.png

2. Samantha Brunelle Retweeted
    Rebecca Lobo ‏@RebeccaLobo 1h1 hour ago
    @babybruney33 I just read that you're coming for my job.
    1f605.png
    Keep working hard -- I look forward to calling one of your games in the future.

oh brother...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's a hot link of the one Kaizen posted complete with video report:

Monroe's Samantha Brunelle Ranked as Top Recruit for 2019

She's even been visited by 11-time national champion and head coach at the University of Connecticut, Geno Auriemma.

"He's a great coach and he's had a great program,” says Brunelle. “I'm really open about my recruiting process, so sure UConn is in the mix as to where I might go, but I'm really open minded about it right now."

Reaction Score
She doesn't have Stewie like talent but she has a chance to be an AA caliber player if she continues to improve.........I assume she is a top priority in the 2019 class for UConn

Reaction Score
A phrase that can be said about pretty much everyone. Brunelle might end up a scoring machine while very solid in the other departments.

Unfortunately, every 6'2"+ forward that will be recruited by UConn from now until eternity will be compared to BS................there's certainly no shame in just being a really excellent player..............................

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well we had Stewie, and they didn't. No matter what, I'll be ecstatic about that fact in and of itself. Four NCs, two of the five longest winning streaks of all time, etc...I'll never anticipate replicating that. But yet another national #1 recruit? I'll take it if we can!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome, Sam! You'll learn that you will be adopted by an entire state if you choose to wear a Husky uniform. Play with the best, be coached by the best, play in televised games, win championships, and prepare for your future in the WNBA, Olympics, and beyond.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very excited that she's coming. Would love to land her. She's already very good and has big time upside. I echo what Ken said - play with the best, for the best, and in front of the best. Have a great weekend!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Apparently, Class of 2019 Anaya Peoples is also visiting your fair campus this weekend. Peoples is a highly rated, 5'10" PG from Illinois. Flying Artichoke has reported that she knows 2018 ND commit Katlyn Gilbert (possibly plays summer ball with her?). I've liked what I've read and seen...pushes the ball. (Unfortunately, the Irish need a PG from the class of 2018).

anaya-peoples

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Apparently, Class of 2019 Anaya Peoples is also visiting your fair campus this weekend. Peoples is a highly rated, 5'10" PG from Illinois. Flying Artichoke has reported that she knows 2018 ND commit Katlyn Gilbert (possibly plays summer ball with her?). I've liked what I've read and seen...pushes the ball. (Unfortunately, the Irish need a PG from the class of 2018).

anaya-peoples

They play for the same AAU team, Best Choice United from Indianapolis. The same AAU team we got Tyasha Harris from.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Very excited that she's coming. Would love to land her. She's already very good and has big time upside. I echo what Ken said - play with the best, for the best, and in front of the best. Have a great weekend!!
Lincolnesque!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good news, though not a surprise. Sam lives on a farm. She would feel at home in Storrs.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Offering prior to starting her sophomore season is the earliest UConn offer I can recall.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Offering prior to starting her sophomore season is the earliest UConn offer I can recall.

...........and they're still late in their offer behind a lot of other programs that have already offered. Call me greedy, but I'd love to see Collier and Brunelle in a UConn uniform in the near future.

No doubt UConn will have to lobby against the usual cast of characters for her services between now and the time she's ready to verbal. No doubt she'll remain the number 1 rated player in the 2019 class. Being #1 draws a lot of attention and interest. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom