2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Football Earns 6 All-Conference Honors & Defensive Player of the Year

Defensive Player of the Year - DL – Dallas Hobbs
1st Team Defense - DL – Dallas Hobbs
All New England - DL – Dallas Hobbs

Has picked up other offers from Army, Toledo, Dartmouth, Lafayette in addition to Fordham and Holy Cross from above.

NEPSAC All New England Teams (Besides Hobbs on Class A - UConn '17 DE commit Jake Byczko is All New England Class B. Other Class A selections: QB Nick Henkel '18 holds a UConn offer as do T.Black, '17, ND Commit C.J Holmes '17 and BC Commit Hunter Long '17)

@UConn07 with a convo w/ Dallas Hobbs about UConn visit this weekend: DE Target Dallas Hobbs Enjoying East Coast Life – This is UConn Country

Reaction Score
Official visit to UConn this weekend

>>Deerfield (Ill.) senior three star ranked defensive end recruit Josh Maize (6-foot-4, 230 pounds) will make his first official visit this weekend to UConn. Maize resets his visit plans and more in this latest recruiting story.<<

>>Maize gave us a preview of what he's looking forward to this weekend on his official visit to UConn. "I'm just looking forward to seeing the campus and the surrounding area. I've never been out East before so I want to see what UConn has to offer. I'm also looking forward to getting to know the coaches and the guys on the team. UConn also is supposed to have great facilities and I'm excited to see the different facilities along with the overall environment at UConn."<<

Shaping up to me a big weekend.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time in at least a while that a recruit has said something to the effect of "UConn has this good thing at their school" instead of "I don't know much about the school, I'm going to learn on the visit".....at least it seems we're doing a good job branding ourselves to recruits

Reaction Score
Upcoming weekend visits:

Joshua Maize (DE/LB)
Dallas Hobbs (DE/TE)
???
???

NCAA 30 day dead period goes into effect Sunday @ midnight (12/12/16 through 01/11/17). During the dead period coaches may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes/parents/guardians, and can't watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write/text/telephone student-athletes or their parents/guardians during a dead period.)

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Upcoming weekend visits:

Joshua Maize (DE/LB)
Dallas Hobbs (DE/TE)
Joshua Johnson (DE)
???
???

NCAA 30 day dead period goes into effect Sunday @ midnight (12/12/16 through 01/11/17). During the dead period coaches may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes/parents/guardians, and can't watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write/text/telephone student-athletes or their parents/guardians during a dead period.)

KRJ_586:53pm via Twitter for iPhone
Taking an official visit up to UCONN this week @UConnFootball

Joshua Johnson is a 6-5 240lb DE from Peachtree Ridge High School in Suwanee Georgia.
Josh Johnson highlights -

Reaction Score
FARGO ‏@_ChrisChuk1 29m 29 minutes ago
thank you @CoachVBrown59 and Coach Diaco for stopping by the house today. #HuskyPack

Alex Gleitman ‏@alexgleitman Dec 7
2017 RB/DB @_ChrisChuk1 tells me he has decommitted from #Villanova, re-opens recruitment

Chris Chukwuneke is a 6-0 185ib RB/DB from St. John Vianney High School. Former Villanova commit.
Chris Chukwuneke highlights -
Need playmaker. We have big bodies, where are the guys who can turn a short play into a long td? Newsome the only proven commodity

Reaction Score
FARGO ‏@_ChrisChuk1 29m 29 minutes ago
thank you @CoachVBrown59 and Coach Diaco for stopping by the house today. #HuskyPack

Alex Gleitman ‏@alexgleitman Dec 7
2017 RB/DB @_ChrisChuk1 tells me he has decommitted from #Villanova, re-opens recruitment

Chris Chukwuneke is a 6-0 185ib RB/DB from St. John Vianney High School. Former Villanova commit.
Chris Chukwuneke highlights -
I love the way he reads his blocks, didn't seem extremely fast, but seems to be a solid rb

Reaction Score
I love the way he reads his blocks, didn't seem extremely fast, but seems to be a solid rb

I haven't looked to cross reference times to a track site for him but FWIW the article above had a blurb that said: "He's fast, reportedly carrying a 4.45 time in the 40-yard dash and was a sprinter, long-jump and triple-jumper for the track team as well." No clue as to accuracy.

Reaction Score
Diaco looking at speed instead of physical prototypes for a change...methinks this is a good thing.
Amen... we need football players.. instincts over braun ... no Mike Mamula clones

Reaction Score

Jordan Scott@Jordan1Scott 1 hour ago · Linden
Blessed to receive an offer from Uconn

Jordan Scott is a 5-6 163lb/(5-7 150lb)"Athlete" from St Joseph Regional High School in Montvale, NJ. University of Rhode Island, Stetson, Gannon University

Interesting article from back in June from Todd Hunt who covers New Jersey High School recruiting and was @ the N.J. Select Football Showcase.

>>Fastest 40-yard dash - The fastest 40-yard dash time went to St. Joseph (Mont.) athlete Jordan Scott, a 5-7, 150-pound junior, originally out of Linden, N.J. "That kid Jordan Scott, man -- holy cow -- 4.367 on the laser," said Todd Smith. "That's probably one of the fastest high school times I've ever seen in my life. If you ran sub 4.5 on the hand time, we sent you over to the laser to get a real laser time on you. So I guess he ran some obnoxious hand time and they were like you've got to go over to the laser. And then he went over to the laser and he ran 4.367."<<

Reaction Score
KM³@artofkm 1 hour ago
Great to see coach Cummings from uconn again & Glad to see coach Picucci from UMaine as well. Looking forward to the visit in January.

KM³@artofkm 17 mins ago
Humbled & blessed to receive a preferred walk on offer from the University of Michigan!#GoBlue

Other current offers from Bryant and Kentucky Christian.

Reaction Score
Football Earns 6 All-Conference Honors & Defensive Player of the Year

Defensive Player of the Year - DL – Dallas Hobbs
1st Team Defense - DL – Dallas Hobbs
All New England - DL – Dallas Hobbs

Has picked up other offers from Army, Toledo, Dartmouth, Lafayette in addition to Fordham and Holy Cross from above.

NEPSAC All New England Teams (Besides Hobbs on Class A - UConn '17 DE commit Jake Byczko is All New England Class B. Other Class A selections: QB Nick Henkel '18 holds a UConn offer as do T.Black, '17, ND Commit C.J Holmes '17 and BC Commit Hunter Long '17)

Inside The Huddle MA@IThuddleMA 5 hours ago
Congratulations to @Dhobbs92 on ITHMA Prep Defensive Player of the Year
ITHMA 2016 Prep School Players Of The Year (12/9/16)…

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wish we had a center and another QB visiting. We need to bring in two HS QBs and a transfer and/or JC QB. Three in total.

Of the OLineman - I really like Van Demark and Homles, I could see both being starters earlier in their careers. Tunstall is more of a project and Hubbard somewhere in between. We need bodies, so take them all.

PS - who is playing OT next year for us?

Reaction Score
JLove ‏@_jlovett7 2h 2 hours ago
Beyond Blessed to receive an offer from Uconn

Johnathan Lovett is a 6-1 194lb RB/SS from Cherokee High School in Marlton NJ. Other offers from Iowa, Maryland, Penn State, BC, Temple, Monmouth, ODU.

Highlights
View attachment 17259

FOOTBALL: All-South Jersey Offense

>>John Lovett, Cherokee, Sr., A-P: Led Chiefs in rushing with 1,359 yards and 23 TDs on 179 carries … Had 15 catches for 238 yards, TD … Had 26 total TDs … Ran for 173 yards and five TDs in final game against Seneca … Also standout defensive back with 38 tackles.<<

Reaction Score
FOOTBALL: All-South Jersey Offense

>>John Lovett, Cherokee, Sr., A-P: Led Chiefs in rushing with 1,359 yards and 23 TDs on 179 carries … Had 15 catches for 238 yards, TD … Had 26 total TDs … Ran for 173 yards and five TDs in final game against Seneca … Also standout defensive back with 38 tackles.<<

Like him at Strong Safety for us. would be a solid pick up imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom