2017 UConn Commit Darrian Beavers (Cincinnati Ohio) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit Darrian Beavers (Cincinnati Ohio)

Reaction Score
Colerain High is a powerhouse high school football program. Ranked #2 in the state of Ohio and #17 (by one ratings service) in the country...
Great info, thank you for the post. The program can mean so much about the player and others that may look at us in the future.

Cool, we stole one from Cincy.
No attack shizz but we stole one from, Army, Ball State, Buffalo, BGSU, Miami-Ohio, Eastern Kentucky and Georgia State. ;)

Reaction Score
I think Randy is 6'2" (please correct me if im wrong). He looks the exact same size without the high hair.

That aside, he looks like a mean player on tape...and i trust this staff more than the last.
He's definitely taller. Look again. Edsall's mouth is at or below Beavers' chin. Look at the level of the eyes as well. I'm just being nit picky, but this is a big athletic athlete that can play in the secondary. Nice get.

Reaction Score
I think Randy is 6'2" (please correct me if im wrong). He looks the exact same size without the high hair.

That aside, he looks like a mean player on tape...and i trust this staff more than the last.

I think Randy is closers to 6'4". I took a photo with him back when, he made me look like I would qualify for services and I am/was 5'11" in barefoot.

Reaction Score
HCRE2.0 is definitely closer to 6'4. That kid looks like a legit 6'4".

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
As some of you have mentioned Colerain is a power program around here. They regularly have multiple P5 guys. The 2017 class has a 4-star kid committed to Ohio State, another kid likely heading to Iowa State (his brother is already there), an OL committed to Illinois. Last year they had an Iowa State commit and a Tennessee commit.

Just today a LB from Colerain that committed to Cincinnati. He had offers from Illinois, Boston College, Indiana, Iowa State, Maryland and Purdue.

Safe to say if you are getting a kid from Colerain, he's going to be a good get. Congrats guys.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
As some of you have mentioned Colerain is a power program around here. They regularly have multiple P5 guys. The 2017 class has a 4-star kid committed to Ohio State, another kid likely heading to Iowa State (his brother is already there), an OL committed to Illinois. Last year they had an Iowa State commit and a Tennessee commit.

Just today a LB from Colerain that committed to Cincinnati. He had offers from Illinois, Boston College, Indiana, Iowa State, Maryland and Purdue.

Safe to say if you are getting a kid from Colerain, he's going to be a good get. Congrats guys.

It's hard to believe that a high school can be a top 20 program in the country, but only the second best team in their own city! (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that St. Xavier is the #1 team in Ohio)

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
It's hard to believe that a high school can be a top 20 program in the country, but only the second best team in their own city! (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that St. Xavier is the #1 team in Ohio)
Yeah, there are a ton of good football programs here. St. Xavier won the D-I State Title this season w/ 5 regular season losses which shows you the depth. LaSalle won their third straight D-II State Title too this season. Then you have typical nationally relevant programs like Elder, Moeller. It's what made Tuberville's odd refusal to recruit local kids even more mind boggling.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
HS football in Ohio is an entirely different animal than what we have here.

Beyond having a very large number of players each year that end up at P-5 schools, likely around 1/3 of the entire MAC conference's rosters are Ohio kids.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised about this one. Just not sure he has enough speed and quick enough hips to play as a Safety or Corner. Maybe he adds some weight to play nickel LB or as others suggested, the third safety (same thing really). Happy to be wrong about the speed and hips. When Edsall/Crocker &Co make an offer, I have a lot more confidence they are doing it for the right reasons and they see talent they can use.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised about this one. Just not sure he has enough speed and quick enough hips to play as a Safety or Corner. Maybe he adds some weight to play nickel LB or as others suggested, the third safety (same thing really). Happy to be wrong about the speed and hips. When Edsall/Crocker &Co make an offer, I have a lot more confidence they are doing it for the right reasons and they see talent they can use.

This guy is going to be a LB to my eyes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom