2016 Commit #5 - Tahj Herring (DB/WR) Suffield CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2016 Commit #5 - Tahj Herring (DB/WR) Suffield CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope some day to see Diaco recruiting for UConn in a P5 conference. Outside of PSU I really believe he could take over the northeast/mid-atlantic.

Hopefully he starts to win and we get the invite so we can watch him crush it.

Reaction Score
A 3 STAR??????????????? IMO This kid is not a 3 star player.... from what I see from his video, I see a 4 Star Player!!! Great Pick Up For Uconn!:D
I don't know what makes a 4, but he is blazing fast and looks like the real deal to me. Definitely has the potential to be a real impact player. Super pick up.

Reaction Score
Home town Hartford, but it appears that he has been at Suffield for awhile.

Reaction Score
so far the level of players is in the right direction if you believe Rivals and 247. hope this is just he beginning

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just what the doctor ordered. Welcome to Storrs Tahj!

Reaction Score
A 3 STAR??????????????? IMO This kid is not a 3 star player.... from what I see from his video, I see a 4 Star Player!!! Great Pick Up For Uconn!:D

Know what? I'll bet your evaluation, and credentials supporting your evaluation, are equal to or better than many of the people that "work" for the recruiting sites. I believe you.

Reaction Score
Playing in the NY vs NE 7x7 Allstar Challenge (7-on-7 HS All-Star football game pitting New York's finest against the best of New England! Come out for the inaugural game on August 1st, 2015 in Stamford)

@NYNEChallenge: Here's who we have so far for the New England All-Stars!! Still a few more to come and spots to fill with nominees!!!

image.jpg

Few other familiar 2016 names and 2017 names w/ UConn offers.

Reaction Score
Have we offered Khari Fortt's kid brother Omar yet? wouldn't be mad if we did... that's a family of athletes... would be nice to keep the young man in CT for his college playing career...

Reaction Score
ktuck911 said:
Have we offered Khari Fortt's kid brother Omar yet? wouldn't be mad if we did... that's a family of athletes... would be nice to keep the young man in CT for his college playing career...

Omar comin'

Reaction Score
UConn Just Means Staying At Home For Suffield Academy's Tajh Herring
http://www.courant.com/sports/high-...erring-signing-uconn-0204-20160203-story.html

>>Tahj Herring grew up in Hartford's North End, minutes from Rentschler Field. His dream throughout his high school years at Suffield Academy was to play football forUConn in front his family and friends. On Wednesday, he officially became a Husky when he signed a letter of intent.

Herring, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound cornerback, had offers from Vanderbilt and Virginia. But he picked UConn over the SEC and ACC schools.

"I think it came down to me feeling like I'm home," Herring said. "It's more important for that school to feel like home than to go somewhere where you're not comfortable. … UConn just showed the most love. I was in contact with them almost every day. It's home."<<

Reaction Score
Nice article in the Hartford Courant today; I love the caption below!

Herring was asked Wednesday for his goals as he enters UConn. His No. 1 goal, he said, was getting his degree. Then winning a championship and earning all-conference status.

And by winning a title, he wasn't just talking about a conference title.

"I think our goal [as a recruiting class] is winning a national championship," Herring said. "Like if that's not your goal, then why are you playing football?"

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-tahj-herring-uconn-football-0207-20160206-story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom