2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
New rankings out from Prospects Nation out for 2019 -- Masonius and Sidor both made it...put a separate post in this thread. Just wanted to let you know...

Thanks for the head's up...........glad to see so many NJ/NY players making the grade........we ran into Sidor a couple of weeks ago, I think she is more then 5'6", I'd say closer to 5'8" as she was slightly taller then my 5'7" daughter.........she knows she has her work cut out for her this year.............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
6'2 point guard Jamie Dehar. 6'3 Sam Burnelle, and 6'3 Danielle Cosgrove all are very interested in UConn.
Jamie Dehar is a new name, at least to me. Is there any more you can tell us about her?

Reaction Score
Jamie Dehar is a new name, at least to me. Is there any more you can tell us about her?

Might be a typo on that name .........Hey TonyC.............. that's Brunelle!!!!....... otherwise know in the Twitter world as Baby Bruney33

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Can't find that name anywhere.

With all due respect, folks who plant names with supposed interest should give a bit of info so we can do some research.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score

Here is some info on Jamie. Some NYC fans believe she is already better then some of the kids in NY who are getting all the attention. I believe she plays AAU ball with Mike Flynn and the Belles.

Just received this from a friend/coach in NY. Got to watch 6'2" incoming freshman Jamie Behar out of Oceanside HS in Long Island NY. She will be the next best player to come out of the New York area in years to come. Budding high major D1 collegiate player. Great size and moves very well on the perimeter.

Heres a letter a friend forwarded to me. He is the same person who told me about Breanna Stewart when she was 12 yrs old.
Dear Jamie,

Congratulations on being selected to represent the United States at the 20th World Maccabiah Games in Israel, July 4-17, 2017! The Games will be a wonderful cultural and athletic experience which we look forward to sharing with you. You will be receiving your offiical appointment package by mail shortly. Please begin checking the participant center on a regular basis for updates and important information. The login is available at the top of the 20th Maccabiah application page. Also, forms will be available at CareMonkey and you will receiving more information shortly. It is crucial that you respond promptly to our requests for information. Your immediate response will ensure your spot on Team USA for this incredible experience is not in jeopardy.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here is some info on Jamie. Some NYC fans believe she is already better then some of the kids in NY who are getting all the attention. I believe she plays AAU ball with Mike Flynn and the Belles.

Just received this from a friend/coach in NY. Got to watch 6'2" incoming freshman Jamie Behar out of Oceanside HS in Long Island NY. She will be the next best player to come out of the New York area in years to come. Budding high major D1 collegiate player. Great size and moves very well on the perimeter.

Heres a letter a friend forwarded to me. He is the same person who told me about Breanna Stewart when she was 12 yrs old.
Dear Jamie,

Congratulations on being selected to represent the United States at the 20th World Maccabiah Games in Israel, July 4-17, 2017! The Games will be a wonderful cultural and athletic experience which we look forward to sharing with you. You will be receiving your offiical appointment package by mail shortly. Please begin checking the participant center on a regular basis for updates and important information. The login is available at the top of the 20th Maccabiah application page. Also, forms will be available at CareMonkey and you will receiving more information shortly. It is crucial that you respond promptly to our requests for information. Your immediate response will ensure your spot on Team USA for this incredible experience is not in jeopardy.
I will keep an eye out for her. I have enough clues now. If she's with Belles I'll find her. A 6'2" PG sound very interesting.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Nice to see them leave in the missed shots......

Zia Cooke discuss her recruiting and list her top 5 over dinner with Boxer Robert Easter Jr...
UCONN hasn't offered her a scholarship yet, but I get the feeling she would love to play for Geno..

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Zia Cooke discuss her recruiting and list her top 5 over dinner with Boxer Robert Easter Jr...
UCONN hasn't offered her a scholarship yet, but I get the feeling she would love to play for Geno..

Everybody wants a UCONN offer because even if you decide not to go there it means you're one of the best players in the country usually, regardless of rankings. If you get a UCONN offer then that means you've been vetted by the best coach to play for the best program. They will no doubt be in her top 5 if they ever offered.

Sounds like to me though that she really likes Dawn Staley and South Carolina. I may be biased. ;)

Reaction Score
Louisville starting early.......... Class of 2022............

Cassidy Jo Rowe‏@cassidyballer5 Really enjoyed my unofficial visit Louisville

CuhLhxiWgAAKZnC.jpg

0 replies9 retweets25 likes

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

She ordered all the junk my girls loved at her age!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Has Jeff started recruiting based on pre-natal sonograms yet? :D

My granddaughter is beyond the 100th percentile (I know, it's an oxymoron) in height at 1.5 years. And her parents have degrees from Rice, Stanford, and Columbia, so she could become a Dukie.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn must be in on 2019 Aliyah Boston cause she's in attendance at First Night.

Ranked 10th by HG, 22nd by PN.

Some scouting reports:

July 2016: 16U National Division Final

Aliyah Boston, 6-3, center, IExcel Horton/Austin 15U (Worcester, Massachusetts)

Boston was spectacular at this event. Her ability to finish in traffic around the basket is special. Her play resulted in a regular double double. Her outlet passing and shot blocking are also above average. Finally, her ability to rebound out of area makes her a nationally elite low post player. If range (current scoring is mostly around the rim) can be added, we could be looking at something beyond special.

2016 Battle in the Boro – Sophomore Showcase Division – All-Tournament Team

Aliyah Boston, 6-2, center, 2019, iExcel Horton 15U (Worcester, Massachusetts)

2016 BLUESTAR MEDIA PLAYER REVIEW

Aliyah Boston- 6-2- 2019 – Forward/Center – IExcel – Solid body forward who runs she floor well and has long arms that allow her to grab rebounds outside of her proximity. She has a soft touch in the paint and showed her ability to knock down free throws after finishing with contact. Boston has an impressive back to basket game and will spin middle off the bounce to finish with ease

May 2016: USA Basketball Trials Comments per www.bluestarmedia.org

This young post provided a glimpse of some promising things to come. Physical and aggressive, she plays with a confidence that usually necessitates a much more experience. Her solid build and strength allow her to hold her ground on the block and the ability is there to convert on the catch. She offered up an effective spin move off defenders as well as a lethal drop step on the high – low flash. There’s surprising speed in place and she’s more willing to get out and run the floor and make herself an option in transition. Boston is a force on the offensive glass and uses a quick first step to improve her rebounding position. Defensively she tends to play after the catch but the tools are there to take away options.

April 26, 2016: Basketball Wall Street USA – Deep South 2019 named to the Supreme Team

July 10, 2015: Suwanee Tournament By Bob Corwin: Boston is your prototype young athletic interior player. Her game is in the lower paint and could add more range but plays within herself not forcing bad shots. This is definitely a prospect worth monitoring from the BCS level down.

#9 Aliyah Boston – iExcel Basketball -

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some might recall that Aliyah Boston was one of the last cuts for the U17 team this summer. She was 14 at the time.

2019 Aliyah Boston- Worcester Academy

Boston was one of three 2019’s to make the finalist list, which was a sign that the selection committee was committed to putting the best team together after last year’s bronze medal at the FIBA U16 Americas. She displayed good footwork in the low post and uses her body well to shield off the defender to finish with either hand. She is a physical defender who rebounds well on the defensive end.

U17 USA Basketball Finalists

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston – 2019 – (Worcester, MA) iExcel Horton/Austin 16U:

Boston, a 6-2 native from Virgin Islands, is an athletic forward who runs the floor extremely well with good hands and can finish off the fast break. She’s a good shot-blocker and rebounds well at both ends of the court. Offensively, Boston has a nice drop-step going left and a nice touch in the paint. She will either score or get fouled. She must continue to develop her low-post and face-up game as well as gain more upper and lower body strength. Boston is an active player with a nice frame and huge upside.

Deep South Classic 2016 - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
ESPN has her as the number one post player in the 2019 class but more importantly her nickname is "Peaches"

Reaction Score
Now for a surprise target. Another Ossining kid, Aubrey Griffin, 2019.

She's a 5-11 guard/wing who averaged 25 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 steals as a freshmen.

Her father is Adrian Griffin who played in the NBA for 9 years and more importantly she can easily dunk a tennis ball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom