2016 Road Game Plans: @ECU- Saturday, October 29 | The Boneyard

2016 Road Game Plans: @ECU- Saturday, October 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Just scouting some preliminary numbers for road trips for the fall (for games that aren't being handled by @Ryan Phalen )

Typically the earlier you book this stuff the cheaper it is. Prices for hotels/flights below

Flights (Friday, October 28-Sunday, October 30):

BDL-PVG: $322 RT
JFK-PVG: $399 RT
BOS-PVG: $370 RT

Hotels:

Cheapest: Super 8 Greenville- $64
Other options available from $100-$200 a night: Hotels.com - hotels in Greenville, North Carolina, United States of America

Reaction Score
You can also fly into Raleigh/Durham, though it is about an hour and a half drive from there to Greenville, but along the way you can stop at my brother in law's Restaurant/Beer Store in Wilson

Brewmasters

Reaction Score
We'll be living in Myrtle Beach by then and hoping to hook up with someone's tailgate.

Drew

Reaction Score
RDU would most definitely be cheaper flight wise- but then you need to factor in the cost of having a rental car for 3 days and ensure you factor in the travel time from Greenville for your return flight. Don't book a 6am flight on Sunday from RDU!!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There are some fun potential road trips this year. I really want to visit ECU but not with 7 home games and a road game at BC that's a 30 minute ride for me.

Drew

Reaction Score
I work with the Charlotte Alumni Group for the UConn Alumni Association and am in the process of putting together a pre-game gathering/ticket package that would include food at a local bar before the game. If you haven't bought tickets yet and are planning on going this is a GREAT way to meet other Huskies and get a ticket to the game as well! More details to come when I have the okay to give them

Reaction Score
I'm in Greenville, SC. Drew, I'll send you a PM to get connected. I enjoyed this game two years ago and plan to go again.

Cheers,

Reaction Score
I work with the Charlotte Alumni Group for the UConn Alumni Association and am in the process of putting together a pre-game gathering/ticket package that would include food at a local bar before the game. If you haven't bought tickets yet and are planning on going this is a GREAT way to meet other Huskies and get a ticket to the game as well! More details to come when I have the okay to give them
Drew, I was going to buy a ticket this weekend, but I will hold off now that you may be getting something together. Let us know what you come up with please.

Reaction Score
Will be driving from SC as well. Not sure if I want to buy tickets through UCONN or through ECU. Singles not available until 8/1 through ECU.

Like sitting with UCONN fans, but hate that corner pocket.

Reaction Score

Yes, please let us know asap so we can make plans. My group is probably 6.

Reaction Score
lots of tix available for USF on Stubhub. USF has home game with Fla state and many FSU fans bought USF season tix and are dumping the other games

Reaction Score
Hey Drew I definitely will be heading to this from Greenville SC area. Any news? Want to make plans.

Thx

Drew

Reaction Score
Hey Drew I definitely will be heading to this from Greenville SC area. Any news? Want to make plans.

Thx

Hey Rich- thanks for reaching out. We will have plans finalized in a couple of weeks and I will be able to let everyone know more then. Until then hang tight and stay on the lookout for details!

Reaction Score
Hey Rich- thanks for reaching out. We will have plans finalized in a couple of weeks and I will be able to let everyone know more then. Until then hang tight and stay on the lookout for details!
OK I am just wondering if I should buy tickets on my own or not.

Thanks - Looking forward to it.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Looks like I may be heading to this one. Nice little bonus stop on way to Charleston for a few days.

Drew

Reaction Score
Update:

We are finalizing the restaurant this week and once the contract is signed I can let you guys know what the deal will be in terms of food, drink, etc

There will be a special link to buy your tickets through the UConn Alumni Association Page which will be posted in here upon going live. This will also get you access to the pre-game event, and ticket pickup will take place at the event as well.

This is open to ALL UConn fans and friends/family, not just NC/SC area Huskies! If you are making the trip down from CT or anywhere else plan on stopping in with us and chatting with Husky fans before the game.

Updated airfare prices to Greenville, NC airport leaving Friday the 28th of October and returning Sunday the 30th of October

$294 RT BDL-PGV
$359 RT LGA-PGV

Raleigh/Durham is about 90 minutes from Greenville:

$171 RT LGA-RDU
$259 RT BDL-RDU
$231 RT HVN-RDU

Lastly- if you are in the Charlotte or Greenville/Raleigh area be sure to follow @UConnCharlotte on Twitter to stay updated with news and events. Lots of good stuff in the works!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Update:

We are finalizing the restaurant this week and once the contract is signed I can let you guys know what the deal will be in terms of food, drink, etc

There will be a special link to buy your tickets through the UConn Alumni Association Page which will be posted in here upon going live. This will also get you access to the pre-game event, and ticket pickup will take place at the event as well.

This is open to ALL UConn fans and friends/family, not just NC/SC area Huskies! If you are making the trip down from CT or anywhere else plan on stopping in with us and chatting with Husky fans before the game.

Updated airfare prices to Greenville, NC airport leaving Friday the 28th of October and returning Sunday the 30th of October

$294 RT BDL-PGV
$359 RT LGA-PGV

Raleigh/Durham is about 90 minutes from Greenville:

$171 RT LGA-RDU
$259 RT BDL-RDU
$231 RT HVN-RDU

Lastly- if you are in the Charlotte or Greenville/Raleigh area be sure to follow @UConnCharlotte on Twitter to stay updated with news and events. Lots of good stuff in the works!
Can't wait. Tickets bought already, but ready to go.

Drew

Reaction Score
Took a little longer than we anticipated, but here it is! We will be meeting at Professor O'Coole's before the game as a group. We have a large room reserved for 3 hours before the game in order to accommodate everyone. Buy game tix through the attached link to benefit the school: UConn Alumni Events

Drew

Reaction Score
Wanted to bump this thread with the game 3 weeks from Saturday. If you haven't bought your game tickets yet- please do so through this link to support the school!

UConn Alumni Events

We are planning on having any UConn fans attending meet at Professor O'Cooles, which is a little under a mile from the stadium from what we've been told. Hoping for a great turnout!!

Drew

Reaction Score
Also if you're interested in coming down and haven't booked travel arrangements yet...

Flights from NYC area to Raleigh are only running around $250RT. This is a phenomenal deal. RDU is 90 minutes west of Greenville, easy drive once you land. I'm staying in Goldsboro around 30 minutes outside of Greenville for $84 a night at a TownPlace Suites. Can't beat it for a road game that isn't within easy driving distance for most.

Reaction Score
The boys are taking an RV trip to ECU this year, along with stops at Busch Gardens and Ocean City, MD. Unfortunately, purchasing a $50 ticket for the game is a little too high for us when we can get them on 3rd party site for $13.

The 7 of us will be out in full force and will likely make our way down to the UConn section at some point during the game. See you guys down there.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Have a room booked in Washingtonville. 20 miles east of Greenville. Driving down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom