2017 UConn Commit - Brayden Brown (Cumberland, MD) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit - Brayden Brown (Cumberland, MD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup (check date):

That's funny....it's like Arkeel's listed 4.90 40-time on ESPN. He ran that in like 8th grade. Then you look at his 2018 draft profile and he's listed at 4.49 (with a low of 4.38/high of 4.59).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Punt Returner? I'm not familiar with that position...

Its the modern version of Diaco's "Punt Catcher." Its a dynamic position whereby the punt is caught AND advanced down the field. Notice the second action, catching and advancing. Most advancing is accomplished by running combined with athletic maneuvers to avoid opponent tackles. We actually used to use a Punt Returner for many years under Edsall. It was actually a strength of the team and essential to winning many games. Once you see it in action, I am sure positive recall will kick in.

Reaction Score
Im guessing he'll be a DB since he was a Coastal Carolina guy. Cox probably flipped him.
I hope not. We need homerun hitters on offense. Coaches usually recruit by areas, not position.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I hope not. We need homerun hitters on offense. Coaches usually recruit by areas, not position.

Schonvisky tweeted out that he will be coming in as a safety. I also think that since Cox is a MD guy, that might've played a role in the flip.

Reaction Score
Schonvisky tweeted out that he will be coming in as a safety. I also think that since Cox is a MD guy, that might've played a role in the flip.
I saw that, but I'm not convinced. He's still on the disco hype train.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I saw that, but I'm not convinced. He's still on the disco hype train.

Agree with you there, but I don't see what he has to gain by reporting false info on what position Edsall commits will play.

Reaction Score
Agree with you there, but I don't see what he has to gain by reporting false info on what position Edsall commits will play.
I just doubt he would know or question his source. If the kid comes out and says its a different story.

Reaction Score
I'll let RE handle the position assignments as long as there isn't one called "punt catcher" as cleverly described above. There are a lot of holes to plug just about everywhere. I'd feel a ton better with a solid QB pick up. DW will be our ruin if he takes the helm absent some miracle transformation.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'll let RE handle the position assignments as long as there isn't one called "punt catcher" as cleverly described above. There are a lot of holes to plug just about everywhere. I'd feel a ton better with a solid QB pick up. DW will be our ruin if he takes the helm absent some miracle transformation.

Im hoping we are able to nab Pindell. Would be nice to get a Juco guy with some experience and then see if Lashlee can't reel in a big qb recruit for 2018

Reaction Score
glad we're bringing in more speed at the skill positions... welcome home Brayden!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Considering he was a Coastal Carolina coach, I would think Curome Cox had a major role in this commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom