2016 Commit #3: Eddie Hahn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2016 Commit #3: Eddie Hahn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has Whaler weighed in yet? Idk his posts don't show up anymore.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UConn Football Facts ‏@uconnfbfacts 5h5 hours ago
UConn Football Facts retweeted UConn Football Facts

Husky Fans, don't say we told you so....

UConn Football Facts added,

UConn Football Facts @uconnfbfacts
Check out the arm and mobility of Red Bank Catholic QB @Eddie_Hahn9 who received an offer from Uconn in late Jan!
2 retweets3 favorites

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm pleased, but the key will be to keep him locked up. Assuming he performs well this coming season, bigger schools will come calling. Do we know whether or not he still has any affinity towards playing QB? That could be a factor.

I do feel fairly good considering that both of the guys from the '15 class that were poached by other schools committed to us fairly late in the process. All other comments about Diaco aside, he did a good job keeping the early verbals fully committed to the program.

Reaction Score
I'm pleased, but the key will be to keep him locked up. Assuming he performs well this coming season, bigger schools will come calling. Do we know whether or not he still has any affinity towards playing QB? That could be a factor.

I do feel fairly good considering that both of the guys from the '15 class that were poached by other schools committed to us fairly late in the process. All other comments about Diaco aside, he did a good job keeping the early verbals fully committed to the program.
You think he would commit with the uncertainty of how he would be used or the possibility of where he might play? I don't. If anyone had those thoughts, something tells me they wouldn't be committing. He is coming in as an athlete by some accounts, to be evaluated at QB and DB (S).

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You think he would commit with the uncertainty of how he would be used or the possibility of where he might play? I don't. If anyone had those thoughts, something tells me they wouldn't be committing. He is coming in as an athlete by some accounts, to be evaluated at QB and DB (S).

No, I'm saying that if a P5 school were to recruit him as a guaranteed QB in the fall/winter, that could be a dicey situation for us.

Reaction Score
No, I'm saying that if a P5 school were to recruit him as a guaranteed QB in the fall/winter, that could be a dicey situation for us.
It's June. Signing day is in February. We go through this stuff every year. Some stick. Some don't. Last class, of those that committed early (june thru August) we saw a very high percentage stick to their committments. Someone help me out here, Ulizio was a later commit and a late flip. Can you all remember any others?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It's June. Signing day is in February. We go through this stuff every year. Some stick. Some don't. Last class, of those that committed early (june thru August) we saw a very high percentage stick to their committments. Someone help me out here, Ulizio was a later commit and a late flip. Can you all remember any others?

I'm fully aware of this and noted your point about early commits in my own post. Ulizio and Livingston were the late flips.

I think that Hahn playing QB as well as DB makes this a slightly different situation. As far as I know, he didn't have any opportunities to play QB for a P5 school - NC State was recruiting him as a DB as well, and I would assume the case was the same with Duke. Just going off of conjecture here, I would guess that QB is his preferred position. Regardless, I am happy he is in the fold for us at any position and I hope that he signs and becomes a part of the family.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
New rule idea for new commit threads.........keep it positive! At least the first day!

The kid just verballed and if he logs on here do we really need him to see posts that bring up us not being P5 and expressing nervousness that we're going to lose him to someone else?

Reaction Score
I'm actually more worried about losing the guy with only FCS offers than this one.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with this. I was concerned that the high number of players we got in the early recruiting process would not result in all but 2 sticking. The fact it did makes me feel rather confident that these recruits will be wearing UConn across their chest come 2016! Welcome aboard Eddie!

Reaction Score
Another nice addition! Welcome to UConn Eddie! I love seeing HCBD being able to pull quality guys out of quality programs in NJ. Beating out NC State and Duke just makes this even sweeter!
Yes I think according to a thread on this commit on RU's ri vals board he had a Duke offer also..impressive get. The RU board even concedes it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Another really nice pick up for the Huskies.

Welcome to Storrs, Eddie Hahn!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Maybe he was told he'd be playing a game every other year in New Brunswick.

Reaction Score
Yes I think according to a thread on this commit on RU's ri vals board he had a Duke offer also..impressive get. The RU board even concedes it.
Oh. That's special if the RU board concedes it.

Reaction Score
Nice to see the RBC/UCONN Football pipeline open up again. Donald Brown was among many RBC kids who played at UCONN...many of whom went on to become Co-Captains (4 former Co-Captains are also RBC graduates). Diaco was the lead recruiter for Quenten Nelson for ND, and made up SERIOUS ground for LB Jamie Gordinier who eventually signed with RBC grad Al Golden and the U after he was hired. This is a BIG get for us according to a good friend of mine who is a RBC grad and UCONN grad/football alumni who lives down in that part of NJ, he mentioned Hahn to me last season and said "we will be lucky to get him..kid is a SICK athlete". He also told me that Diaco has mended a LOT of fences at RBC that were obliterated after Scott Lakatos left UCONN. As for Hahn's athleticism....his best sport may be baseball, but he stopped playing because of his love for football; and that his vertical leap shows on the hoops court where he can dunk with ease.

Reaction Score
Oh. That's special if the RU board concedes it.
Ahh they can be nasty commenters but have a special hate for Cuse. Their board talks too much about everything BUT sports!?! Recipes,Obits and just general BS...pretty boring.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ahh they can be nasty commenters but have a special hate for Cuse. Their board talks too much about everything BUT sports!?! Recipes,Obits and just general BS...pretty boring.

I always found most Rutgers fans to be reasonable aside from their B1G invite and the factors surrounding it.

Love bringing in NJ guys and hopefully that continues with Diaco.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, you see Duke's class? If he got an offer from them...

Yes Duke has been doing very well too - I didn't see Dez's note on Duke until after I hit send. Doeren and Cutcliffe are both excellent.

Reaction Score
Nice to see the RBC/UCONN Football pipeline open up again. Donald Brown was among many RBC kids who played at UCONN...many of whom went on to become Co-Captains (4 former Co-Captains are also RBC graduates). Diaco was the lead recruiter for Quenten Nelson for ND, and made up SERIOUS ground for LB Jamie Gordinier who eventually signed with RBC grad Al Golden and the U after he was hired. This is a BIG get for us according to a good friend of mine who is a RBC grad and UCONN grad/football alumni who lives down in that part of NJ, he mentioned Hahn to me last season and said "we will be lucky to get him..kid is a SICK athlete". He also told me that Diaco has mended a LOT of fences at RBC that were obliterated after Scott Lakatos left UCONN. As for Hahn's athleticism....his best sport may be baseball, but he stopped playing because of his love for football; and that his vertical leap shows on the hoops court where he can dunk with ease.
Nice insight into RBC and NJ in general FD...thanks! Diaco really seems to be targeting NJ personally and making some real nice strides there. Add in the success we've been seeing in Chicagoland and Virginia and Diaco and staff seem to be successfully developing the plan he announced when hired. :cool:

Reaction Score
Nice insight into RBC and NJ in general FD...thanks! Diaco really seems to be targeting NJ personally and making some real nice strides there. Add in the success we've been seeing in Chicagoland and Virginia and Diaco and staff seem to be successfully developing the plan he announced when hired. :cool:

I agree. It is nice to see these recruiting areas being well-covered. I think that Diaco is picking recruiting areas where there is a lineage of success among UCONN players (like Donald Brown's Alma mater in this case) and he is using his connections to build in-roads in places we have not traditionally had recruiting returns with, such as the Northern New Jersey prep schools. I think it is a good balance on the recruiting front, which will create greater opportunities for success long-run.

We just need to keep building student athletes in this program as leaders and ambassadors on the field, in the community, and in the classroom and we will be back to a winning tradition.

Welcome aboard, Eddie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro