2017 UConn Commit #7 - Jake Byczko (Auburn MA) - Decommited | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit #7 - Jake Byczko (Auburn MA) - Decommited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welcome to the pound!

Another big body. Like what the staff is doing!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interesting junior tape. Not sure where he fits best on the field. Did he camp with us and if so, any info on that?

Reaction Score
From Brendan Hall @ ESPNBoston:

>>Lawrence Academy senior tight end/linebacker Jake Byczko gave a verbal commitment to UConn earlier today, after receiving an offer from the Huskies while on a visit.

The 6-foot-3, 235-pound Byczko, an Auburn resident, also held offers from New Hampshire and Rhode Island at the time of his commitment. He’s also seen varied degrees of interest from Boston College, Syracuse, Buffalo, Central Florida and UMass.

“I was impressed with the new players, the upcoming schedule, and the attempt to get into a big football conference,” Byczko told ESPNBoston.com.

UConn, of course, is one of a number of teams being speculated about in the Big 12’s desire for expansion, alongside other schools such as Brigham Young, Cincinnati, Memphis, Houston and South Florida. While Byczko says he wasn’t told anything about the future of the program’s league membership, he said, “In my opinion, to even be in the same conversation as a Big 12 candidate is huge.”

At UConn, Byczko will likely compete as a linebacker. “They like that I’m a tough kid that loves to hit and get to the ball. And at 6-3, 230, they love that I can move the way I do,” Byczko said.<<

Reaction Score
From Brendan Hall @ ESPNBoston:

>>Lawrence Academy senior tight end/linebacker Jake Byczko gave a verbal commitment to UConn earlier today, after receiving an offer from the Huskies while on a visit.

The 6-foot-3, 235-pound Byczko, an Auburn resident, also held offers from New Hampshire and Rhode Island at the time of his commitment. He’s also seen varied degrees of interest from Boston College, Syracuse, Buffalo, Central Florida and UMass.

“I was impressed with the new players, the upcoming schedule, and the attempt to get into a big football conference,” Byczko told ESPNBoston.com.

UConn, of course, is one of a number of teams being speculated about in the Big 12’s desire for expansion, alongside other schools such as Brigham Young, Cincinnati, Memphis, Houston and South Florida. While Byczko says he wasn’t told anything about the future of the program’s league membership, he said, “In my opinion, to even be in the same conversation as a Big 12 candidate is huge.”

At UConn, Byczko will likely compete as a linebacker. “They like that I’m a tough kid that loves to hit and get to the ball. And at 6-3, 230, they love that I can move the way I do,” Byczko said.<<

Looks like a future ILB ... probably Mike or Will.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Jake!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
Would like to witness Diaco recruit under the P5 umbrella.

Great point. As for Jake seems like a great addition from an athletics standpoint but more so his love of the game and commitment to making everyone around him better. If he never plays a down (the opposite likely true) I want him on my team.

Reaction Score
jake byczko ‏@Jakebyczko 6m 6 minutes ago

20.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guess HM didn't get the memo. Sad!

Reaction Score
Every time I see a kid decommit I think, "wait who??" That's how bad our recruiting is. None of the names have any significance to me from the 17 class

Reaction Score
Had offers from New Hampshire and Rhody. Fine with this, this has to be Edsall going through objectively and looking at talent.

Be interesting to see where many of these kids end up

Let's face it these kids are decommitting. Hopefully they don't make too many permanent enemies out of high school
coaches.

Reaction Score
Wish him well. Was it a decommit or offer pulled? Looking at his twitter, 4 days ago he was excited about the OCRL hire, Edsall was doing an in home visit 2-3 days ago, and he decommits today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom