2016 Field Hockey/Coaches' Poll/NCAA Tourney | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016 Field Hockey/Coaches' Poll/NCAA Tourney

Reaction Score
I believe that is our 14th final four in FH. Stevens is an unreal coach. Congrats ladies!
15th

UNC leads with 21, followed by Md & ODU with 17, then UConn

btw, this is Princeton's 4th and Delaware's 1st

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Even though I had no clue what was going on, particularly any time a whistle blew, it was still a compelling game to watch. I only regret that I watched via a 'cuse link.

Reaction Score
Even though I had no clue what was going on, particularly any time a whistle blew, it was still a compelling game to watch. I only regret that I watched via a 'cuse link.

Agreed... still trying to learn the game myself. My buddy's daughter plays in high school and have gone to a few games but still don't get some of the stoppages and nuances. I am impressed when they break up field and the player is "dribbling" the ball on their sticks as opposed to on the turf as they run.

Reaction Score
UConn and North Carolina are tied at 1 with 17 minutes to go in the second half.

Reaction Score
North Carolina scores late in the first overtime and wins 2-1.

Reaction Score
2-1*

Corrected, thanks. Between field hockey and women's soccer today, not a happy camper.

Unlike the women's soccer team, UConn field hockey has a few seniors graduating, but it looks like they have plenty of quality veterans returning for next year. I suspect they will be back in the final four hunt again next season.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I missed the end of the field hockey trying to unfreeze the waterline in my refrigerator. Didn't unfreeze it, didn't win field hockey and likely won't win soccer. Having a great day [lots-o-sarcasm]. To add to that, my DVR of the men's game last night stopped with about 3 minutes to go. Had to catch the final score on SNY this morning. So much for the Auto-Extend.

Reaction Score
Sigh... Courant just mails it in w/ State Flagship University logo on Twitter and Article. SMH

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sigh... Courant just mails it in w/ State Flagship University logo on Twitter and Article. SMH

For the record, that is my favorite UCONN logo since it was the logo when I was at school there.

However, when I saw the Courant posted that banner, I started to really question if they cared about UCONN anymore. If the answer is "no", then guess what the answer will be when I'm asked if I care about continuing my subscription?

Reaction Score
For the record, that is my favorite UCONN logo since it was the logo when I was at school there.

However, when I saw the Courant posted that banner, I started to really question if they cared about UCONN anymore. If the answer is "no", then guess what the answer will be when I'm asked if I care about continuing my subscription?

The Courant put field hockey on the front of its sports page and you question if they care about UConn? Go to the Raleigh paper sports section on the web and tell me if you can even find a game story. I cannot.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The Courant put field hockey on the front of its sports page and you question if they care about UConn? Go to the Raleigh paper sports section on the web and tell me if you can even find a game story. I cannot.

Well, I think it's fair to question how much effort they put into placing a graphic that has a school banner from 1988, don't you?

It's not like they ran out of UConn gear, did they? Look, they have been great for UConn coverage over the years; a big reason for why I still buy it. But stuff like that and like Desmond Connor articles of coaches who didn't want to come to UCONN and you start to scratch your head. Gotta know your audience. ..

Reaction Score
Well, I think it's fair to question how much effort they put into placing a graphic that has a school banner from 1988, don't you?

It's not like they ran out of UConn gear, did they? Look, they have been great for UConn coverage over the years; a big reason for why I still buy it. But stuff like that and like Desmond Connor articles of coaches who didn't want to come to UCONN and you start to scratch your head. Gotta know your audience. ..
It's not like they used the logo for Connecticut College. It's just an old UConn logo.

Reaction Score

According to the UConn athletics release, it's the seventh straight year that UConn field hockey has had at least three All Americans. No wonder this team keeps making the final four.

Reaction Score
By the way, Charlotte Veitner and Casey Umstead are both Juniors, so it would seem that UConn field hockey has a good chance at being two thirds of the way to hopefully having at least three All Americans for next season as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom