2016 Summer Camp | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016 Summer Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm starting to get concerned over Rose's absence. Not feeling well for how many days now? Let's hope that's really all it is and there isn't any friction between him and the coaching staff or something like that in play.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm starting to get concerned over Rose's absence. Not feeling well for how many days now? Let's hope that's really all it is and there isn't any friction between him and the coaching staff or something like that in play.

I think you might be reading too much into this. When there's a non-medical reason for a player's absence, Diaco hasn't lied about them being sick or injured.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony (@ManthonyCourant)
8/12/16, 1:06 PM
2 big plays by freshmen as UConn scrimmaged in outdoor oven: Ja'Kaevious Vickers 75 TD run; Mason Donaldson 45 pass from Donovan Williams.

>Freshman Jay Rose again absent from practice. Diaco: "Still not feeling great. Getting better and we'll let you know when we know more."<

>Diaco on Bryant Shirreffs: "Got kind of an old-world insightfulness, very compassionate and thoughtful. Beautiful kid. Total package."<

>Diaco on Shirreffs: "At his age, wish I was like him. I'd have less regrets."
What regrets?
"Oh, no. Those are mine. Same ones you have."<

>Ryan Crozier, LG-turned-C, on sitting out 2015 w injury: "Helped me get mental aspect of game down, and that's translated into my play now."<

Reaction Score

006.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn Football@UConnFootball 26 mins ago · Storrs
"We've had great leadership from our junior and senior classes this camp. It's been exciting to see." - Coach Diaco

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault 10 mins ago
No Jasen Rose at UConn football practice again today. Bob Diaco says Rose "isn't feeling well." Been a week now.

NeillOstrout 11:52am via Twitter for iPhone
UConn TE Jay Rose misses practice again. Coach Bob Diaco says he's still ill. Hasn't practiced yet this camp.

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 8 mins ago
UConn DE Dallas Parker suspended indefinitely because of "athletic department policies" Diaco says.

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe just now
UConn football finished practice No. 15 of preseason today. Coach Bob Diaco: "They're tired but energetic, very positive."

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe [URL='https://twitter.com/GavinKeefe/status/765947449001271296']1 min ago[/URL]
Diaco praised the leadership of the Sr and Jr class. "Really holding each other accountable. We're doing a lot less as coaches driving that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oof Rose out again. Maybe it's mono or something and not second thoughts

Reaction Score
It's weird how he got "sick" right around the time they moved Davis to F. The longer he's out the more I think something is not right. Getting concerned over here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's weird how he got "sick" right around the time they moved Davis to F. The longer he's out the more I think something is not right. Getting concerned over here.

Couple things...Davis moved to F when we found out that Billy Williams was leaving the team. That arguably has nothing to do with Rose. Also, with Dallas Parker, Bob did not beat around the bush with "injury" talk and was very straightforward about it being a personnel issue. I know we're all used to expecting the worst, but sometimes kids just get sick. Hope he recovers quickly.

Reaction Score
Couple things...Davis moved to F when we found out that Billy Williams was leaving the team. That arguably has nothing to do with Rose. Also, with Dallas Parker, Bob did not beat around the bush with "injury" talk and was very straightforward about it being a personnel issue. I know we're all used to expecting the worst, but sometimes kids just get sick. Hope he recovers quickly.

Well if he truly is sick then it's something serious so I hope he recovers soon.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Well if he truly is sick then it's something serious so I hope he recovers soon.
Mono, appendix, had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted at the same time. Could be a number of things, and the University can't whisper a word about it due to confidentiality. The fact that everyone is so tightlipped makes it logical that it is actually medical.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 18m 18 minutes ago
As expected, Diaco noted Shirreffs is THE guy at QB today, "It's Bryant, that's never changed, he's taken over and moved his game forward."

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 17m 17 minutes ago
"We don't have a QB controversy, we aren't going into practice 16 wondering who the QB is, it's really a lot of fun that way." Diaco on QB

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 15m 15 minutes ago
Diaco on true freshman QB @kidballer15: "Special player, talented player. He's going to really be a lot for the conference in the future."

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 14m 14 minutes ago
Diaco on QB group: "I think we have 4 good QB's. I feel any of the 4 could go in and run the offense, that's our next man in mentality"

"It's a healthy group, they're all getting ready for when their opportunity comes & they all will have their opp. We've been please w/all 4"

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Diaco on QB group: "I think we have 4 good QB's. I feel any of the 4 could go in and run the offense, that's our next man in mentality"

Put the crack pipe down. You guys beat Tulane 7-3 (A team we beat 42-7 and pulled our starters out in the 3rd quarter) and barely beat FCS Villanova and have gotten your butts handed to you by numerous opponents. Our backup quarterback was 10-0 and went to the JUCO national championship game IIRC last year before coming back to UH . Herman's philosophy has always been "next man up" which means to be prepared at anytime.

UCONN is honestly no match for us and Saturday will show that. Sunny weather, low attendance, the whole nine yards. Honestly, most of our fans are focused on Navy.

Did Coach Diaco ask Houston for permission to use that phrase? Oh Yeah. He doesn't have to. Diaco owns Houston, and Ipso facto...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom