2016 Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2016 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think they're 11-5 versus us all time. Pretty bad considering Temple's level of success historically.

When it comes to this rivalry the past is no indicator of the future.

Reaction Score
has anyone traveled to ECU?

My junior year in college (2005) I spent a night at ECU en route to Florida. I had a blast.

Granted I was going to keggers off-campus and didn't go anywhere in terms of bars, but it was fun.

Reaction Score
Yes. Greenville is a college town that really backs the Pirates to the tune of 50k at each game. Many were very complementary about UCONN's play last year. We parked in a designated lot and were shuttled into an impressive stadium. I am planning to go again next year. Plenty of hotels in the area.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Just wanted to post last year's schedule release date for reference. Hopefully it'll be a few weeks after signing day

Reaction Score
I'd love to see half the BCU stadium in blue.

So how can we make this happen? Would love to see the Athletic Dept encouraging season ticket holders and alums to attend and providing info on ticket availability. Should we also be looking at BC single-game ticket sale dates?

Reaction Score
Tix will eventually be available through UConn and other outlets. Agree that a sea of blue in the stadium is a must. Already reserved a Needham, MA hotel room for Friday night to be ready for early game day tailgating.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
So how can we make this happen? Would love to see the Athletic Dept encouraging season ticket holders and alums to attend and providing info on ticket availability. Should we also be looking at BC single-game ticket sale dates?

Yes, our marketing department (of whatever it's called) needs to publicize this to alums all over, especially still in New England. Make sure they know to buy tickets through UConn.

Three keys to make it a success:

1) Sell all of our allotment, and then ask for more.
2) Be good guests (no fights); we don't want to get a reputation like WVU fans.
3) Win the game.

Reaction Score
Really would prefer to not have a bye in week 2. Would rather save that for October/early Nov

9/3- Maine
9/17- Virginia
9/24- Syracuse
11/19- @ Boston College
The 9/10 date could be a conference game, so not necessarily a bye-week. The weekend of 9/11 would be a cool date to play at Annapolis. And, 'd rather get Navy early as opposed to later in the year to not have to deal with that option (unless it is the week before or after we play Tulane, since they will be going to more of an option set on offense).

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The 9/10 date could be a conference game, so not necessarily a bye-week. The weekend of 9/11 would be a cool date to play at Annapolis. And, 'd rather get Navy early as opposed to later in the year to not have to deal with that option (unless it is the week before or after we play Tulane, since they will be going to more of an option set on offense).
I agree. You also want a bye week in Oct/ early Nov rather than week 2 anyway.

Reaction Score
I'd like to go to Houston to see them play down there. Never been to Texas and would love to go.

Reaction Score
I'd like to go to Houston to see them play down there. Never been to Texas and would love to go.
Hmmm, the ideal scenario (for me anyways) is an October Thursday night game at Houston, the same weekend of Austin City Limits... that would be PERFECT. Fly down Thursday morning, watch some FB Thursday night, head to Austin Friday morning and see/hear great music the next 3 days, head back home Monday.

Make it happen yet to be named AD, make it happen.

Reaction Score
Hmmm, the ideal scenario (for me anyways) is an October Thursday night game at Houston, the same weekend of Austin City Limits... that would be PERFECT. Fly down Thursday morning, watch some FB Thursday night, head to Austin Friday morning and see/hear great music the next 3 days, head back home Monday.

Make it happen yet to be named AD, make it happen.

What is this Austin City Limits you speak?

Reaction Score
Also hoping that we can fill that Sept 10th date with the Navy game. Would be nice to have our bye week around mid-season if doable. Cincy played Temple in week 2 this past season so no reason why they can't move up conference games earlier.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I have, great crowd, decent stadium, watch out for when they shoot the cannon off next to the visitor seating area, you will spill your beer if you are not expecting it. They shoot it off after each ECU TD.

Reaction Score
I went to the hockey game at BC later year and we had a great UConn crowd. If we can extrapolate that for football it'd be fantastic. I have a feeling BCU is already going nervous about a UConn take over.

As far as predictions go...15-0 national champ

Reaction Score

College town and great fan base. They average close to 50K per game. Stadium is impressive. Fans were cordial to us after the game as several complemented us on a hard fought game 2 yrs ago. I am looking forward to heading down to Greenville this season.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

I'm in Dallas and might make the trip (my son plays high school ball and that comes first). Hopefully the Houston game isn't an 11:00 am kickoff.

They're not going to be happy with UConn down there.

Reaction Score
I'll be at BC for that game. It'll be my nephew's first game!!! Gotta find a way to deck him out in UConn gear.

I'll be @ BC as well. 1/3 of my friends from school went to Boston, 1/3 to NYC, and the rest stayed home. We have a crowd of about 30 already making plans for the BC game. Could be ~50 if everyone comes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom