2017 Commit #1 - Jordan McAfee (Everett MA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 Commit #1 - Jordan McAfee (Everett MA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
How many games this did BC win last season?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Forgot to add originally. Welcome Jordan! Can't wait to see you at UConn!

Reaction Score
Welcome Jordan!

Not saying he is the next Cam Newton, but he plays with a lot of the same swagger. His game looks very similar to Newton's. Good looking athlete with good size and arm strength.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
@JMick said above there is a definite trend in the type of QB Diaco is going after.

Somedays it feels like Diaco is running a fantasy football team in a league where you start four quarterbacks.[/QUOTE]

The one thing throughout the Edsall and Coach P years we lacked was depth at QB. We could never red shirt because we always needed them. Now we have the chance to see these kids develop over time. He has the raw tools to play QB or move to another position. Two years of growth (1 HS and 1 RS) will give this kids a chance to shine.

Reaction Score
Dual threat QBs are absolutely the way to go for college programs like UCONN imho. Dan Os come along very infrequently, much less frequently than kids that are good athletes and can provide a valuable dynamic to the offense.

Reaction Score
Thanks I am now enlightened :D

From the recruiting forum....it didn't take long. :rolleyes:

BCeagles24
For what it's worth he couldn't have committed to BC but I don't think that's really much to do with his talent as it is the coaching changes on offense. Loeffler has different guys he wants versus what Fitch had. I know he had some struggles last season but I believe he had mono so that would explain a lot of them. He's pretty raw but there's a really high upside to this kid. Nice pickup.

BCeagles24, Yesterday at 9:07 PMReport
#206LikeReply

Reaction Score
@JMick said above there is a definite trend in the type of QB Diaco is going after.

Somedays it feels like Diaco is running a fantasy football team in a league where you start four quarterbacks.[/QUOTE]

They may be needed if he is going to run these guys.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Somedays it feels like Diaco is running a fantasy football team in a league where you start four quarterbacks.

You need a good one and in our end of the recruiting pool every recruit is like the proverbial box of chocolates. No problem grabbing at least one every class until we find a 3/4 year starter.

Also, with our QB bar so low you'd think a good one would clearly separate themselves in practice. If no one is challenging Sherriffs, then that is not a good sign. BS, has a ton of good qualities, but he doesn't throw the ball as well as we might like. Maybe that's on the line, but our offense was horrible again last season if only less horrible than in the recent past.

I swear the next UConn QB who puts up 25 TD with under 8 INT, is going to get a statue outside PAWS-ARF.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You need a good one and in our end of the recruiting pool every recruit is like the proverbial box of chocolates. No problem grabbing at least one every class until we find a 3/4 year starter.

Also, with our QB bar so low you'd think a good one would clearly separate themselves in practice. If no one is challenging Sherriffs, then that is not a good sign. BS, has a ton of good qualities, but he doesn't throw the ball as well as we might like. Maybe that's on the line, but our offense was horrible again last season if only less horrible than in the recent past.

I swear the next UConn QB who puts up 25 TD with under 8 INT, is going to get a statue outside PAWS-ARF.

I should have added a :). I was just joking. Everyone can stop replying now...

Reaction Score
From the recruiting forum....it didn't take long. :rolleyes:

BCeagles24
For what it's worth he couldn't have committed to BC but I don't think that's really much to do with his talent as it is the coaching changes on offense. Loeffler has different guys he wants versus what Fitch had. I know he had some struggles last season but I believe he had mono so that would explain a lot of them. He's pretty raw but there's a really high upside to this kid. Nice pickup.

BCeagles24, Yesterday at 9:07 PMReport
#206LikeReply

The only thing missing is Farrel offering free subscriptions if McAfee throw for 2000 yards by his senior season ....

Reaction Score
Welcome to Husky Nation!

Love the arm and in the videos squeezes the ball in tight spaces.

Reaction Score
By no means an expert here. 90% of what I see I really like. Maybe a football expert can explain, but is it me or does he short arm the ball? Again, I have no clue when it comes to QB mechanics but just something that kept coming to mind as I watched.

Also, I understand these are standard recruiting videos, but the other thing that stood out is his size. By the 4th highlight I was like, "OK, we don't need the freeze frame with the arrow, we know who he is."

Reaction Score
By no means an expert here. 90% of what I see I really like. Maybe a football expert can explain, but is it me or does he short arm the ball? Again, I have no clue when it comes to QB mechanics but just something that kept coming to mind as I watched.

Also, I understand these are standard recruiting videos, but the other thing that stood out is his size. By the 4th highlight I was like, "OK, we don't need the freeze frame with the arrow, we know who he is."
No! That is a strong arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger