2017 Uconn Commit #5 - Ryan Fitton (Westport CT) | The Boneyard

2017 Uconn Commit #5 - Ryan Fitton (Westport CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sean Patrick Bowley@SPBowley2 mins ago
Another CT D1 recruit for 2017: Staples all-state TE Ryan Fitton has committed to play at UConn, via coach Marce Petroccio#cthsfb

Ryan is a 6-5 235lb TE/DE/P from Staples High School in Westport CT. Class LL All State Punter in 2015. Class LL All State DL in 2014. Also Pitcher on Staples Baseball Team. *Fitton has offers from Army, Buffalo, Colgate, Fordham, Maine and William and Mary.

Ryan Fitton #87-Junior Highlights

*Edited to included updated offers via GameTime article below.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good early get. Felt he would breakout this fall.
Staples runs the ball a lot. Won't have great stats.

Reaction Score
Great hands from these clips. I'd like to see how he is with 20 more pounds of muscle when he gets in the weight room at Uconn.

Reaction Score
The size on these kids honestly makes me forget all about the star rating system.

He put 20lbs on this past year... Heck he may not be done growing - think he could be good for another "well placed" Balis 10-15.

Reaction Score
I really think Diaco is just trying to build the biggest team possible. With so many teams moving to the spread, teams are setting up their defenses with smaller but quicker guys. If you can just play ball control offense with huge targets to block and pass, you have the antithesis of the current college game - and it's crazy enough to work.

Reaction Score
I really think Diaco is just trying to build the biggest team possible. With so many teams moving to the spread, teams are setting up their defenses with smaller but quicker guys. If you can just play ball control offense with huge targets to block and pass, you have the antithesis of the current college game - and it's crazy enough to work.
LOVED the ND game where we kicked the feces out of their team. Even with the TWO phantom holding calls against our O on the last drive (I believe the officials crew supervisor called Edsall and apologized if I'm remembering correctly), there was ZERO chance of them standing up to our O-line.

Reaction Score
Edsall built a very nice program recruiting this way. Diaco is taking the size thing to a whole different level and hopefully he is getting kids that can run as well. But, getting these under the radar kids that can be coached and built up makes sense for UCONN. This kid evidently had offers from Army and Harvard, so you have to believe very high character to go along with a big body.

Would love to see us catch some lightening in a bottle at RB like we did with Caulley.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like a decent blocker, with soft hands. Nice frame. Solid straight line speed. Not going to be a YAC guy, but few TEs are. Its nice to see an FCIAC kid on a schollie. You have to start somewhere in FC.

Btw, did this kid camp with us? I wonder how he did.

Last edited:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Edsall built a very nice program recruiting this way. Diaco is taking the size thing to a whole different level and hopefully he is getting kids that can run as well. But, getting these under the radar kids that can be coached and built up makes sense for UCONN. This kid evidently had offers from Army and Harvard, so you have to believe very high character to go along with a big body.

Would love to see us catch some lightening in a bottle at RB like we did with Caulley.

FWIW I do like his offer list. Good solid FCS and a couple of FBS... He'll probably end up with a couple more FBS offers when everything's said and done.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
FWIW I do like his offer list. Good solid FCS and a couple of FBS... He'll probably end up with a couple more FBS offers when everything's said and done.

for those who didn't click on the link "Fitton was entertaining offers from Army, Buffalo, Colgate, Fordham, Maine and William and Mary."

If his senior season is like his junior season, he will probably pick up a P5 offer by December....not that I want to see that happen.

Reaction Score

I said the same thing and I point to Harbaugh's Stanford against Kelly's Oregon every year. Stanford's lines were bigger than Oregon's and the majority of the time Stanford was able to dictate exactly what they wanted to during the whole game. Hopefully, we see that success against some of the high powered offense that are being developed in the AAC

APA

Reaction Score

Didn't see anything about Harvard. Where was that? As for Army, given the high number of sexual assault and cheating scandals at the academies in the last few years, I don't see that as indicating high character at all.

Reaction Score
Didn't see anything about Harvard. Where was that? As for Army, given the high number of sexual assault and cheating scandals at the academies in the last few years, I don't see that as indicating high character at all.

Rivals, pretty sure I got that right about Harvard.

I suggest you take a tour and meet some of the cadets at West Point. No organization is perfect and the Academy is no exception to that. But, the level of commitment and character of these young men and women is glaringly obvious.

Reaction Score
for those who didn't click on the link "Fitton was entertaining offers from Army, Buffalo, Colgate, Fordham, Maine and William and Mary.".

I'm near 100% certain (w/ a little wiggle room for multi-tasking) - that wording changed in the GameTime article after I updated the initial post.

APA

Reaction Score
Rivals, pretty sure I got that right about Harvard.

I suggest you take a tour and meet some of the cadets at West Point. No organization is perfect and the Academy is no exception to that. But, the level of commitment and character of these young men and women is glaringly obvious.
I could not find him on Rivals. Maybe I just missed it. As for the academies, we can agree to disagree.

APA

Reaction Score
Found him on Rivals. Did not have an offer from Harvard.

Reaction Score

Although I believe 1 sexual assault is 1 too many the numbers are not as high as you may think, especially at the USMA which is the lowest of the three major academies.

http://sapr.mil/public/docs/reports/MSA/APY_14-15/APY_14-15_MSA_Report.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99