2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 67 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CecilHurt4:04pm via Echofon
Alabama OT Charles Baldwin, a 5-star signed out of junior college, has been dismissed from the team due to a violation of team rules.

Alabama dismisses JUCO transfer Charles Baldwin from team - Alabama News

Ryan Bartow@RyanBartow 41 mins ago · Fort Lauderdale
Breaking: Ex-#Alabama OL Charles Baldwin transferring to #Kansas.

>>Baldwin said he’s flying this morning from his home state, Connecticut, and will arrive in Kansas this afternoon. Kansas offered him Monday and he received word yesterday that he’s passed admissions.<<

two year eligibility left after sitting required year.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Ryan Bartow@RyanBartow 41 mins ago · Fort Lauderdale
Breaking: Ex-#Alabama OL Charles Baldwin transferring to #Kansas.

>>Baldwin said he’s flying this morning from his home state, Connecticut, and will arrive in Kansas this afternoon. Kansas offered him Monday and he received word yesterday that he’s passed admissions.<<

two year eligibility left after sitting required year.

Something tells me there's a couple of RKG's out there that will walk to UCONN from their home state.

Good luck in Kansas young man.

Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Welp... ;)

New Canaan’s Collins takes over as starting QB at TCU

Collins held a UConn offer when he committed to UPenn in 2015. Other offers @ the time were Cornell and Lafayette. He transferred to TCU in 2016.

The story is far more interesting than I would have expected. Folks here just give it a read.

"Along with the valuable time he spent learning from both Marinelli’s, Collins benefited from the New Canaan Rams having former NFL first-round pick JP Losman, who is now coaching at Clemson, on staff when Collins was the quarterback.

“Working with JP was a unique experience and I took a lot away from having him there. The time I spent with John (Marinelli) was probably the most valuable in terms of learning how to play the position,” Collins said. “The entire staff at New Canaan was so great."

<--John Marinelli has completely turned around the Greenwich high football program since leaving his dad at NC. He is still very young..he should look at getting a college coaching gig after this season.

Btw, a story like this has to have Gavin Muir thinking the same, go the ivy league route and if you make the starting QB the spring ahead of your sophomore season then jump to P5!! (kidding....kind of)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The story is far more interesting than I would have expected. Folks here just give it a read.

"Along with the valuable time he spent learning from both Marinelli’s, Collins benefited from the New Canaan Rams having former NFL first-round pick JP Losman, who is now coaching at Clemson, on staff when Collins was the quarterback.

“Working with JP was a unique experience and I took a lot away from having him there. The time I spent with John (Marinelli) was probably the most valuable in terms of learning how to play the position,” Collins said. “The entire staff at New Canaan was so great." <--John Marinelli has completely turned around the Greenwich high football program since leaving his dad at NC. He is still very young..he should look at getting a college coaching gig after this season.

Btw, a story like this has to have Gavin Muir thinking the same, go the ivy league route and if you make the starting QB the spring ahead of your sophomore season then jump to P5!! (kidding....kind of)
John Marinelli has college coach written all over him. His kids love him. He got 200 kids to come out for football this year

Reaction Score
John Marinelli has college coach written all over him. His kids love him. He got 200 kids to come out for football this year

That would be one way to win over his dad...:p

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

We should just make him our QB coach or something, or any position really. We’ve always had a hard time recruiting down state and that’s where all the talent is

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We should just make him our QB coach or something, or any position really. We’ve always had a hard time recruiting down state and that’s where all the talent is
I was tempted to say something crazy like that myself. I’d certainly interview him. Needs to mesh with Dunn. Best spot for him would be two years as TE coach (but that slot is taken by blood) and then go from there. Otherwise, probably needs two years at a lower level program before coming all the way up to FBS.

Just spit balling here, but I think it makes sense for Marinelli to look and for some college programs to look at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom