2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
We were planing on seeing Ossining to see AEH this season, now there's a second reason to make the trip

Reaction Score

Just looked at the Ossining schedule............they travel out of state quite a bit..........I know that it is quite away off but I see that they are scheduled to play Albertus Magnus of Bardonia NY, a little team that I had never heard of until after they kicked my daughter's team's butts all over the court............the best coached high school team male or female that I have ever seen.............felt lucky to have lost by 15 points.....turns out they were NY class A champs and or runner ups several years running...................

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Trivia time: If UConn needs any more of an 'in' with Griffin (doubtful), her father and Kevin Ollie crossed paths a while back, even before either of them made it to the NBA. Aside from playing against each other in the Big East in the early 90s, both played on the same CBA team (Ct. Pride) in '96-'97.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I suspect if Geno and the assistants do not know about her yet, they will.
Full disclosure here, I am a friend of the family, and know Cassidy's dad. He is a coach himself, and she is the epitome of a coach's kid. Incredible work ethic, complete and total gym rat, humble and extremely coachable. She is still incredibly young. She lives in a small county in Kentucky that is very heavily blue (as in KY blue) but she has been a Louisville fan growing up. She has attended camps, been a ball girl, etc.
She is just now in 7th grade and this year will be playing on her local high school team. She is with KY Premiere AAU program. She has film on Youtube if anyone wants to see her. She can shoot, is a great passer.
I understand this past summer she was working on reworking her shot.

I fully expect she will be a name near the top of the rankings, once her class is old enough to get ranked. Due to playing up, she is already getting noticed by coaches. That is likely to grow even more this year as she will start with high school ball.
She was invited this summer to elite camps and showcases and was named one of the top middle schoolers in the country out of one of them.

FWIW, unofficial visits being what they are, the family sought this out...not Walz.

Louisville starting early..... Class of 2022..

Cassidy Jo Rowe‏@cassidyballer5 Really enjoyed my unofficial visit Louisville

CuhLhxiWgAAKZnC.jpg

0 replies9 retweets25 likes

Reaction Score
Full disclosure here, I am a friend of the family, and know Cassidy's dad. He is a coach himself, and she is the epitome of a coach's kid. Incredible work ethic, complete and total gym rat, humble and extremely coachable. She is still incredibly young. She lives in a small county in Kentucky that is very heavily blue (as in KY blue) but she has been a Louisville fan growing up. She has attended camps, been a ball girl, etc.
She is just now in 7th grade and this year will be playing on her local high school team. She is with KY Premiere AAU program. She has film on Youtube if anyone wants to see her. She can shoot, is a great passer.
I understand this past summer she was working on reworking her shot.

I fully expect she will be a name near the top of the rankings, once her class is old enough to get ranked. Due to playing up, she is already getting noticed by coaches. That is likely to grow even more this year as she will start with high school ball.
She was invited this summer to elite camps and showcases and was named one of the top middle schoolers in the country out of one of them.

FWIW, unofficial visits being what they are, the family sought this out...not Walz.

Seriously? Big East runner up trophies?

Reaction Score

Sounds like she's going to stay close to home but you never know................if basketball doesn't work out she looks like a perfect fit for the Disney Channel!!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sounds like she's going to stay close to home but you never know......if basketball doesn't work out she looks like a perfect fit for the Disney Channel!!!

Gosh, the last (only?) athlete I remember who successfully double dipped in sports and Disney was Kurt Russell, who had a 10-year contract with Disney and then played some minor league baseball before injuries knocked him out of the game and back into acting.

Let's keep Cassidy on the basketball court...the other Disney alum names coming to mind are Brittany and Miley...:eek:

Reaction Score
Here's an article on Mo'ne Davis:

From baseball to basketball

She's quitting high school basketball to focus on AAU. That seems like a strange decision. It's a totally different season, and even if her high school wasn't very good, she could always transfer somewhere. I don't think that strategy worked out too well for Courtney E, though it could have been that she never got over her initial injury and just couldn't work her self into the lineup. But still...wonder who is advising her to do this?
Mo'ne has had bad advice from the people around her in respect what she needs to do to accomplish her dream about playing for UConn. I don't think either her parents or her rec coach had a clue as to the level of talent that exists in girls basketball today. She should have been immersed onto AAU long before this. I watched some film of her playing for he high school and the were really low level in a really weak league. I think this gave her an unrealistic perspective of her actual level in respect to the top; level players of her class.

I think she is beginning to get some sense of her level in that she states that the girls on her AAU team are really good. She had previously stated that she didn't need to play AAU because she was a starter on her high school team. Now she says that playing for " Triple Threat" she is playing with the best. There are multi levels of competition in AAU as well. I don't know what level her team actually is but it is not in the EYBL league and that that she is not at the level of playing with the best. She is really far behind and is trying play catch up. She just has missed to much developmental time. Most girls that UConn or any major D1 program would be looking at would already be playing for an the EYBL team.

I don't think she was doing herself any good playing for her previous high school team, but as you say she should transfer to a better program. Now this is important because AAU and high school basketball emphasize different things. AAU is mostly about higher level competition and winning, while high school emphasizes more team work and development. Again bad advice. I somewhat suspect that her not wanting to transfer to a stronger high school program is also influenced by her parents and mentors unrealistic evaluation of her level. All the attention she was getting because of baseball sure didn't help either.

I really doubt her basket ball skill level is very high because she did not dominate, or even stand out in game as a good player would have against that kind of weak of competition. Her team didn't even have a national ranking where tens of thousand of schools are ranked by computer. In no sport like in girls basket ball is their such different levels of teams and competition. The level of competition and effort required to get a scholly is over the top in girls basketball. You have to put a lot of effort and focus. Much more than I think Mo'ne or more importantly her advisors expected . Base ball and soccer are nothing compared to the effort, time and work required for basketball. I suspect she is going to work really hard to even get to the level of a mid major program. Forget UConn or any major D1 program. That is unless she grows another 8 inches.

Reaction Score
If there is room I'll take Masonius and Sidor to go with Brunelle.

Masonius yes, Sidor not sure............she's going to be going thru her own UConn like situation as she loses the 3 seniors that helped her to be an offensive threat..............she'll be a marked woman this season so let's see how she handles it.........................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom