2018 Olivia Nelson-Ododa??? | The Boneyard

2018 Olivia Nelson-Ododa???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know she performed well in the U17 tournament. Do we know if any UConn coaches have watched her at all? Or does anyone know what schools she is considering?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yes, it's early but Georgia is the team to beat here. She has history with the program and Mitchell is pulling out all of her tricks to keep elite talent home. She's doing it the right way, establishing connections with high schools and AAU programs. Georgia has solid history as a program but all it takes is one blockbuster class for them to have a South Carolina-like rise.. no doubt Mitchell will be selling that to upcoming recruits in the state.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
For those who may have missed it, here's the link to my posts on the recent USJN event where Nelson-Ododa shined.

USJN AAU Event Notes

And for an update, Nelson-Ododa just participated in another AAU event, the Blue Star Nationals.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa- 2018- 6’5- Post- GA Metros 17- Continued her great summer…Long and lean with loads of potential… Elite shot blocker with a huge wingspan… Isn’t scared to put the ball on the floor if she needs too… Developing offensive game but already has some flashes of greatness and displays a good looking stroke… Clearly one of the best players in her class

8th Annual Blue Star Nationals - Bluestar Media

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Yes, it's early but Georgia is the team to beat here. She has history with the program and Mitchell is pulling out all of her tricks to keep elite talent home. She's doing it the right way, establishing connections with high schools and AAU programs. Georgia has solid history as a program but all it takes is one blockbuster class for them to have a South Carolina-like rise.. no doubt Mitchell will be selling that to upcoming recruits in the state.

I have heard Georgia too. In fact I've heard that the Bulldogs are hot on several elite 2017 & 2018 kids. Mitchell is a charismatic young leader and she should do great things for them. Georgia is a hotbed of women's basketball. If she can secure her state it will be good for the sec and the sport.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I can just hear CD now - "Let's Get Physical!":rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Looks like they aren't holding Maya Dodson in state.....she's a keeper

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another evaluation of Nelson-Ododa from Blue Star's Prentice Beverley, with an added Mikayla Coombs eval.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa ’17 C Georgia Metros 16 Gold Elite – Long and lean, runs floor well, soft touch around the basket, active defender with good foot movement, gets excellent post position, mean spin move, good free throw shooter, nice stroke from range, faces up. Major DI

Mikayla Coombs ’17 5’9 G FBC Mo 2017 – The UConn commit, good 3pt shooter, good passer, good one on one and team defender, attacks defense off the dribble with nice stop and pop midrange jumper.

2016 AAU Girls Basketball National Championship and Super Showcase

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Looks like they aren't holding Maya Dodson in state.....she's a keeper

Stanford, Notre Dame and Tennessee..

If Stanford recruited me out of high school it would require no thought on my end.. a free Stanford education, living in Palo Alto, being coached by Tara at one of the best WBB programs..

Did I mention it's Stanford... which is California... Yeah, no brainer. If Dodson gets in, I'm placing money that's where she lands.

Notre Dame is a academically great as well and a great WBB program. Tennessee almost always does well in Georgia.

Reaction Score
Stanford, Notre Dame and Tennessee..

If Stanford recruited me out of high school it would require no thought on my end.. a free Stanford education, living in Palo Alto, being coached by Tara at one of the best WBB programs..

Did I mention it's Stanford... which is California... Yeah, no brainer. If Dodson gets in, I'm placing money that's where she lands.

Notre Dame is a academically great as well and a great WBB program. Tennessee almost always does well in Georgia.

Stanford it is................................unless she's afraid of earthquakes!!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think some women have chosen UConn over Stanford: the best point guard in the world plus this future All-American:

preview.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I worry: she would frustrate Geno and CD because she already keeps her hands up on defense....

Seriously, what little is to be learned from this manicured puff-piece is that, while she's still thin and filling out, she accepts contact underneath and finishes: impressive!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olivia is not hard to spot, but she's #20 in black if you're not sure. There's a watermark that flashes constantly but it's not too distracting.

Reaction Score
I have heard Georgia too. In fact I've heard that the Bulldogs are hot on several elite 2017 & 2018 kids. Mitchell is a charismatic young leader and she should do great things for them. Georgia is a hotbed of women's basketball. If she can secure her state it will be good for the sec and the sport.

Georgia is actually losing a lot of prospects from their 17 list. Kushkituah is the only high profile recruit still considering them and rumblings suggest that interest has cooled due to other high profilers looking elsewhere. KK and Dodson both visit Tennessee on Sept 17th. Georgia will most likely make a bigger splash in 2018.

I will follow Dodson's career wherever she goes... Love her game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom