2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official)

Reaction Score
WTF is taking so long?

Smalls2.jpg

Reaction Score
I just can't imagine Edsall taking in a guy like Weist who has played interim HC twice in five years. I'll be pleasantly surprised, but frankly very surprised. Weist would also tilt our staff a little more to the older side which has its merits, but I was kinda of thinking when Edsall was announced that we'd see a very senior Coach Edsall and a band of dynamic young coaches from FCS schools looking to prove it.
Fair point on bringing in a prior UConn Interim Coach, but it could be worse. Much worse, aka return of the recent failed vowel brothers (Death Glare Pasqualoni, Dead to Us DeLeone, and Deader Horse than Dog Food Fiasco).

If Vince Lombardi or Walter Camp could come back alive and right the good ship Huskies, not too many legitimate UConn fans would give a regarding their collective ages. At 58 and potentially at 51 years of age respectively, Edsall, possibly with Weist, will be surrounded by younger guys. No different than any coaches of any age, all will fall into the Missouri category: Show Me (rather, Show Us)!

Reaction Score
I just can't imagine Edsall taking in a guy like Weist who has played interim HC twice in five years. I'll be pleasantly surprised, but frankly very surprised. Weist would also tilt our staff a little more to the older side which has its merits, but I was kinda of thinking when Edsall was announced that we'd see a very senior Coach Edsall and a band of dynamic young coaches from FCS schools looking to prove it.
This is merely a question for information, how old is Saban?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I actually googled it immediately afterward. He's 65. My point more over was pointing out at 58 Edsall could still have quite a bit left in the tank along with a 51 year old Weist.
Absolutely, and my point is that I envisioned him tilting the staff towards a bunch of young FCS tigers. That doesnt mean I am saying we can't succeed with Weist, Richardson and others, just merely sharing my initial vision for the staff.

Reaction Score
Well Randy has been on the job officially since Jan 3 I think. So there is that. But my guess is they are spreading this out mostly for effect. He announced a bunch and will name another bunch today or tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Soo...Benedict was adamant about having the staff in place by today due to the dead period being over which is why the weird firing date.....hello MCFLY/!!??!!

Reaction Score
Well Randy has been on the job officially since Jan 3 I think. So there is that. But my guess is they are spreading this out mostly for effect. He announced a bunch and will name another bunch today or tomorrow.

Spreading out for effect? Um, yeah OK.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Soo...Benedict was adamant about having the staff in place by today due to the dead period being over which is why the weird firing date.....hello MCFLY/!!??!!
Weird firing date? Did somebody get fired? when?

Reaction Score
Yeah Art. It's called public relations. You get 2 or 3 news articles rather than 1. Or maybe you guys are right and Randy wants to try a new approach and go with just 4 position coaches. Or not a soul in the coaching profession wants to be here so we need to go with just 4. Oy!

Reaction Score
Weird firing date? Did somebody get fired? when?

I'd say the day after Christmas, in December, 8 days prior to the actual firing date with no prior notice as far as rumblings is concerned is a weird firing date yeah

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does it feel like a week has gone by since Athletic Director Dave and Randy announced Wholley, Richardson, and Son of Randy as coaches? It's been 2 days, but a really loooong 2 days waiting to hear who the Coordinators will be. WTF.

Reaction Score
Randy is just doing this to aggregate the boneyard! I heard he has already scripted the first 3 plays for the opener, too. Run left, run right run up the middle. #4 is everyone watch tdh 's head explode.

Reaction Score
It's been just over 48 hours and we knew we weren't going to hear anything for 24.

Look -- given the lateness in recruiting season, it would obviously be better to have everyone involved now. Period. But that having been said, there is only so much recruiting that can be done to save what was not a good class to begin with, and it is more important that these be the right hires than that 2 additional coaches have 48 extra hours to recruit.

Which is just a long winded way of saying that while I want these filled now as well, the belief that something is wrong with the process because two OC jobs haven't been filled within at this point less than two days of when they could legally be filled would be baffling, but for the fact that such over-analysis and over-worry is a daily occurrence

Reaction Score
I promise you ... timeliness and diligence are not deficiencies of the guy named Randy Edsall.

And, as we all remember (at least a lot of us going back to the earliest ride) ... he is not too revealing of his internal workings - a problem that drove the metro DC/Baltimore writers cray-crazy. My bet is he is already done and the I's are dotting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom