2017 Commit #4- Ryan Dickens (Hazlet, NJ) - Decommitted | The Boneyard

2017 Commit #4- Ryan Dickens (Hazlet, NJ) - Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ryan Dickens is a 6-2 210 LB/FB/LS from Raritan High School in Hazlett NJ. Other offers currently from Cornell and Monmouth. Also a wrestler @ 195lbs.

Reaction Score
I believe he is going to be a linebacker for us but he also plays fullback.

Hudl: Ryan Dickens' Highlights

Listed here as 6'2 210 but the 4.9 40 scares me a little
With that 40 time IMHO he is coming here to play that last position listed in his bio..Long Snapper

Reaction Score
With that 40 time IMHO he is coming here to play that last position listed in his bio..Long Snapper
Many high school kids don't know how to run the 40. Ignore that time. He plays plenty fast to be a LB. One thing is certain, somebody taught that kid to wrap up when making a tackle.

Can you imagine Tyler Matakevich's 40 time as a high school junior?

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Arkeel Newsome ran a 4.7 at some point. The 40 is kinda dumb, especially for a LB. maybe he will be an LS though--diaco seems to recruit that position hard

Reaction Score
Many high school kids don't know how to run the 40. Ignore that time. He plays plenty fast to be a LB. One thing is certain, somebody taught that kid to wrap up when making a tackle.

Can you imagine Tyler Matakevich's 40 time as a high school junior?

Forget HS - He ran a 4.81 @ the NFL Combine ;)

Reaction Score
Raritan's Dickens commits to UConn - Shore Sports Zone

maxresdefault-610x343.jpg

"Dickens ranked 5th in the Shore Conference with 127 tackles, 75 of them were solo. He helped the Rockets win a Central Jersey Group 2 state championship. Raritan was 3-5, but rolled off four consecutive victories to win an unlikely championship. In addition to his defense duties, Dickens was an invaluable blocking fullback for Derek Ernst and will be a key senior leader for coach Anthony Petruzzi’s team in 2016."

Reaction Score
A kid that age with that size running a 4.9 if actually pretty good. Nothing to suggest he does not have the skills to be a good LB or FB.

The fiction that is the 4.4 40 on the recruiting websites is borderline comical.
Well said!

Reaction Score
A little? They beat out Monmouth for him, that part doesn't?

Would it make you feel better if later some better known program tries to lure him away and he sticks with us? Kid has a way of getting to the ball carrier and has decent size and good form tackling and the coaches offered, until the coaches have a run of bad recruiting I think they get the nod when it comes to judging the talent.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
As always, I love multi-sport people. Love lineman that wrestle. That means they underastand leverage and balance. and have that upper body strength to fight through other lineman. I also love speed position players that also do track.
Welcome Ryan.

Reaction Score
Looks so much like Matakavich's film.... slightly lanky/underweight, a little slow sideline to sideline, but patient and waits for the play to develop in front of him before just crushing the gap. I wish I could find some Bobby Diaco highlight tapes from Iowa/Cedar grove, $5 says it's like watching the same player.

Reaction Score
Of course it would.
Well then good thing he's still a junior and there's 8 months left of the recruiting year so he can get a better offer to make people feel better! Because that's just as likely to happen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well then good thing he's still a junior and there's 8 months left of the recruiting year so he can get a better offer to make people feel better! Because that's just as likely to happen.

That would be excellent because it turns out Cornell and Monmoth would be pretty bad AAC teams.

Reaction Score
That would be excellent because it turns out Cornell and Monmoth would be pretty bad AAC teams.
I'll trust my eyes and the opinion of the coaches and let you two worry about his offers

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll trust my eyes and the opinion of the coaches and let you two worry about his offers

I'll trust the combined opinion of FBS coaches over your eyes.

If you don't think offers matter that's nice - but it's completely divorced from reality.

Reactions: APA
Reaction Score
Last I checked our coaches are FBS level. You're saying he's done getting offers, I know you like to come off like you know everything but even the great whaler doesn't know that, and quite frankly at this stage of the recruiting year is a pretty stupid position to take. Welcome aboard Ryan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom