2017 Uconn Commit #5 - Ryan Fitton (Westport CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 Uconn Commit #5 - Ryan Fitton (Westport CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we really need this discussion here?
No, just refuting what was claimed seeing that it was let slide with crazy things called facts, and for the record the recent major cheating scandals were at the AFA not the USMA. OK, now I'm done.

Reaction Score
The size on these kids honestlsubscriptions.rget all about the star rating system.
The ones who care about the"star system" for rating players are those who sell subscriptions. It amazes me how many treat these ratings as Gospel truth.

Reaction Score
From an an interview of Ryan Fitton by Aman Kidwai on TOS:

>>He received the offer from UConn in April, visited Pratt & Whitney Stadium for the Blue-White game, and a little over two months later is now verbally committed. The Huskies were the first FBS school to offer the Westport native, though he did also have an offer from Fordham. By the time of his commitment, Buffalo, Army, and a host of FCS programs had also extended offers. Fitton also had interest from Boston College, Purdue, Wake Forest, and Temple.<<

Reaction Score
FCIAC Football 2016: Staples preview - GameTime CT

>Headlining this class is All-State senior Ryan Fitton, a 6-foot-5, 240-pound end and punter who committed to play at UConn on July 4. A three-year starter, Fitton gives Staples star power as a receiver, blocker and a defender. “Not many tight ends can get down and block anymore, which made him attractive to UConn,” Petroccio said. “We have to find different ways to get him the ball. And the thing about Ryan is he can play defense, too. It’s nice to have 6-4, 240 coming off the edge. We’re expecting big, big things from him. And he’s really worked hard.”<

Reaction Score
Good enough get but can we get some guys from a NJ Ohio Florida or somewhere that they actually play high school football. No offense to th kid but if we keep landing just local kids we will be stuck in Pasualoni land.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Good enough get but can we get some guys from a NJ Ohio Florida or somewhere that they actually play high school football. No offense to th kid but if we keep landing just local kids we will be stuck in Pasualoni land.

4 of 8 coming from NJ, VA, or IL so far, and only 2 from CT (one of whom has NFL bloodlines)...also I'm pretty sure Arkeel Newsome and Noel Thomas would like a word with you.

Reaction Score
not_this_shit_again.jpg

Reaction Score
Heavy SW CT based team: 2016 All-Connecticut Region Football Team - News 12 Varsity

First Team Specials:

One of the most physically gifted talents in the region, Fitton boomed the ball on punts all season. A two-time first team pick, he averaged 39.4 yards per punt. He was an imposing figure at tight end, as well, catching 21 passes for 186 yards and a touchdown.

Also First Team QB Nick Henkel 18' has a UConn offer as did Stueber (Michigan commit)

Reaction Score
My bad on the omission. Corrected
OK... No worries Medic...you do so much here, surprised how infrequently it happens! As for RF, it's still a nice accomplishment and he will definitely get more action under RE than he would have under BD.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
OK... No worries Medic...you do so much here, surprised how infrequently it happens! As for RF, it's still a nice accomplishment and he will definitely get more action under RE than he would have under BD.

Edsall going full Louisville for recruits......

Reaction Score
Hearst Connecticut Media Football All-Stars

>>TIGHT END

Ryan Fitton, Staples: Senior tight end posted career totals of 58 catches for 750 yards and five touchdowns … Had 21 receptions for 186 yards and one touchdown in seven games during senior season for the Wreckers … All-State Class LL, All-FCIAC first team. ... Will play at UConn.<<

Reaction Score
Fitton, Casparius highlight Staples Division I signing class

>>Last July the 6-foot-5, 230-pound Fitton — who also pitched for the Wreckers the past two seasons — committed to UConn under then coach Bob Diaco, who was dismissed after the Huskies went 3-9 a year ago. A wrench was thrown in plans with the coaching change, as other schools began to contact Fitton to see if he was interested in jumping. But Fitton remained steadfast in wanting to represent the state the he grew up on.

"I realized UConn I where I wanted to go," Fitton said. "Playing for my home state, they have a great coaching staff up there. And I think they have potential to do great things. They got me hooked and I didn’t want to go anywhere else."

Fitton is also excited for the return of Edsall, who helped lead the Huskies from obscurity as a football program to the Fiesta Bowl in 2011. "How (Edsall) brought them from a I-AA team to being a powerhouse team in just a couple of years. Once he gets rolling there its unlimited what we can do up there. There’s so much he can do with this staff and the players he’s bringing in."

He had one final message for the community. "Just so you know, UConn's football stadium is only an hour-and-a-half away," Fitton said. "So reserve your season tickets today."<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom