2016 Husky Draft Competition. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2016 Husky Draft Competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Would anyone be interested in drafting a bench? Or at the very least a 6th man? Making complete teams would take very long, but would make this very interesting.

Reaction Score
Would anyone be interested in drafting a bench? Or at the very least a 6th man? Making complete teams would take very long, but would make this very interesting.

Go for it, this is a once a year event and it is a long off season so theres no rush so why the hell not.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'd like to propose for next year that people don't post their "best available players" post to show their knowledge of UConn bball. It removes a critical element of the draft being the drafter's ability to draft a good team and find the right players.

Reaction Score
I'd like to propose for next year that people don't post their "best available players" post to show their knowledge of UConn bball. It removes a critical element of the draft being the drafter's ability to draft a good team and find the right players.

Nailed it.

Reaction Score
Did I miss Earl Kelley? Toby Kimball? John Thomas? Corny? Mike M?

Wow we need to allow pre-JC players to be taken.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You guys keep giving my picks away! Thankful he fell this far, I'll select Cornelius Thompson.

Going with the Freeman - Thompson - Gay front court. In my opinion, these 3 can guard any 4 or 5. Rudy can take the 3 or the 4. Also Corny was 2-time All Big East in the early 80's and is top 10 in points and rebounds. Easy choice.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
With my last pick I'll take Rodney Purvis.

Reaction Score
You guys keep giving my picks away! Thankful he fell this far, I'll select Cornelius Thompson.

Going with the Freeman - Thompson - Gay front court. In my opinion, these 3 can guard any 4 or 5. Rudy can take the 3 or the 4. Also Corny was 2-time All Big East in the early 80's and is top 10 in points and rebounds. Easy choice.

This is a great choice. The fact I saw names like Selvie, Miller and Giffey among a couple others we could question, prior to Corny tells me how young these draft GM's are. Actually even Armstrong and Adrien belong after Corny in my eyes. Great pick finally!

Reaction Score
Tony Hanson?

Was Top 5 in the country in scoring his senior year, could still score on the athletes of today no doubt. Underrated 6'4"swing with creativity of yesteryear. And he jumped out of the gym while being strong around the basket.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
image.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Once again I'd like to ask the team owners how many bench spots they'd like to draft(0-8). Personally I'd go for 5-8, it's not like we're in any rush. But I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I think we shouldn't have more than 2 bench spots, the bulk of the voting for the next round will be 99% starting lineup anyway, I think ideally it'd be just a sixth man.

Reaction Score
6 or 8 total players. Person with the first pick should have the last pick to make it the most fair for everyone

Reaction Score
Did I miss Earl Kelley? Toby Kimball? John Thomas? Corny? Mike M?

Wow we need to allow pre-JC players to be taken.
I'm with you, but as someone who went down in flames with Hanson as a bench player one year--and who also had Thompson with a strong defensive center (Sellers?)--these guys don't get votes. Even Earl Kelley, who played in the Big East, did little for the voters. They were actively campaigned against as negatives.

Guys are sadly smart to avoid them. There's way too strong a recency bias.

That said, Toby Kimball and Wes look better as bench players to me. Hanson, Thompson, and Kelley less so.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, but as someone who went down in flames with Hanson as a bench player one year--and who also had Thompson with a strong defensive center (Thabeet?)--these guys don't get votes. Even Earl Kelley, who played in the Big East, did little for the voters. They were actively campaigned against as negatives.

Guys are sadly smart to avoid them. There's way too strong a recency bias.

That said, Toby Kimball and Wes look better as bench players to me. Hanson, Thompson, and Kelley less so.

Amazing thing is Hanson, Corny and Earl shouldnt be bench players they're better than many of the "recent" picks kids just don't know.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Amazing thing is Hanson, Corny and Earl shouldnt be bench players they're better than many of the "recent" picks kids just don't know.
Corny was a 2-time All-Big East selection in a league that had Patrick Ewing, Leo Routins, Ed Pinckney, and Chris Mullen. I wasn't even alive and I know that is no small feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom