2017 Schedule | The Boneyard

2017 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Yes yes I know- we haven't even played a down in 2016 yet. And I understand that if we change conferences for the 2017 season this is all a moot point. However...

Are we going to have to open with a conference opponent? Right now our 2017 schedule looks like this:

Sept 2 (week 1): Open
Sept 9: Holy Cross
Sept 16: @ Virginia
Oct 28: Missouri
Nov 18: Boston College

2017 UConn Huskies Football Schedule

would it be possible we move the Holy Cross game to week 1 and try to get Navy or someone in its place for week 2? We've played them early the past couple of seasons but I would think playing Navy week 1 would allow for extra prep for the triple option

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Anything is possible but will need HC to move their game with Albany.

2017 Notes

Holy Cross will open the 2017 season against Albany on September 2 and plays notable road games on September 9 against UConn and October 14 against Yale.

Reaction Score
The series Warde agreed to with Holy Cross always boggled my mind. If and this is a BIG if...UConn gets into the B-12 I can see that series being cancelled or cut short after 1 game. If you thought the Fordham game was a blowout...wait till this game.

Drew

Reaction Score
FIU out of C-USA has an open date on the 2nd in 2017...

problem is we already have all 4 OOC dates scheduled. Holy Cross, @ UVA, Missouri, Boston College

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Ohhhh... got it. Interesting to open up against an in-conference foe.
problem is we already have all 4 OOC dates scheduled. Holy Cross, @ UVA, Missouri, Boston College

Reaction Score
and if by any chance we do get an invite to start next season, that OOC schedule with the new Conf schedule would be pretty damn good IMO

Drew

Reaction Score
so why can't we just have a bye in week one, not desirable but not unheard of

you want your bye week to fall in the middle of the season ideally as there is a lot of wear and tear that takes its affect on a team as the season takes place. We only get 1 bye week during the year so if its the opening week of the season we are playing for 12 weeks straight. Not exactly ideal by any means

Reaction Score
you want your bye week to fall in the middle of the season ideally as there is a lot of wear and tear that takes its affect on a team as the season takes place. We only get 1 bye week during the year so if its the opening week of the season we are playing for 12 weeks straight. Not exactly ideal by any means

Yes, that's the not desirable part I mentioned, just didn't feel the need to spell out the obvious. And the number of open dates depends on the year, for instance take a look at 2014 we had two open dates, and speaking of which Cincinnati that same year opened the season on Sept. 20th, they had two open dates to start the season. It can be done if you don't want to open in conference.

Drew

Reaction Score
Yes, that's the not desirable part I mentioned, just didn't feel the need to spell out the obvious. And the number of open dates depends on the year, for instance take a look at 2014 we had two open dates, and speaking of which Cincinnati that same year opened the season on Sept. 20th, they had two open dates to start the season. It can be done if you don't want to open in conference.

2014 there was 2 bye weeks because there was no AAC championship game. There will only be 1 bye week going forward as that last week is reserved for the CCG. Cinci fans were IRATE about that awful scheduling too. The last thing you want to do to a fan base is delay the start of your season. Obviously I'm saying UConn CAN do it- but why would they really want to? Need to try to move the HC game to week 1 or just suck it up and play a conference game in week 1

Reaction Score
yeah either way, I hate bye weeks anyway, I feel for the guys needing a break but as a fan I would rather push the slow moving foursome out of the way so I can just play through so to speak.

Drew

Reaction Score
After looking at the future AAC schedules, it appears we might get the ConFLiCT in week 1 next season. UCF has no game scheduled on 9/2 right now but does have a TBA date against FIU that is currently still in limbo. What a way to start the 2017 season

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
It won't matter becuase we'll be in the Big 12 by then and have our NEW "rivals"- the Texas Longhorns... The greatest East/West rivalry game in college football. (Name still to come...)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
After looking at the future AAC schedules, it appears we might get the ConFLiCT in week 1 next season. UCF has no game scheduled on 9/2 right now but does have a TBA date against FIU that is currently still in limbo. What a way to start the 2017 season

I'd be okay with an OOC ConFLiCT week 1 instead of some FCS team...

Reaction Score
What's the big deal about playing a conference opponent in week 1? The way everyone talks about the AAC around here it may as well be a OOC game. Until it's the ACC or B1G no one is going to be happy anyways so just play the game(hopefully against the only ranked team in the AAC because maybe, just maybe folks will show up), get a jump on the division lead and march on.

Go Huskies!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It won't matter becuase we'll be in the Big 12 by then and have our NEW "rivals"- the Texas Longhorns... The greatest East/West rivalry game in college football. (Name still to come...)
The name is easy, the Austin Bowl. Moses Austin (Stephen F Austin's father) was born & raised in Connecticut and Stephen F Austin (who UT's residence was named after) was educated in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
The series Warde agreed to with Holy Cross always boggled my mind. If and this is a BIG if...UConn gets into the B-12 I can see that series being cancelled or cut short after 1 game. If you thought the Fordham game was a blowout...wait till this game.

I understand what you are saying. The P5, (B1G in particular) is shying away from playing FCS teams. Just out of curiosity I checked a few of the mighty SEC teams 2017 schedules and found:

Auburn vs. Mercer
South Carolina vs. Wofferd
Tenn vs. Indiana State
Missouri vs. Missouri State

I am sure we could find many more who are playing cupcakes. The scary thing is losing to the FCS hurts. Still want to forget the 33-18 loss to Towson 2013 and the near losses to Nova and Stonybrook the last two years.

Strength of schedule is important but playing VA, Missouri and BC next year should
tell the powers that be how far the program has come.

Reaction Score
FBSchedules.com@FBSchedules 2 mins ago
UConn has moved their 2017 season-opener vs. Holy Cross from Sept. 9 to Thursday, Aug. 31, per their official website.

2017 HOLY CROSS FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Location
Aug. 31 at Connecticut Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn.
Sept. 9 at Bucknell * Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium, Lewisburg, Pa.

9/9 is now listed as TBA for UConn.

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
FBSchedules.com@FBSchedules 2 mins ago
UConn has moved their 2017 season-opener vs. Holy Cross from Sept. 9 to Thursday, Aug. 31, per their official website.

2017 HOLY CROSS FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Location
Aug. 31 at Connecticut Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn.
Sept. 9 at Bucknell * Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium, Lewisburg, Pa.

9/9 is now listed as TBA for UConn.

Just guessing here but I think its pretty likely we host Memphis week 2 next season now. Only conference opponent with 9/9 available and were already full in the non-con

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom