2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official)

Reaction Score
Still a lot of work to do, not to mention all the ancillary positions. I thought AD Benedict and HCRE wanted to announce the coaching staff by January 11th?

Head Coach-Randy Edsall

Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach: Rhett Lashlee
WR Coach:
TE Coach: Corey Edsall
OL Coach:
RB Coach: Terry Richardson

Defensive Coordinator:
LB Coach: Jon Wholley
DL Coach:
LB Coach:
Safeties Coach:
CB Coach:
Special Teams Coach:

Strength and Conditioning Coach:

Defensive Grad Assistant (1):
Defensive Grad Assistant (2):
Offensive Grad Assistant (1):
Offensive Grad Assistant (2):

Reaction Score

Another piece to the puzzle.

You know, every keeps saying they can't believe the whole staff isn't in place by now. It would be interesting to look back and see the timeline for when PP was announced as HC and Diaco as HC and the remainder of their staffs were named.

Considering 6 years ago to the day PP was announce, Edsall and staff are ahead of the curve.

Reaction Score

You know, every keeps saying they can't believe the whole staff isn't in place by now. It would be interesting to look back and see the timeline for when PP was announced as HC and Diaco as HC and the remainder of their staffs were named.

Considering 6 years ago to the day PP was announce, Edsall and staff are ahead of the curve.

Yeahhh, the PP days are not exactly what I would chose as a benchmark.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

Aman says Chris DeBerry staying on. Was coordinator of internal football logistics under HCBD. No mention of his position under HCRE, if true.

Reaction Score

Didn't they both announce their staffs on or around signing day? That wouldn't have worked well this time around... not with all the lack of success during their 6 years of futility...

Reaction Score
O.K. This was clearly a low seniority, low pay hire, for someone whom Edsall knows, has NFL experience and who recruits the mid-Atlantic. Sounds fine.

Doesn't in any way distract me from the most important slots left of OL and DC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didn't they both announce their staffs on or around signing day? That wouldn't have worked well this time around... not with all the lack of success during their 6 years of futility...
I don't know which is why I was asking. But I was quickly reminded, as was everyone, PP was official today 6 years ago. Edsall and staff are already ahead of schedule.

Reaction Score
I live in Myrtle Beach now and watched Coastal lose this year to Georgia Southern 59-58 or something like that. They did have some strong games defensively but that night, everybody lit it up.

Not sure about this one.

It's always hard to tell if there is a lack of talent or the coaching is poor. I would imagine Randy knows his skill level pretty well. In Randy we trust.

Reaction Score
I live in Myrtle Beach now and watched Coastal lose this year to Georgia Southern 59-58 or something like that. They did have some strong games defensively but that night, everybody lit it up.

Not sure about this one.
EVERY team will have a moment where plenty of points gets scored on their Defense... GA Southern runs a triple option, so that's a horrible game to judge DB coaching on...

Reaction Score

Not sure about this one.

It was a 2OT game and Ga So put up less than 150 yards in air?????

Has CC put any DBs in pros recently?

Reaction Score
Head Coach-Randy Edsall

Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach: Rhett Lashlee ($350K plus incentives)
WR Coach:
TE Coach: Corey Edsall ($95K)
OL Coach:
RB Coach: Terry Richardson ($245K)

Defensive Coordinator:
LB Coach: Jon Wholley ($155K)
DL Coach:
Safeties Coach:
CB Coach: Curome Cox ($175K)
Special Teams Coach:

Press release had Cox as DB coach. The staff is limited to 9 assistants so it is likely that there will be no Special Teams coach. Edasll took over coaching safeties 2010 when he was HC and I would expect him to have a very active role in the safety and DB coaching. Edsall still has a good chunk of change to spend on the DC, OL and DL as he is at $1.02M of a $2M budget for assistant coaches. Unclear if Steinberg's Director of Football Operations salary of $125K or the S&C coach comes out of the assistant budget.

Reaction Score

Not sure about this one.

It was a 2OT game and Ga So put up less than 150 yards in air?????

Has CC put any DBs in pros recently?

It was also Charleston Southern - not Georgia Southern.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Head Coach-Randy Edsall

Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach: Rhett Lashlee ($350K plus incentives)
WR Coach:
TE Coach: Corey Edsall ($95K)
OL Coach:
RB Coach: Terry Richardson ($245K)

Defensive Coordinator:
LB Coach: Jon Wholley ($155K)
DL Coach:
Safeties Coach:
CB Coach: Curome Cox ($175K)
Special Teams Coach:

Press release had Cox as DB coach. The staff is limited to 9 assistants so it is likely that there will be no Special Teams coach. Edasll took over coaching safeties 2010 when he was HC and I would expect him to have a very active role in the safety and DB coaching. Edsall still has a good chunk of change to spend on the DC, OL and DL as he is at $1.02M of a $2M budget for assistant coaches. Unclear if Steinberg's Director of Football Operations salary of $125K or the S&C coach comes out of the assistant budget.

No Special Teams coach?!?!?
Yeah, that'll fly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom