2016 Commit #15 Teddy Allmendinger (FB/H-Back/LB) - Avon High School, Avon CT (PWO) | The Boneyard

2016 Commit #15 Teddy Allmendinger (FB/H-Back/LB) - Avon High School, Avon CT (PWO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Jim Fuller - Avon All-Atate linebacker Teddy Allmendinger confirmed that he has accepted a spot as a preferred walk-on at UConn as a fullback/h-back.

Teddy is 6-0, 235lb.

This has been rumored since November-ish but now confirmed.

Reaction Score
He has really good instincts at LB. The kid knew where the ball was going before anyone else, and was able to get there quickly. Plus he seemed to have a little 'nasty' in him when he got to the ball. Welcome to UConn TA.

Reaction Score
The motor on this kid is extraordinary, the trucking is very good to see from an LB/FB hybrid. I think he would be better suited at LB, but if he can run with that amount of force on opposing Safeties and Corners, I'm all for him being a FB. My only concern is that FB means we are still going old-school/traditional, which I have grown to not be a fan of anymore. I'm really hoping Frank and the new QB Coach find ways to implement a more complex system for both the RB and QB.

I would first like to personally see the 2 TE sets go out the window with the return of Crozier at Center, and Lee as a blocking TE. We could then resort to Billy/Bloom in the passing game (Which would be the only time I'd accept the 2 TE sets). But again, everything starts with the OL, so there's that too.

Reaction Score
This kid is really good. Top 5 LB in the state for sure this past year.

Reaction Score
The motor on this kid is extraordinary, the trucking is very good to see from an LB/FB hybrid. I think he would be better suited at LB, but if he can run with that amount of force on opposing Safeties and Corners, I'm all for him being a FB. My only concern is that FB means we are still going old-school/traditional, which I have grown to not be a fan of anymore. I'm really hoping Frank and the new QB Coach find ways to implement a more complex system for both the RB and QB.

I would first like to personally see the 2 TE sets go out the window with the return of Crozier at Center, and Lee as a blocking TE. We could then resort to Billy/Bloom in the passing game (Which would be the only time I'd accept the 2 TE sets). But again, everything starts with the OL, so there's that too.
Wayne Lineburg didn't leave the staff...he was the QB coach last year. Don Patterson was Asst Head Coach/Tight Ends Coach....the new member of the staff will take his spot

Reaction Score
Wayne Lineburg didn't leave the staff...he was the QB coach last year. Don Patterson was Asst Head Coach/Tight Ends Coach....the new member of the staff will take his spot

My bad, I was previewing the Green Bay/Arizona (Injuries) game while typing my comment, I figured something wasn't right when I said the QB coach, because Don was the coach who retired. My apologies. And by the way, any word on who the new coach to fill in the vacant spot will be? I'm assuming it's someone already on the staff , but I would hope that Diaco searches for a coach elsewhere too.

Reaction Score
And by the way, any word on who the new coach to fill in the vacant spot will be? I'm assuming it's someone already on the staff , but I would hope that Diaco searches for a coach elsewhere too.

Good discussion but how about you start a new thread on that and take it off the individual player commitment thread?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CollinsvillePrs11:15am via Twitter Web Client
Avon's Teddy Allmendinger, 2nd row, farthest to left on the Walter Camp All CT football team @AvonFalcons #ctfb
CY2iNCfWkAAt-bN.jpg

Commits Keyion Dixon (next to Allmendinger) and Tyler Coyle (far right) also in picture.

Reaction Score
Welcome Teddy!!! I like what Diaco is doing with PWO's....he seems to be very consistent with awarding scholarships to walk-on's who earn them too. It isn't a hollow promise to these kids.

Reaction Score
His tape reminds me a TON of Marquise Vanns a few years back. Excellent run-stopping vision. Kid scrapes and takes on blocks like a champ. Same as Marquise, he's built like an absolute tank at age 18, and has good movement ability. Also, he's kinda short(shocked if he's actually 6'). Still as a PWO I could see him developing into a stud specials player for us year 1, and we'll see from there.

Welcome Ted.

Reaction Score
Dude looks jacked already! Maybe the next Scott Lutrus? He hits like a mac truck too. One of the more impressive highlights was right near the beginning about the 3rd or 4th clip, he hits the ball carrier wraps him up and flattens him like a pancake. Even took the kid off his feet!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah, posted that in the original thread from that article - but have seen three conflicting reports... guess we find out for sure on Wednesday.
If a scholly was offered, it's interesting that UConn changed course so soon after offering him PWO status. Makes you wonder if another program was making a strong run at him and the coaches didn't want to risk losing him. Either way, glad to have him, welcome aboard Ted!

Reaction Score
Yeah, posted that in the original thread from that article - but have seen three conflicting reports... guess we find out for sure on Wednesday.

Looks like a PWO. I wonder where the disconnect is.

Still works though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger