2017 UConn Commit #8 - Omar Fortt (Stamford CT) Early Enrolle | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit #8 - Omar Fortt (Stamford CT) Early Enrolle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Statement from Omar Fortt (w/ full attribution to Aman Kidwai @ UConnReport):

>>First, I'd like to give thanks to the Almighty above for blessing me with this opportunity. Also, I want to recognize the support from my family, friends and coaches for always pushing me to better myself on and off the field. Lastly, I am humbled by the process and I appreciate all of the Universities who have shown hard interest in me. I am proud to announce that I will be furthering my academic and football careers at The University of Connecticut. # FAMILY #GOHUSKIES<<

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Welcome Omar! Love your tape and priorities. Looking forward to seeing you on the field as a Husky.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

Statement from Omar Fortt (w/ full attribution to Aman Kidwai @ UConnReport):

>>First, I'd like to give thanks to the Almighty above for blessing me with this opportunity. Also, I want to recognize the support from my family, friends and coaches for always pushing me to better myself on and off the field. Lastly, I am humbled by the process and I appreciate all of the Universities who have shown hard interest in me. I am proud to announce that I will be furthering my academic and football careers at The University of Connecticut. # FAMILY #GOHUSKIES<<

Welcome! Glad to see another RKG on the team.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What do we think, more likely to play safety or WR? Seems like he has big hands and upper body strength to win jumping contests for the ball.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You forgot to italicize, Dan.

Ha! I was wondering if someone would point that out. I didn't forget. That was one of the few times I've posted from my phone instead of my desktop. It ruined my vibe...

Reaction Score
Hopefully when he gets here he'll be a little thicker. Right now, from the Matt's article, he's about 6'1 165.. probably very lean solid muscle but string beanish for football, even in the defensive backfield... hope he gets here at around 180 so when Balis gets a hold of him, he'll be able to potentially redshirt, thicken up even more, then be ready to blow up in '18 in the 185-195lb range...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not sure how I feel about recruits being asked about the Big 12, since we aren't in it and all... On the whole, appreciate the interview.

Reaction Score
Hopefully when he gets here he'll be a little thicker. Right now, from the Matt's article, he's about 6'1 165.. probably very lean solid muscle but string beanish for football, even in the defensive backfield... hope he gets here at around 180 so when Balis gets a hold of him, he'll be able to potentially redshirt, thicken up even more, then be ready to blow up in '18 in the 185-195lb range...
He's just under a year away from hitting campus if he does end up signing with Uconn. I believe in years past, commits that sign were given summer work out plans so I expect him to certainly fill out some more. Let's not forget too, his brother is a LB in the NFL. Could always lean on him for some guidance as well.

Reaction Score
Saw on TOS that AK is saying that Omar will be graduating early and enrolling in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom