2016er to Stanford | The Boneyard

2016er to Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hasnt even started her soph year! Crazy.

Anna Wilson (5-8 PG Richmond)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She's the sister of Seattle Seahawks QBack Russell Wilson. She'll probably be rated the top pg in the 2016 class and one of the best players in the class. Picking a west coast team is surprising in that she one said she saw herself as an ACC type player (close to home/family) or possibly the B1G (Maryland in early pursuit). Maybe her brother being in Seattle made her feel more comfortable going so far from home.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was unaware someone so young could commit to Stanford? Don't they have to be admitted? Or do they think that her grades are on track for acceptance?

Reaction Score
I was unaware someone so young could commit to Stanford? Don't they have to be admitted? Or do they think that her grades are on track for acceptance?

A verbal is a just a verbal -- either side can back out at any time. Every school ... well except in the SEC ... has some level of academic standards. I imagine if a UConn commit started getting Ds in all her courses, Geno and the Admission Dept would start rethinking the verbal.

I'm sure Stanford has evaluated her academic progress so far + perhaps a PSAT, and indicated whether she seems on track.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A verbal is a just a verbal -- either side can back out at any time. Every school ... well except in the SEC ... has some level of academic standards. I imagine if a UConn commit started getting Ds in all her courses, Geno and the Admission Dept would start rethinking the verbal.

I'm sure Stanford has evaluated her academic progress so far + perhaps a PSAT, and indicated whether she seems on track.

Well Vandy has standards..... I think.....

Reaction Score
Hasnt even started her soph year! Crazy.

2016 Anna Wilson (5-8 PG Richmond)

Hold on here...some programs who think they are still elite are still haven't trouble filling their 2014 class. Recruits, please slow down or some teams (who wear Orange) are going to get left behind!

Reaction Score
Article about her here.

Interesting, she said she saw herself as an ACC or maybe Big 10 player. Wonder what changed.

Collegiate High School is a very prestigious private school, known for their academics. Plus her father went to Dartmouth so, I suppose education was a pretty big factor.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The NFL being the NFL, her brother may well not BE in Seattle four years from now.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Article about her here.

Interesting, she said she saw herself as an ACC or maybe Big 10 player. Wonder what changed.

Collegiate High School is a very prestigious private school, known for their academics. Plus her father went to Dartmouth so, I suppose education was a pretty big factor.

I was wondering how Stanford admissions worked this as she is just a sophomore. Maybe some of our west coast friends can chime in on the topic.

Reaction Score
I was wondering how Stanford admissions worked this as she is just a sophomore. Maybe some of our west coast friends can chime in on the topic.

again, a verbal commitment means nothing. If, and when she signs a LOI, I am sure Wilson will have been admitted . I am sure there are academic guidelines of what she must do in the meantime to be admitted.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Article about her here.

Perhaps she figures by the time that she enrolls... Stanford will be a member of either the ACC or Big 10 :p

Reaction Score
She has verballed, she will still have to take an admittance test for Stanford if she already hasn't. One of the top 2016 players in the country, a USA Bball invitee, dominates AAU but played on the U15 circuit not the top level, however many of the top players have opted not to play on the top level until their later years. She's a reclass and former 2015 if that matters at all. Pure pg with very good IQ and vision, good handles and a nice stroke. Thought to be a lock for USA 16 but was a surprise cut. She definitely has a plan to her verbal and a good twitter follow. Went on a tour of top college elite camps in June and I believe got offered by each school.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score

This is a surprise that it was even announced. For most Stanford sports, verbals have come as early as sophomore year. However, for TVD's teams, they usually like to wait until they have been admitted first to publicly announce. Not sure what has changed in the policy... But this is some good news for Stanford!

Reaction Score
She has verballed, she will still have to take an admittance test for Stanford if she already hasn't. One of the top 2016 players in the country, a USA Bball invitee, dominates AAU but played on the U15 circuit not the top level, however many of the top players have opted not to play on the top level until their later years. She's a reclass and former 2015 if that matters at all. Pure pg with very good IQ and vision, good handles and a nice stroke. Thought to be a lock for USA 16 but was a surprise cut. She definitely has a plan to her verbal and a good twitter follow. Went on a tour of top college elite camps in June and I believe got offered by each school.

Good player never a lock for the USA team obviously, has a lot to work on, reclassed 2 years ago so as to not have to compete with the 2015 class, then basically played a year down and did not dominate she has talent but let's not lose our heads she has never been challenged, Stanford is a good place for her she fits there playing style

Got this from a very respectable national scout

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I agree,a verbal is only a verbal.I wish,though,that the powers that be would make a new rule,that verbals cannot be given before the sophomore high school year.Sometimes I cannot make up my mind completely on what I will eat that day,and I am a senior over 50.I cannot imagine any girl 14 or 15 could make a decision about college any better.

Reaction Score
I agree,a verbal is only a verbal.I wish,though,that the powers that be would make a new rule,that verbals cannot be given before the sophomore high school year.

How could you make such a rule? A verbal is just a statement, there is nothing binding or official about it.
It would amount to regulating free speech.

Reaction Score
Good player never a lock for the USA team obviously, has a lot to work on, reclassed 2 years ago so as to not have to compete with the 2015 class, then basically played a year down and did not dominate she has talent but let's not lose our heads she has never been challenged, Stanford is a good place for her she fits there playing style

I would like to think I was a very respectable national scout, maybe not.

Reaction Score
Maybe you are,

The Stanford team was told "we know there are reports on the Internet but Stanford's admissions policy has not changed"

Reaction Score

Did not dominate is a huge understatement. This is a serious stretch for Stanford at this point. Not sure what they are going after here.. maybe name recognition from her Brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom