Cameron Reddish | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cameron Reddish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Do we want a commitment a year early like AO?
Yes, though I doubt we can get one. Reddish is a top 5 player in the class -- a do-everything swingman who's a more athletic version of DHam. Even if he gives us his commitment tomorrow, everyone else will keep recruiting him until the moment he sets foot on campus.

Folks need to prepare themselves emotionally for this to be another Diallo/Diamond Stone-style recruitment.

Reaction Score
Yes, though I doubt we can get one. Reddish is a top 5 player in the class -- a do-everything swingman who's a more athletic version of DHam. Even if he gives us his commitment tomorrow, everyone else will keep recruiting him until the moment he sets foot on campus.

Folks need to prepare themselves emotionally for this to be another Diallo/Diamond Stone-style recruitment.
Ollie has a strong heart. Lol. To jump right back into a recruitment like this after the Diallo Decision. Man God Bless Him lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We are always "really going hard after" and "prioritizing" all these top kids. Gotta seal the deal!

Reaction Score
Duke seems like the kentucky of tgis recruitmemt and I feel better going up against Duke than Kentucky..

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Has Kentucky offered? Should we back off in case they do?
We shouldn't back off even if they do offer. Our roster for 2018-19 is set to be deep & experienced, which means we can go after a 5-star recruit, miss him, and still be just fine as long as the guys we already have develop.

That's how Self recruits for Kansas. Mason, Graham, Mykhailiuk, Lucas, Vick... none were a top tier recruit, but that's the foundation of the team. Because he's had guys like them, he's been able to get one-year, five-star players in and out of the lineup (Embiid & Wiggins would be seniors; Cliff Alexander & Oubre juniors; Chieck Diallo a sophomore; Jackson & Azubuike are freshmen) but still have a huge amount of stability. He's also missed on a ton of five-star guys in the process.

That, to me, seems to be what Ollie is trying to build. Getting guys like Reddish is part of the plan, but missing on guys like Reddish is also part of the plan. Kids are kids.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't back off even if they do offer. Our roster for 2018-19 is set to be deep & experienced, which means we can go after a 5-star recruit, miss him, and still be just fine as long as the guys we already have develop.

That's how Self recruits for Kansas. Mason, Graham, Mykhailiuk, Lucas, Vick... none were a top tier recruit, but that's the foundation of the team. Because he's had guys like them, he's been able to get one-year, five-star players in and out of the lineup (Embiid & Wiggins would be seniors; Cliff Alexander & Oubre juniors; Chieck Diallo a sophomore; Jackson & Azubuike are freshmen) but still have a huge amount of stability. He's also missed on a ton of five-star guys in the process.

That, to me, seems to be what Ollie is trying to build. Getting guys like Reddish is part of the plan, but missing on guys like Reddish is also part of the plan. Kids are kids.
Mykhailiuk was arguably the best young prospect in Europe and would have been top 10 over here. That class was loaded with Alexander, Oubre, Mykhailiuk and Graham. In 2013 their class was Wiggins, Embiid, Selden, Brennen Greene, Mason and Frankamp. These would have been the best classes ever at UConn. Sure Self gets a few lower ranked recruits but he lives off of 5 stars. Kansas is recruiting monsters, would love for Ollie to get to that point but that would be a hell of a jump to make.

Reaction Score
Mykhailiuk was arguably the best young prospect in Europe and would have been top 10 over here. That class was loaded with Alexander, Oubre, Mykhailiuk and Graham. In 2013 their class was Wiggins, Embiid, Selden, Brennen Greene, Mason and Frankamp. These would have been the best classes ever at UConn. Sure Self gets a few lower ranked recruits but he lives off of 5 stars. Kansas is recruiting monsters, would love for Ollie to get to that point but that would be a hell of a jump to make.

Mykhailiuk is way too short to play basketball.

latest

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Despite my recent comment the problem under KO hasn't been not getting top 50 type guys. We get a few of those. It's getting the right role players. I'm sure it's next to impossible to convince a kid to come to your program saying "you will never be a star here but if you come and work your butt off you might help your team make a deep tourney run and old men on the internet will revel in that time you got a loose ball in a key moment."

Reaction Score
Kansas sells itself, i'm surprised we beat them for adams who was recruited heavily by norm roberts, though considered a lock entering his junior year for KO. KO might get a top ten kid soon, but he is a bit of a 'niche' recruiter, some kids/parents will really fall in love with him and itll be signed sealed delivered ( Gilbert, Makai), others wont. He is selling himself as much as he is selling uconn to these kids imo.

Still think if we've learned anything, you can't go up vs kentucky. it just can't happen, finklestein said it in early fall. If they want a kid they will get him, its happened twice with gabriel and diallo now. two players KO should have signed.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Mykhailiuk was arguably the best young prospect in Europe and would have been top 10 over here. That class was loaded with Alexander, Oubre, Mykhailiuk and Graham. In 2013 their class was Wiggins, Embiid, Selden, Brennen Greene, Mason and Frankamp. These would have been the best classes ever at UConn. Sure Self gets a few lower ranked recruits but he lives off of 5 stars.
For sure those 2013 & 14 classes were awesome, but it's Mason, Graham & Lucas -- two of whom were fringe top 100, and the third who was a 3-star recruit -- that have been the foundation over the past few years. Saying he "lives off of five stars" does him a dissevice IMO, because it's the lower-ranked, 4-year players who keep that team in the top 10 every single season.

Kansas is recruiting monsters, would love for Ollie to get to that point but that would be a hell of a jump to make.
Agree there, and part of it is taking a lightly recruited (relatively speaking) guy like Mason and turning him into a NPOTY contender, or landing a last-minute decommit like Graham.

Gonna take time but I feel like we're heading in that direction.

Reaction Score
For sure those 2013 & 14 classes were awesome, but it's Mason, Graham & Lucas -- two of whom were fringe top 100, and the third who was a 3-star recruit -- that have been the foundation over the past few years. Saying he "lives off of five stars" does him a dissevice IMO, because it's the lower-ranked, 4-year players who keep that team in the top 10 every single season.

Agree there, and part of it is taking a lightly recruited (relatively speaking) guy like Mason and turning him into a NPOTY contender, or landing a last-minute decommit like Graham.

Gonna take time but I feel like we're heading in that direction.
KO has shown he can recruit. I mean we've been in the final 3 with some elite recruits multiple times. KO just needs some sustained success to back up his obvious recruiting talent

Reaction Score

It usually isn't the incoming freshmen that make or break a team. It is the improvement of the returning players that make a bigger difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom