ECU: NC St, @ SCAR, @ VT
Houston: Oklahoma (NRG Stadium), Louisville
Memphis: Kansas, @ Ole Miss
Navy: Notre Dame (Jacksonville)
SMU: @ Baylor, TCU
Temple: @ Penn State
Tulane: @ Wake Forest
Tulsa: @ Ohio State
UCF: @ Michigan, Maryland (needs 1 more 2016 game)
USF: @ Syracuse, Florida State
UConn: Virginia, Syracuse, @ Boston College

Thoughts: A TON of the American games against P5 are ACC games and that kind of makes sense given the location of the teams in the East division and Navy. Interesting that the SEC isn't really represented and the PAC12 is non-existent. There is a pretty good opportunity for the American to make another strong statement in the non-conference next year looking at these schedules. If the league is smart, they will schedule similar to this year in conference (i.e. teams expecting to be better playing each other later in the year). Could make for some really high profile matchups.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Also worth noting: There are 22 of these games total. That averages out to about 2 per team, which is perfect in my opinion for the AAC. Ideally the American schedules two games against P5's and then 2 games against low FBS (NM State, EMU, Wyoming, etc) or FCS to guarantee wins. Plus it helps to inflate the record of American vs the G4.

Of these 22 games, 10 are home games (Houston and OU agreed to a H/H series with the game @ Houston being the 2016 kickoff game there next year). That is also good to see. As far as I know, only 2 of these games are "buy" games (UCF @ Michigan, Tulsa @ Ohio State). That is big because it means that teams aren't afraid to schedule H/H series with American Conference teams. Scheduling home P5 games in this league hasn't been and shouldn't be an issue.

I'm cheering for the American to succeed. There is a lot of opportunities on this list, and almost every game is winnable minus Tulsa @ Ohio State and UCF @ Michigan, but even then Tulsa has the offensive fire power to hang around teams (see Oklahoma this year). Really a fun conference that is beginning to seize its potential as we move forward.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati: @ Purdue, BYU
ECU: NC St, @ SCAR, @ VT
Houston: Oklahoma (NRG Stadium), Louisville
Memphis: Kansas, @ Ole Miss
Navy: Notre Dame (Jacksonville)
SMU: @ Baylor, TCU
Temple: @ Penn State
Tulane: @ Wake Forest
Tulsa: @ Ohio State
UCF: @ Michigan, Maryland (needs 1 more 2016 game)
USF: @ Syracuse, Florida State
UConn: Virginia, Syracuse, @ Boston College

Thoughts: A TON of the American games against P5 are ACC games and that kind of makes sense given the location of the teams in the East division and Navy. Interesting that the SEC isn't really represented and the PAC12 is non-existent. There is a pretty good opportunity for the American to make another strong statement in the non-conference next year looking at these schedules. If the league is smart, they will schedule similar to this year in conference (i.e. teams expecting to be better playing each other later in the year). Could make for some really high profile matchups.

SEC too busy playing power ooc schedule including East Bumfawk State U.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's obviously ridiculously early and about a gazillion things can change between now and next season, but I think we have a legitimate chance to put up a 3-0 record in our P5 games. Getting to a bowl game would go a LONG way towards accomplishing this.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The best thing for our expedited CR chances would be for the AAC to put a little pressure on the ACC...while we have a football pulse (program and fanbase). The ACC dismantled the Big East when it posed a threat. They would do the same to the AAC and I've got to think that we would be up next. If we can get to a bowl game this year and raise expectations in 2016 towards winning the conference and get back to selling out the Rent, then the ACC would probably want to take that away from the AAC. If the B1G caught wind of this, maybe they expedite their invitation (if one is coming).

Of course, what is far more likely to happen is that Temple, Houston, Memphis and Cincinnati are all added by the B12, we are stuck with a backfilled version of CUSA/Sun Belt and attendance drops further when a rivalry game against Southern Miss is shoved down our throats.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wanted to bump this thread now that we are getting close to the summer camps and 2016 is more of a focus. There's really good opportunity here for the AAC to make a statement this season.

I'm going to predict 9-13 for the American in these games which is FAR better than I would expect any G5 to do. UCF being down really kills us here and then there are swing games like Cincy/BYU, Tulane/Wake, ECU's whole group, and UConn's whole group.

Reaction Score
Other northeast games of interest. UMass @ Florida / UMass. @ S.Carolina / UMass @ BYU / UMass @ Hawaii.
Rhode Island @ Kansas.
New Hampshire @ San Diego State

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I see about 8/9 wins from that group, 3 of them from UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom