shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What's three wins. It's not impossible.

Reaction Score
NickdelaTorreGC10:24pm via TweetDeck
Anthony Kay: "I didn't have my best stuff today."

NickdelaTorreGC10:25pm via TweetDeck
Penders: "I love our fire, I love our fight. We don't do anything the easy way at UConn."

NickdelaTorreGC10:26pm via TweetDeck
Melley on Puk: "He was what we expected he was gonna be and I'm proud with how we handled him."

alexmaminakis10:26pm via TweetDeck
UConn’s Bobby Melley: “We wanted to try to work (Puk), get him a little rattled…we did a good job with him."

alexmaminakis10:27pm via TweetDeck
UConn HC Jim Penders says humidity in Florida is “challenging”

NickdelaTorreGC10:28pm via TweetDeck
UConn coach Jim Penders says his guys haven't even seen a rosin bag until two weeks ago. Humidity and heat a factor in Gainesville.

Reaction Score
Nothing quite like going toe-to-toe with the best team in the country and coming up just short. This one stings, but hopefully our guys can brush it off and take care of business. As we showed tonight, we absolutely have the talent to win this thing. Also, gotta love Rajkowski throwing a clean inning. To have limited game experience with subpar results up until this point and keep the deficit at one run in such a high-pressure situation takes guts.

One thing about the UConn bullpen is that aside from Ruotolo, Over, and Domnarski is that it is loaded with freshmen and sophomores. They may be an inconsistent lot, but they also have talent. Players like Polonia and company have had some noteworthy successes to go along with their failures. Hopefully as they gain more experience their successes will come to heavily out weigh their failures.

Reaction Score
Annoying, but not surprising, that this team was sent to the #1 teams region. You win all those games to end the year and a conference title and that is your reward? Doesn't make sense.

Meanwhile a garbage school like BC gets a dream grouping and probably advances out of it. If I could pick 3 schools that trip over themselves in every sport that I would pick to group with me to ensure I'd move on I'd probably pick Ole Miss, Tulane, and Utah. Lucky.

I hate how badly these committees screw these things up. This team probably could have made a run to the 2nd weekend with the right grouping and probably would have beaten many teams hosting tonight. Florida too good and we still almost won. I watched them do to this Calhoun for a decade before 1999 happened.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Over doesn't have the stuff to pitch from behind in the count against a lineup like that. Once he fell behind 2-0 he should have stayed away from the strike zone and accepted walking the batter. That said, this team has quite a bit to be proud of, as do we as fans.

Reaction Score
Tough loss that was just a couple of runs away from a huge advantage typically reserved for the number 1 seed. However, the team has nothing to be ashamed about its effort against the number one ranked team in the country. Both announcers commented how UConn was more likely a 2 seed and not a 3 (nothing new there). Tough slog ahead, but if there's one team that grind it out it's this one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Annoying, but not surprising, that this team was sent to the #1 teams region. You win all those games to end the year and a conference title and that is your reward? Doesn't make sense.

Meanwhile a garbage school like BC gets a dream grouping and probably advances out of it. If I could pick 3 schools that trip over themselves in every sport that I would pick to group with me to ensure I'd move on I'd probably pick Ole Miss, Tulane, and Utah. Lucky.

I hate how badly these committees screw these things up. This team probably could have made a run to the 2nd weekend with the right grouping and probably would have beaten many teams hosting tonight. Florida too good and we still almost won. I watched them do to this Calhoun for a decade before 1999 happened.

Nah. This is reasonable based on the record. This team lost a ton of games it should have won early in the season. This is the price for that.

Reaction Score

Nah. This is reasonable based on the record. This team lost a ton of games it should have won early in the season. This is the price for that.

Agree with HuskyHawk here. Another thing to remember is that UConn had to win the AAC tournament in order to make the NCAA tournament. As for Tulane, they were the AAC regular season champions, and no one was doubting that they would get an at large bid.

Reaction Score

Yup... RPI/SOS hurt seeding.

Reaction Score
Absolutely amazing game last night to be at. The defense was unbelievable. Got to love the fight in this team. Melley's Homer was a bomb and really stunned the crowd. Sitting smack in the middle of the Gator crowd a can tell you that they came away very impressed with UConn baseball.

Reaction Score
IMG_20160604_210730539.jpg

Reaction Score

A big reason for a lot of the early losses was the unsettled nature of the UConn starting rotation at the beginning of the season. Remember, Montgomerie, Zapata, and Rossomando were all part of the weekend starting rotation early in the season, and each were having their problems. Montgomerie got bounced from his weekend slot due to poor performance and really didn't get settled back in to his weekend spot until mid April. Tim Cate was coming back from injury early on got his first start sometime in early to mid March. That wonderful weekend rotation that UConn had at the end of the season did not exist at the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
Interesting top of the 2nd inning. Montogomerie follows the Deroche-Duffin throw out at the plate with picking off a runner at 1B. Montgomerie then strikes out the following batter to end the inning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom