2017 | The Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
first thing RE will do is try to get BS back...without him our season is effed. I think he may be successful, as Randy isn't a nut job and will give BS the starting job over DW. If he gets BS back, we could win 5 or 6 games in 2017. Still need to rebuild, but our line will improve, edsall will be better at establishing the run, and won't coach us out of wins. How many wins do you guys see? So hard to predict after 2016. Can't believe our players are actually that bad

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Home games: Holy Cross (W), Mizzouri (W), BC (W), ECU (W), Memphis (L), USF (L), Tulsa (L)
Road games: Virginia(W) , UCF (L), Cincy (L), SMU (W), Temple (L)

6-6 (2-6). We'll do solid at home.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Home games: Holy Cross (W), Mizzouri (W), BC (W), ECU (W), Memphis (L), USF (L), Tulsa (L)
Road games: Virginia(W) , UCF (L), Cincy (L), SMU (W), Temple (L)

6-6 (2-6). We'll do solid at home.
I'm not confident that we'll beat BC, but it's possible. Same with Mizzou--they're a bad team, but we're really rebuilding here. Temple loses a ton, so I could see a win there. I'd guess as follows:

Wins-Holy Cross (God help us if we don't win this one), UVA (they were really bad), UCF, Cincy, Temple, maybe ECU
Losses- Mizzou, BC, Memphis, USF, Tulsa, SMU
That would get us to 6-6, but I'd say 5-7 is more likely. That's not so bad considering how we finished out this year and the fact that the American is getting better--there are no in conference cupcakes now that we've swapped Tulsa in for Tulane. Still, RE will establish a toughness that has been absent from this team for a LONG time

Reaction Score
Next year, I will be happy if we are competitive every game and beat HC by over 25 points.
Tired of the opening night performance of this team over the last 5 yrs
Opening night losses (Townson ST) or nail biters (Maine) made for very long seasons.
Welcome back coach ...looking forward to bring to the rebuild

Reaction Score
We'll win the UCF game in Diaco's honor. Even though he was lousy, he's not a bad guy and Frost tried to humiliate BD and our team. We won't forget that insult even if it was a stupid made-up game.

Reaction Score
2017: Will see disciplined football. Won't see the play clock consistently reaching :00. Won't mind-numbing, asinine endings of games such as Navy 2016. Might see the return of the National Flag Blue Block C helmet.

Reaction Score
OT but I want to see Summers playing both sides of the ball ala Darius Butler. Maybe that's possible now.

Reaction Score
If BS is announced the starter and Williams doesnt play a snap this year, does that still count towards a redshirt? I know Tarbutt didnt play a down in 2016 as a true soph, but he'll be a redshirt soph next year.

Also, doesn't HCRE like more traditional pocket passing QBs more vs the QB who can throw on the run?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If BS is announced the starter and Williams doesnt play a snap this year, does that still count towards a redshirt? I know Tarbutt didnt play a down in 2016 as a true soph, but he'll be a redshirt soph next year.

Also, doesn't HCRE like more traditional pocket passing QBs more vs the QB who can throw on the run?
Sheriffs is a lot like Lorenzen. Just saying.

Reaction Score

Yes, if he keeps Williams off the field in 17 Williams will come into '18 as a Redshirt Soph.

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone can predict a number of wins without knowing if we have a QB.
Or who the OC and DC are. Or find out what kind of offense we're running. Or know who's staying and leaving. Or what commits stay and decommit.

Reaction Score
Same things Butler did when he played on O. He's a playmaker, would help account for Thomas' absence.
I believe there are enough playmakers on offense, between Mayala, Beals (who somehow disappeared this year), Skanes, McLean, and the potential for Dixon. Maybe there are some DB that could crossover to the offensive side of the football. But Summers wasn't the same this past season. Switched positions. I just don't see him doing double duty.

One guy based on his HS film whom I was surprised ended up on the defensive side of the ball was Anthony Watkins. Now at Safety. His film made him look like he had hands of glue, high pointed the football and came down with everything in traffic. Let's see what Edsall will do and/or change.

Reaction Score

Randy likes QBs that can take a snap and hand off to a running back who runs through massive holes opened by our outstanding Oline, coached by Foley.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm hoping Breiner is our OC and we can get his QB as a grad transfer for this season

What's his pay like at Fordham? I just wonder if he would consider leaving what's a great FCS head coaching gig to be our OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom