2016 Field Hockey/Coaches' Poll/NCAA Tourney

Discussion in 'UConn Baseball and Olympic Sports' started by dbmill, Aug 23, 2016.

1. huskymedic

huskymedic

Sigh... Courant just mails it in w/ State Flagship University logo on Twitter and Article. SMH

2. UConnDan97

UConnDan97 predicting undefeated seasons since 1983

For the record, that is my favorite UCONN logo since it was the logo when I was at school there.

However, when I saw the Courant posted that banner, I started to really question if they cared about UCONN anymore. If the answer is "no", then guess what the answer will be when I'm asked if I care about continuing my subscription?

CL82 likes this.
  3. vowelguy

vowelguy AEIOU

The Courant put field hockey on the front of its sports page and you question if they care about UConn? Go to the Raleigh paper sports section on the web and tell me if you can even find a game story. I cannot.

uconnell likes this.
  4. UConnDan97

UConnDan97 predicting undefeated seasons since 1983

Well, I think it's fair to question how much effort they put into placing a graphic that has a school banner from 1988, don't you?

It's not like they ran out of UConn gear, did they? Look, they have been great for UConn coverage over the years; a big reason for why I still buy it. But stuff like that and like Desmond Connor articles of coaches who didn't want to come to UCONN and you start to scratch your head. Gotta know your audience. ..

uconnell likes this.
  5. vowelguy

vowelguy AEIOU

It's not like they used the logo for Connecticut College. It's just an old UConn logo.

6. huskymedic

huskymedic

7. dbmill

dbmill

According to the UConn athletics release, it's the seventh straight year that UConn field hockey has had at least three All Americans. No wonder this team keeps making the final four.

UConnDan97 likes this.
  8. dbmill

dbmill

By the way, Charlotte Veitner and Casey Umstead are both Juniors, so it would seem that UConn field hockey has a good chance at being two thirds of the way to hopefully having at least three All Americans for next season as well.

UConnDan97 likes this.