2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 55 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ESPN is now reporting that Grayson Stover has committed to USF.

Reaction Score
Drew said:

So that is now LSU and Nebraska putting out feelers on a kid that was basically an unknown when we offered?

This is the second year in a row this has happened, and we also saw kids with no other offers contribute as true freshman (Beals). I think it's clear that Diaco has put together a staff that has an eye for undiscovered talent, which is huge for a New England team in a non-P5 conference. Have to find P5 level kids that others miss.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It just occurred to me something that is probably obvious to many here. Aside from Gray and Pulley, we probably won't hear anything more on the recruiting front until signing day. The staff doesn't want to risk anymore of its gems to be raided.

Reaction Score
My sense is we will hear something Sunday or on NSD. Remember that we are hosting recruits this w/e, so I am hopeful I will start seeing tweets with husky prints on them come Sunday. Thankfully the weather here will not be as bad as it could have been and that travel plans won't be impacted. But to be honest, I've completely lost track as to how many "available" slots we still have (e.g., I see Marinan got a scholly this week)

Reaction Score
hey huskymedic - one kid that I was wondering about that is another local kid, tht committed early to RU, but it seems we might not have pursued (or might've but it's not known publicly) is WR/DB Isaiah Wright (Kingswood Oxford)... Do you think he could be a potential surprise for us?

Reaction Score
hey huskymedic - one kid that I was wondering about that is another local kid, tht committed early to RU, but it seems we might not have pursued (or might've but it's not known publicly) is WR/DB Isaiah Wright (Kingswood Oxford)... Do you think he could be a potential surprise for us?

He had/has a UConn offer and it was reported that he took an official visit to Temple after being committed to Rutgers, so I guess ya never know...

Reaction Score
Spent a great part of the day yesterday going to appointments (dentist, hair cut). Listening to Sirius 84 college sports, the big topic across various shows was Jim Harbough telling a 4 star OL who orally committed to the previous regime that Michigan had no scholarship for him 2 weeks before signing day. The kid has no other offers to fall back on. Interesting discussion how this development will affect Harbaugh's credibility with local high school coaches & whether said coaches will be inclined to send their kids to Ann Arbor in the future.

Reaction Score
Spent a great part of the day yesterday going to appointments (dentist, hair cut). Listening to Sirius 84 college sports, the big topic across various shows was Jim Harbough telling a 4 star OL who orally committed to the previous regime that Michigan had no scholarship for him 2 weeks before signing day. The kid has no other offers to fall back on. Interesting discussion how this development will affect Harbaugh's credibility with local high school coaches & whether said coaches will be inclined to send their kids to Ann Arbor in the future.

Harbaugh, U-M back in the recruiting muck
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...1/shawn-windsor-michigan-recruiting/79144184/

Maize 'N View: Two Sides To Every Story
https://michigan.n.rivals.com/news/maize-n-view-two-sides-to-every-story

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The KO kid is a big NO. I don't think he is 100% sold on RU, but he has offers from every major and is not looking at UConn

Well, we saw today why Harbaugh passed on the OL - he found what he thinks is a better one from MD. I really hope we lasso one or 2 more big men - OL/DL -before all is said and done.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well, we saw today why Harbaugh passed on the OL - he found what he thinks is a better one from MD. I really hope we lasso one or 2 more big men - OL/DL -before all is said and done.

Agreed about OL/DL. And I want that LS kid from NJ too.

Btw, I got around to watching the tape on Hopkins and Vickers and liked what I saw alot. It would be nice if Vickers could become a punt return man. Both players could surprise us on the field.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Was just at lunch and they had SC on TV and they had this whole issue on. Did interviews with recruiting folks and everything. Interesting and sad for the kid. However, I have a feeling this isn't the first time something like this has happened at multiple schools. If the kid is a 4 star recruit, he shouldn't have a hard time finding multiple suitors!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm interested in what's going on with Gene Coleman from Bergen Catholic--heard a lot about him earlier during the season as a pretty serious candidate to join UConn but has gone quiet for quite some time. That'd be a nice grab.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Was just at lunch and they had SC on TV and they had this whole issue on. Did interviews with recruiting folks and everything. Interesting and sad for the kid. However, I have a feeling this isn't the first time something like this has happened at multiple schools. If the kid is a 4 star recruit, he shouldn't have a hard time finding multiple suitors!

Pretty sure the same exact thing happened with Bobby Petrino at U of L last year

Reaction Score
If you know Ktuck he has already brought this kid up in this thread I believe. But as for your comments on Harbaugh, I absolutely agree. The kid had committed to Hoke back in 2013, and Harbaugh just NOW pulls his scholarship offer. That's pretty lousy.

Reaction Score
Agreed about OL/DL. And I want that LS kid from NJ too.

Btw, I got around to watching the tape on Hopkins and Vickers and liked what I saw alot. It would be nice if Vickers could become a punt return man. Both players could surprise us on the field.
I love what I see from Vickers on tape. Already well built, shifty, strong and fast for a guy his size. Seems like a very good get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom