2017 UConn Recruiting Name: Mikayla Coombs (GA) | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Recruiting Name: Mikayla Coombs (GA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn was (and probably still is) very interested in Coombs but I don't think an offer has been extended.

ESPN did a piece on Coombs earlier this year which talked about Geno watching her play AAU ball last summer. Unfortunately, Mikayla tore her ACL in her first high school game in Dec 2014 and missed the season. I'm not sure when she'll be ready to return to the court. She sounds like a great kid.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...2/why-super-sophomore-mikayla-coombs-not-down

Motton said Coombs, who plans on studying broadcast journalism, got on the radar of numerous college coaches last summer, especially during the 10th Grade Super Showcase in Orlando. Coombs put together four straight 20-plus-point games, landing attention from big-time schools like Connecticut, Stanford and Kentucky.

It was during that tournament that Coombs noticed that UConn coach Geno Auriemma was at a majority of her games.

"It was real exciting, but then I blocked it out," Coombs said. "I didn't want that to mess with my game."

Reaction Score
Per the link in my OP:

"Her offer list already includes powerhouse Connecticut."

But who knows

Though my impression of Geno is that he would offer a kid with a 4.0 GPA and a top-30 caliber ranking much earlier than a kid with a 2.9 GPA and a top-15 caliber ranking. In Coombs you have the best of both worlds, so an early offer would not surprise me.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Per the link in my OP:

"Her offer list already includes powerhouse Connecticut."

But who knows

I saw that. Sometimes interest is confused with offer. She was definitely a target and we'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
So do we have enough Schollies to sign her( Makayla Coombs)Megan Walker and Kasiyahna Kushkituah for 17'?? Are we still interested in the big girl K.K??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So do we have enough Schollies to sign her( Makayla Coombs)Megan Walker and Kasiyahna Kushkituah for 17'?? Are we still interested in the big girl K.K??
For 2017-18 we have (will have)

Sr - Willams, Nurse, Ekmark, Butler
Jr - Samuelson, Collier, Boykin
So - Dangerfield, Irwin, Bent
Fr - Espinoza-Hunter

So we have 11 Schollies out at this point. 4 free. So, yep, we got the schollie's available.

Reaction Score
For 2017-18 we have (will have)

Sr - Willams, Nurse, Ekmark, Butler
Jr - Samuelson, Collier, Boykin
So - Dangerfield, Irwin, Bent
Fr - Espinoza-Hunter

So we have 11 Schollies out at this point. 4 free. So, yep, we got the schollie's available.

Many would be wise if they did not think themselves intelligent. Balatzar Garcidn !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom