2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This guy is a man among boys. A freakin human bulldozer. Sign him up!
kid looks like a potential day 1 starter... at least he looks that way.. We are clearly recruiting a little better this time around.. Hopefully this kid becomes one of the gems of the 2017 class.

Reaction Score
kid looks like a potential day 1 starter... at least he looks that way.. We are clearly recruiting a little better this time around.. Hopefully this kid becomes one of the gems of the 2017 class.

From the video I still have one question that went unanswered. It's a biggie....care to venture a guess? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
From the video I still have one question that went unanswered. It's a biggie....care to venture a guess? :rolleyes:
the biggest thing I see about his highlight is that he's twice as big as everybody he went up against.

I remember years ago, my little cousin, who's about the same height but a little heavier than me ( he was 5'7 200lbs approx.) played NG for Brien McMahon HS. He went up against Greenwich HS all everything OL, now Minnesota Viking vet John Sullivan... He used to tell me how big Sullivan was over him, but also how technique can keep you in the play regardless of size..

this brings me back to Ted Field.. He makes me think about what my cousin told me, BUT, Field appears to be a little stronger than Sullivan might've been at that time.. He's squashing every dude he goes up against in the highlight tape..

Is that because he's so much bigger and he's strong as an Ox than his opponents, or the opponents just aren't that good? or both? (Probably both)

Reaction Score
the biggest thing I see about his highlight is that he's twice as big as everybody he went up against.

I remember years ago, my little cousin, who's about the same height but a little heavier than me ( he was 5'7 200lbs approx.) played NG for Brien McMahon HS. He went up against Greenwich HS all everything OL, now Minnesota Viking vet John Sullivan... He used to tell me how big Sullivan was over him, but also how technique can keep you in the play regardless of size..

this brings me back to Ted Field.. He makes me think about what my cousin told me, BUT, Field appears to be a little stronger than Sullivan might've been at that time.. He's squashing every dude he goes up against in the highlight tape..

Is that because he's so much bigger and he's strong as an Ox than his opponents, or the opponents just aren't that good? or both? (Probably both)

I'm thinking that seeing that every highlight was from a running play, his run oriented offense might not prepare him for college pass blocking.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that seeing that every highlight was from a running play, his run oriented offense might not prepare him for college pass blocking.
Gotcha.. I definitely see that missing..

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Darian Street. Final three is us, Pitt, and Kent State. I'd say its between us and Pitt with Pitt having the advantage.

Is this Devin Street's brother? If so, that makes a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we surprise and Darian ends up in Storrs... I'm sure our new WR coach has got him overly intrigued about us... with that history of producing NFL caliber WRs over the years... Remember, Pitt's coaching staff is nothing like the one his brother was a part of.. I like our chances a lot with him...

Reaction Score
_Roya1_One 12:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
Blessed to receive an offer from UConn #Blessingsonblessings @ShawnBRivals @njrivals1

Matt_Vender 12:33pm via Twitter for iPhone
Temple target and William Penn (DE) DB/WR Zachariah Burton adds an offer from UConn.

Zachariah Burton is a 6-0 180lb CB/WR from William Penn High School in New Castle Delaware. Other offers from Temple, Delaware and Delaware State.

salinterdonato 10:41am via Twitter for iPhone
Penn (Del.) DB Zach Burton (@_Roya1_One) tweets he's received offer from #ArmyFootball. Burton's offers include Rutgers, Virginia & UConn.

Reaction Score
Darian Street. Final three is us, Pitt, and Kent State. I'd say its between us and Pitt with Pitt having the advantage.

Darian's a solid prospect. He desperately wanted a PSU Offer, but one was not coming. Word out of the area is it will be Pitt. Personally I hope you guys get him, as I hate seeing any kid throw away 4 years playing for 40,000 empty yellow seats.

Reaction Score
Darian's a solid prospect. He desperately wanted a PSU Offer, but one was not coming. Word out of the area is it will be Pitt. Personally I hope you guys get him, as I hate seeing any kid throw away 4 years playing for 40,000 empty yellow seats.

I missed Pitt bashing. Thank you for that.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
MJ Jarrell committed to Maryland yesterday.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Curtis Harper has trimmed his list to 10 schools. Pretty good company here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads