2016 UConn Football Game Day Experience Changes | The Boneyard

2016 UConn Football Game Day Experience Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

For those with no twitter, a recap:

tailgating hours now extended from 4 hours before to 5 hours before the game. I wonder if this means season ticket holders get 6 hours to tailgate?

shuttles for students to/from campus are now FREE (thank the Lord)

ALL incoming freshmen get free tickets to the football games (another great move)

Concession prices for hot dogs and waters have been moved from $5 ea to $3 ea -- noted it was too high in price for a college game

Students can drive to The Rent and park there at a reduced rate-- next to the shuttles so all students are in one area

Be in your seats for kickoff

Man this guy just gets it. Having a football focused AD is going to do wonders for this program. I hope this leads to more crowds not just now but in the future too as these kids get older.

Reaction Score
He definitely gets it. Some nice changes. If this means we won't have to deal with parking lot attendants for the first hour, I'll drink to that!

Reaction Score
He definitely gets it. Some nice changes. If this means we won't have to deal with parking lot attendants for the first hour, I'll drink to that!

Anything involving the Dairy Bar is happy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
But he's not screaming and begging for the B12 to take us, so obviously he's doing a crappy job overall. /s

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

For those with no twitter, a recap:

tailgating hours now extended from 4 hours before to 5 hours before the game. I wonder if this means season ticket holders get 6 hours to tailgate?

shuttles for students to/from campus are now FREE (thank the Lord)

ALL incoming freshmen get free tickets to the football games (another great move)

Concession prices for hot dogs and waters have been moved from $5 ea to $3 ea -- noted it was too high in price for a college game

Students can drive to The Rent and park there at a reduced rate-- next to the shuttles so all students are in one area

Be in your seats for kickoff

Man this guy just gets it. Having a football focused AD is going to do wonders for this program. I hope this leads to more crowds not just now but in the future too as these kids get older.

Wow, I'm not a football guy but this is a fantastic start and addresses a ton of the complaints and issues I witnessed during my 4 years as a student attending football games back in the 2010-14 days. Great work by Benedict.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Get ready for the lines.......

LogicLongLines.jpg

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
But he's not screaming and begging for the B12 to take us, so obviously he's doing a crappy job overall. /s
The extra hour parking is so last year. In fact it was implemented last yr. and didn't they reduce food prices last yr too? Not that anyone eats anything post tailgate.
Plus no free refill soda cup or hat.
I would rather Benny start publicly begging.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The extra hour parking is so last year. In fact it was implemented last yr. and didn't they reduce food prices last yr too? Not that anyone eats anything post tailgate.
Plus no free refill soda cup or hat.
I would rather Benny start publicly begging.
You might just be the most miserable person on earth.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
I would still like to see those bowls of fresh-made french fries they used to sell on campus.

Reaction Score
I still don't understand parking there. I get so confused that I just pay $10 to park across at the daycare.

Reaction Score
I still don't understand parking there. I get so confused that I just pay $10 to park across at the daycare.
The daycare is the spot to park. Nothing like those weekday night games drinking from a keg as mom's come in and out picking their little ones up.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The Daycare is top notch. Need to bring in more portapotties though. Or not pitch a fit when you take a leak in the woods.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The Daycare is top notch. Need to bring in more portapotties though. Or not pitch a fit when you take a leak in the woods.
The next great invention - a beer that gives you a pH-friendly urine for lawns with added nutrients to fertilize the grass. Everybody wins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
New DJ last year. Poor DJ Dogpound disappeared. Hasn't come on this board since 2012. I could only try to imagine the PMs he was getting.

Reaction Score
The AD and President both noted at an NYC Alumni event a few months back that the Dairy Bar would be coming to the Rent. Benedict even noted that outside of the on-field product, that was the #1 request for UConn football games by far.
Get there after you walk into the Stadium..it will be empty by halftime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69