2017 Commit #8 - Max Cummins (Ft Worth Texas) Decommited. | The Boneyard

2017 Commit #8 - Max Cummins (Ft Worth Texas) Decommited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Max Cummins ‏@MaxCummins40 22m 20 mins ago
I am so blessed to say that I have verbally committed to play football at UCONN! #huskies#bleedblue

20.jpg

Max is a 6-6 250lb DE/DT from All Saints Episcopal School in Ft Worth Texas. Other offers from Army, Brown, Columbia, Houston Baptist, Liberty and Tennessee Tech.

Senior Season Highlights

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From a Texas based recruiting site:

Athletic Accomplishments

This dominant 2017 grad is a defensive line standout at All Saints Episcopal School, competing in tough SPC private school play in the DFW area. Before transferring to All Saints, Max was a 3 year varsity starter at St. Andrew's Episcopal in Austin, TX. A varsity MLB starter as only a freshman, he started both ways for the Crusaders at TE & DE as a soph and spent some time at OLB. Again a 2 way starter as a junior, he was the team leader in sacks and earned the Statesman's Game Ball. Now a senior, Max has been dominant at each position along the defensive line at his new school, and helped lead his All Saints squad to their second consecutive SBC Football Championship!

Athletic Statistics
Standing 6'6"-246lbs as a senior, this complete package combines his tall frame with his 327lb bench & 500lb squat strengths with his 4.8/40yd speed, 4.16/20yd shuttle speed and 7.05/3-cone speed to certainly have all the tools for the next level. Through 10 games as a senior including their Conference/State Championship, Max recorded 72 tackles, which ranks him as the #2 tackler on his team & #2 in the SPC Conference. He was also credited with 7 TFL's, 5.5 sacks, 3 PBU's and 2 forced fumbles. As a junior from his TE position, Max averaged 14.5yds a catch on 19 receptions for 290yds & 3 TD's. At defensive end, he recorded 61 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 25 TFL's, 5 forced fumbles and 1 recovered.

10 yard dash: 1.66 seconds
60 yard shuttle: 4.21 seconds
Deadlift: 477lbs
Broad Jump: 9' 5"

Reaction Score

Athletic Accomplishments

This dominant 2017 grad is a defensive line standout at All Saints Episcopal School, competing in tough SPC private school play in the DFW area. Before transferring to All Saints, Max was a 3 year varsity starter at St. Andrew's Episcopal in Austin, TX. A varsity MLB starter as only a freshman, he started both ways for the Crusaders at TE & DE as a soph and spent some time at OLB. Again a 2 way starter as a junior, he was the team leader in sacks and earned the Statesman's Game Ball. Now a senior, Max has been dominant at each position along the defensive line at his new school, and helped lead his All Saints squad to their second consecutive SBC Football Championship!

Athletic Statistics
Standing 6'6"-246lbs as a senior, this complete package combines his tall frame with his 327lb bench & 500lb squat strengths with his 4.8/40yd speed, 4.16/20yd shuttle speed and 7.05/3-cone speed to certainly have all the tools for the next level. Through 10 games as a senior including their Conference/State Championship, Max recorded 72 tackles, which ranks him as the #2 tackler on his team & #2 in the SPC Conference. He was also credited with 7 TFL's, 5.5 sacks, 3 PBU's and 2 forced fumbles. As a junior from his TE position, Max averaged 14.5yds a catch on 19 receptions for 290yds & 3 TD's. At defensive end, he recorded 61 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 25 TFL's, 5 forced fumbles and 1 recovered.

Okay I'm impressed open up the Texas recruiting awesome

Reaction Score

Athletic Accomplishments

Athletic Statistics

A sub 5.0 40-time, at his size is impressive.

Reaction Score
Welcome Max!! Bring some Texas Football with you and How about a few more of your buddies!!! Let's build smoothing special!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
While it isn't something we've seen from Diaco (although RE on occasion would do it) I would like the plan for this kid (and Brouse from last year's recruiting class) to bulk up to 285 or so and move inside to DT. To do so we would also need to commit to a four man front, which I personally believe would allow us to better utilize our hybrid DE/LB (as full time defensive ends).

Reaction Score
While it isn't something we've seen from Diaco (although RE on occasion would do it) I would like the plan for this kid (and Brouse from last year's recruiting class) to bulk up to 285 or so and move inside to DT. To do so we would also need to commit to a four man front, which I personally believe would allow us to better utilize our hybrid DE/LB (as full time defensive ends).
Tom even at 10 lbs he fits the mold to be a weak side DE in a 4 man front that will be tough to handle because of his speed. Same position Carrezola should be lined up at all the time.

Reaction Score
We need to get faster at DE, Diaco better smarten up. Nice to see a Texas commit.

Reaction Score

Athletic Accomplishments

Athletic Statistics

Still growing...

Max Cummins ‏@MaxCummins40 8m8 minutes ago
Reached the 255lb mark today that's close to 35lbs in 2016 #bleedblue #huskyup

Reaction Score
You have to develop talent at our recruiting level. If this were hockey, this kid would be off to juniors for 1 or 2 years. You want to get to the point where your starters are mostly 4th and 5th year players ideally. This recruit with his speed could develop into a very good player by his redshirt junior year.

Reaction Score
Every time I see one of these now, my thought goes to something bad, like I'm going to decommitt or go to Temple or
no one called me. Welcome MAX, you will enjoy Storrs!!

Reaction Score
Max Cummins ‏@MaxCummins40 22m 20 mins ago
I am so blessed to say that I have verbally committed to play football at UCONN! #huskies#bleedblue

View attachment 17585

Max is a 6-6 250lb DE/DT from All Saints Episcopal School in Ft Worth Texas. Other offers from Army, Brown, Columbia, Houston Baptist, Liberty and Tennessee Tech.

Senior Season Highlights

Looking at this picture its amazing to think that Diaco played LB in The B1G. Cummins is a big kid, but he looks tiny in comparison standing next to him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well that's a bummer. I wonder which way the cookie crumbled here. He's an intriguing player, but we do have a lot of tall DE/TE hybrid guys and fewer guys built like Fatusaki, Myers, Marian and Campenni for interior Dline than we should have.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Also, looks to have happened just as he received a scholly from U of H. Prob going there. Can't blame him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom